“Perfect way to end my trip :)”

Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta
“Perfect way to end my trip :)”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Love the paintings, love the interior, love the staff and love the room. The location is quite far to Bangkok's shopping center and no access from BTS/MTR, but taxi/tuk-tuk is easy to found and cost the same if you're traveling with a group. Definitely will be back to this hotel! oh, they provide breakfast and lunch! ;)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vindhya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Fantastic, quirky and gorgeous, and a brilliant place to stay. Tucked down a quiet lane, with a beautiful garden/outdoor area that also acts as the lobby and resturant. Funky kitsch/vintage feel to all of the decor, and rooms all individual in their theme and artwork. Fantastic staff who nothing is a problem for. Look forward to going back. Cold beers at the roof top bar at sunset over looking the big Buddah highly recommeded!

Room Tip: Mattress in the room was REALLY firm (bordering on hard). No safe in the room, but there are lockers...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chach2010
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I love the design, the paintings, the crafty everything, the vintage look, the friendly and helpful staff, and I love love love that they have creative workshops. I learned bookbinding and etching in my brief stay, and that gave me a chance to mingle with other guests as well.
Food & bev are okay, but I love the idea that they grow some of the food ingredients on the rooftop.
Bathrooms and bedrooms are clean, too bad my room didn't have a good view outside the window. AC functioned well, and it's good that they don't provide TV in rooms, cos who needs TV when you can enjoy such unique place?

We had our luggage stored after checking out before leaving for our night flight. It was safe :)
Location isn't so easy to access with public transportation, but there's always taxi and tuktuk (just beware of tricky cabs that won't put the meter on). So if you're on a tight schedule to visit all the places in Bangkok, this location might not be best.

If you're sending postcards or letters, they provide stamps and will post the cards/letters for you. They can also call cabs for you.

Room Tip: Every room is decorated and painted differently. If they're not fully booked, perhaps you could...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vira_Zoelfikar
Vancouver
Reviewed 16 April 2012

It was like a homecoming when I returned to the Phra-Nakorn over two years since the first time I visited. Two of their staff still worked there from the first time I visited and they remembered me! It was incredible! One of the massage ladies, Pen, gave me a huge heart-warming hug! AMAZING! I can't believe I was actually nervous the first time I visited Bangkok on my own, now I look forward to returning again and again. This is a very special place and the only thing I find difficult about it is how to put into words how welcome they make you feel. There is a sign at the front with the new guests first names on it everyday, welcoming them to the Phra-Nakorn family.

The rooms are clean, cozy and surprisingly peaceful in this busy city. They have expanded since I was first there to include a large area for workshops. They have Apple computers in a side room so feel free to Skype away! There is a room dedicated to massage.

They offer workshops in soap making and book binding. The Phra-Nakorn was my home base in Thailand when I zipped off to other areas. I mentioned to one of their lovely staff that the book binding workshop looked cool. Wouldn't you know when I returned they set-up a class that coincided with my schedule? How sweet is that? They go out of their way to ensure your holiday is filled with good memories. I was heading to POP House, a meditation retreat outside of Bangkok, and they arranged a taxi that would take me there. Not a small feat considering it was over an hour drive and not many taxis would be willing to take that fare!

They offer luggage storage if you need to leave things behind while you travel, which I found very handy. There is laundry machines on site where they provide their own homemade beautiful smelling detergent or their is a place to get your laundry done just down the alley. They are located very close to a 7-11 and a number of good restaurants are within walking distance. There are also the always delicious street vendors nearby.

The post office is about a five-minute walk away. I sent a few things home and the staff there were very helpful. Koh San Road is about a 15-20 minute walk away. I like the fact they are always monitoring who is coming and going in and around the hotel. I have always felt safe here as a solo female traveler.

The coffee is delicious as is all of their food here. All of the staff here are very helpful and speak excellent English. Whatever you need they will arrange for you. I love the tea they serve, their own special blend.

They have recently opened a roof-top patio where you can sit in peace while looking out over Bangkok.

They offer two complimentary bottles of water in the room and their beautifully scented homemade (and I believe organic) soaps. Even though I was just there over a week ago, I miss the Phra-Nakorn already and can't wait to go back! Thank-you again for a wonderful holiday, I highly recommend this amazing hotel!

Kop-khun-kha!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank NoonisGirl
roseofbangkok, PN Family at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Woww...^_^ Don't know what to say... Your review make a big smile on my face I will surely carry on this beautiful review to our family member. Here at PN we keep improving our place and service yearly, monthly and daily. Hopefully to serve our guest the best as we can. Please recommend us what else would u like to have in PN? What kind of workshop you're interesting? We definitely will go for it! We're so happy to be as your 2nd home and family here in Thailand ka ^_^ Keep in touch in our FB fan page for our new workshop ka.. Have s slow life
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Strongly recommend you choosing PN for your first stop of Bangkok. It offers your belongness to Bangkok, then you could begin your wonderful life there(slowly)

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Peterlu0628
Thank you for recommending us to be the first stop in Bangkok ka. Still we need all guest to study about our place carefully before you make decision on your booking. Cause we are not like the big hotel where you can find all the comfort. But if you looking for the taste , the mood and the experience of Thais we can offer you that. Life here grow slowly and simply where you all can see beauty easily. Have a slow life. ^_^
Cardiff, UK
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I really can't recommend this place enough. Everything has a wonderful handmade feel, with individually decorated rooms and beautifully hand-painted murals - it is a struggle to spot a mass produced object. A cafe downstairs is encircled with trees and cabinets of memorabilia and offers excellent food at decent prices (try the Massaman!). There is also a new rooftop bar overlooking the giant gold Bhudda near Banglamphu. Phra-Nakorn is a great place to sit and unwind; listening to the bird sounds and sipping a tea, it's so easy to forget you're in one of the most frantic cities in the world. Staff are also incredibly helpful, and handmade soaps, a meal, and a massage were included in the price when we visited. We stayed here to recuperate after our flight in, and on our last night in Thailand, but I would recommend a longer visit to soak up the tranquility. I wanted to live there.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review ka ^_^
All of the handmade and decorating has been design by heart. We input a lots of love and intention to create our small craft home. We believe that with the good intention to doing good on anything it can reflect on how we gonna treat our guest as well. Hopefully most of the guest may feel our caring through this too. You're always welcome back home ka.. Have a slow life
Copenhagen
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here two years ago and this was one of the places we wanted to go back to. Charming rooms, lovely food and an exellent location is just some of the reasons to stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family