Honey Hotel
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$374
US$295
Agoda.com
All reviewsfederal hotelgerman beer gardensukhumvit roadmrt subwaybudget hotelbreakfast includedshopping mallterminalsafesficockroaches
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I like the location as you can get to most places via the sky train and subway service. Nice cool lobby and pleasant pool. Reasonable breakfast. Desk service is ok but not exceptional. Good tour office in lobby area. Downside is no decent view from cheaper rooms and you look into the widows of the rooms in the next corridor as the building is shaped like a capital E. But I like it just the same. Room just a little musty but you can open the window which I rather like. I think it is just al little overpriced. However, location is a huge plus and it is worth trying for just that aspect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mikolo1
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We (3 adults 1 child) stayed here for 1 night Nov 1-2 in a family room. I've stayed here 10 yrs ago as a couple and nothing much has changed. A good basic stop over, with plenty of tourist trap bars/restaurants within 2 city blocks, slightly off the beaten track and hence a good night's sleep. Also occupied by a few veteran westerner visitors with their temporary Thai girlfriends in tow, after all it is on the outer fringes of the nightlife entertainment area. Not at all seedy and given the price/location combination, we'll definitely be back. Few amenities - swimming pool but no bar - however a proper domestic sized fridge with plenty of space for your own beer bought at a 7-11 just 50 yards away.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so the top floor rooms are 3 fights of stairs away but these also have no passing traffic in the corridor outside and are quieter. As far as I can tell no rooms have a view worth noting but definitely go for a room with a fridge, most will have one and only the very cheapest ones don't, worth checking
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AllyBPetchabun
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Probably it was a good hotel when it was originall built, but I felt it's not well maintained. The walls and carpets look dingy. The location is great - very close to BTS Asok station and lots of restaurants options nearby. Only one breakfast per room per night included. I wish they include 2 breakfast for 2 peole. I didn't have problem of hot shower. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank motohachi
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Three of us shared a basic room. It had three separate beds. It wasn't very spacious at all, but it was a very clean room in a very good location of Bangkok. All other hotels in this area are far more expensive (like 2 to 4 times more per night) and some are really raunchy. This hotel did not come with free WiFi or breakfast but its literally a 3 minute walk away from Asok BTS or less. Very central, so I can't complain. Paid 1200 baht/night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BananaSeads
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed there 2 nights, October 25 and October 26. I was introduced to the Honey hotel by the staff of the Federal Hotel on Soi 11 (Same company owns both) The Federal will soon close their doors so I tried this one. Will I stay there again? Most likely, but I don't have the loyalty I had with the Federal. For the price, the Honey hotel is an excellent value considering the neighborhood. I stayed on the 3d floor and found it quiet and very comfortable. The room was fine and everything was as advertised. Three things to mention that might make you more aware:

a. The key to the door broke in the lock and had to be replaced. Old lock that has seen it's prime. No deadbolt inside the room, just a flimsy chain and the door lock. I would have expected a more secure door.
b. I've been in Asia long enough to appreciate the hose beside the toilet. Water pressure was just not there.
c. 50 baht for a half hour of internet. That dog don't hunt! Everyone has free wi-fi today. I refused to use it. In fact if I don't stay there in the future it will be a combination of these small aggrevations.

Still for the money it's a good value.

Room Tip: Check the locks and water pressure and, everything else you care about, before accepting the room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business