“Very cheap considering the area!”
Review of Honey Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Honey Hotel
Ranked #397 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Three of us shared a basic room. It had three separate beds. It wasn't very spacious at all, but it was a very clean room in a very good location of Bangkok. All other hotels in this area are far more expensive (like 2 to 4 times more per night) and some are really raunchy. This hotel did not come with free WiFi or breakfast but its literally a 3 minute walk away from Asok BTS or less. Very central, so I can't complain. Paid 1200 baht/night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BananaSeads

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed there 2 nights, October 25 and October 26. I was introduced to the Honey hotel by the staff of the Federal Hotel on Soi 11 (Same company owns both) The Federal will soon close their doors so I tried this one. Will I stay there again? Most likely, but I don't have the loyalty I had with the Federal. For the price, the Honey hotel is an excellent value considering the neighborhood. I stayed on the 3d floor and found it quiet and very comfortable. The room was fine and everything was as advertised. Three things to mention that might make you more aware:

a. The key to the door broke in the lock and had to be replaced. Old lock that has seen it's prime. No deadbolt inside the room, just a flimsy chain and the door lock. I would have expected a more secure door.
b. I've been in Asia long enough to appreciate the hose beside the toilet. Water pressure was just not there.
c. 50 baht for a half hour of internet. That dog don't hunt! Everyone has free wi-fi today. I refused to use it. In fact if I don't stay there in the future it will be a combination of these small aggrevations.

Still for the money it's a good value.

Room Tip: Check the locks and water pressure and, everything else you care about, before accepting the room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JerryCNX
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Yes, its true.

Hot water in the morning but cold showers after lunch. The hot water stops at lunch time, so after a long hot day in Bangkok, its cold water for showering when you get back. The only good thing is its close to BTS and MRT, which is why I booked it. Not again.

The hotel quote breakfast is included but if you are a couple, you only get one breakfast, whilst your companion has to pay an extra $5 on top of $50 for the room. They call it an American Breakfast but in reality, you two tiny pieces of bacon and two eggs and that $5 - not impressed.

Finally, no lift - yes you will have to walk up the many flights of stairs to get to your room. Great exercise as there is no air conditioning in the hallways, so you work up a hell of a sweat, just getting to your room and then you have cold water for the shower.

Its typically Thai, if thats the sort of thing you like but there are lots of other better places near by and the other reviews are typical of what you will find.

Room Tip: Dont book a room at the back - the building next door is only 3 feet away, so you can touch it from...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Well to be honest....I am writing this review rather belatedly...but better late than never as they say.
The Honey Hotel should be avoided if you have kids with you like we did....it is not a family orientated hotel at all.
I stayed there along with eight other friends (one of whom recommended this place) as it was 'cheap',clean,friendly,and in a good location!
First impressions when we arrived was that it looked tired....I was hoping that someone from the hotel would have been there to greet us (large group)....sadly there wasn't ...there was a rat though(large one)....who sort of greeted us...before disappearing towards the lower basement rooms in the car park area....
We had booked to stay there for a few days before heading up north....rooms were dated, tired looking, and to be frank...a bit grotty....(much like many of the male guests who were staying there at the time. More on that later)....beds were firm(think of the Flintstone's and you get my drift)....noise from staff and erm...gentlemen returning all hours of the morning and night didn't help matters...many worse for wear no doubt.....I would recommend anyone who intends to stay there to bring some ear plugs as a precaution...the place is in a busy location and has lots of places to eat and drink at reasonable prices....Soi Cowboy isn't too far away where local lasses and lady boys will try to encourage passers by drink in their bars....well worth a visit, but the novelty wears off pretty quickly when you find out the circumstances of how many of these girls end up at such places....Beers was reasonably priced and excellent quality(Singha and Carlsberg)......obviously I might add we did not take our kids with us to these bars....they were at local shops spending my money. Lol.....word of warning .....on the way back to the Honey....you will no doubt be approached by local ladies and laddies all touting for business....don't get angry with them...just politely refuse their advances and move on....gosh it is all sounding so sordid......on to food...lots of great places to try food from all over the world for bargain prices....street vendors all over the place...selling some great local food(I tried a few and had no stomach problems at all)....back at the Hotel....after our first nights sleep...we all got down to the breakfast area.....food was adequate...place wasn't too busy...but got busier as closing time approached and an endless stream of very scruffy looking farang men came down (most quite elderly)..with their young Thai partners/conquests....pitiful sight, but no doubt you would see the same scenario across Thailand no matter where you stayed....half out party stayed in Bangkok...me the Mrs and kids headed up North....would I stay there again.....nah....not with kids I wouldn't. Despite the fact they had a swimming pool (very deep though).....no....this Hotel seems to entice folk with money...looking for honey...This Honey is far from sweet though....but I will end on a good note for the place.....good location, lots of local amenities, some good staff members, half decent food, lots of Tuk Tuks, average rooms,(showers were ok though),...as regarding beds....check mattresses...and sheets for stains and other erm stuff....but taking all this into account.....prices were ok..not sure now though.....I must ADD....we travelled to this place a few years ago.....bear this in mind as hopefully improvements have indeed been made since we last went there .....we are going back in 2014 for a long holiday....(just me and the Mrs)...so maybe....just maybe...I will visit this place for a night.......or maybe not..lol

Room Tip: Check security of doors and rooms.....check mattresses and sheets the second you arrive in the room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Clashtraveller1862
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was in this hotel during three trips, the last of which a month ago, that is, the structure is not very recent, but it is very close to the skytrain, metro, many attractions, cleanliness is very good as well as the quality of the sleep, great prices of the restaurant, would recommend to anyone who wants to come to bangkok without launching into unbridled luxury

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank buongustaio93
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here every time I've visited thailand. Sometimes 3 times in a year. Usually love it here. My recent issue is a/c went out had move to another room. Then that one went out. Had move again. Then had move again because the last room was a more expensive room (300 baht more). I ask please let me stay this room for regular rate room so I don't have to move my things for a third time. They said "no". No loyalty or appreciation for regular customers. I had to move again. No discounts, no I'm sorry. This really kinda ticked me off. Not the way I would treat my regular customer!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have stayed here several times now over about 10 years - and it has not changed. The pool is great, the location is perfect, and the rooms that I have been in have been either very good or ok. My Thai wife and I were there in July 2013. We had specifically requested a room overlooking the pool. Price was 1400bht. This is good value for money - but there are other rooms in the hotel which are not so good - i.e. dark with no view. I will definltely be staying there again - but the length of my stay will depend on whether or not I can get a room overlooking the pool (the bonus is you can hang washing out the window). Airconditioining was excellent. There is nothing wrong with the restaurant attached
Max - New Zealand

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is a must. The basement rooms are a must to avoid. Get a Thai waitress in your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family