Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
US$89
US$67
  • Restaurant
2,464 results
All reviewscd playerthewet piersoap makingthe riverbusy bangkokgolden buddhathai massageflower marketrooftop restaurantbreakfast was deliciousfamily roomguest housetaxi drivergrand palacelong flightboutique hotelkhao san road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2012

PN was a fantastic experience as a solo and first time traveler to Bangkok.

It is a great location (minutes away from one of the water stations) and has a plethora of restaurants around it.

The staff is so friendly and helpful: they give you great tips on where to go, how to get around and local highlights.

The smoothies and massages are amazing. The rooms are clean and spacious (and air conditioned).

The communal spaces are very inviting and the overall experience was incredibly positive.

Whether you are traveling in a couple, with friends, family or on your own, PN is a fantastic place to stay in Bangkok. I am definitely staying there again when I return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Our stay was relaxing and worry free. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel and room had decorative personality with unique paintings on the walls that blended into the old fashion but modern feel theme of the boutique hotel. There is a shared refrigerator and book exchange on the second floor. The food was prepared fresh with healthy ingredients. The smoothies were refreshing. Mac computers were available for use. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Phranakorn Norlen a comfortable, friendly boutique guest house with good facilities, good food and LOTS of character. Impressively peaceful atmosphere nestled in the centre of manic Bangkok!

PRICE: Standard Double, £45 per night with free extras

LOCATION: Quiet Location near river with easy access to sightseeing spots but not near to train stations

STAFF: Very friendly and helpful, some english speakers

ROOM: Clean Spacious and individually decorated with murals. Free bottled water every day. Free toiletries (despensers only). No bugs.

BREAKFAST/FOOD: Decent breakfast cooked to order (included) - also free lunch/drinks with vouchers

WIFI: Free, fast, reliable wifi throughout. Two guest computers opposite reception.

CUSTOMER TYPE: For slighty budget concsious wanting something unique and 'Thai' feeling.

The only slight hiccup we had staying at PN was finding it! We came via train / boat rather than taxi and got a bit lost, so for those wondering... From the river, ignore the tourist boat (which doesn't go far enough upriver!) and get on the ferries with the orange flags for 15 baht, which you pay on the boat. Get off at pier 15 "Thewet" then head straight down the road (Thanon Kung Kasem) past the first big cross roads taking a right at the Seven Eleven (just before the foot bridge over the canal). Hotel is on the right down Soi Thewett 1 which appears to be an alley way! At time of visit, Google Maps made it look as though PN was down the turning before which is where we went wrong!

It's also worth noting that £45 may not seem that cheap compared to some of the deals available in Bangkok, but you actually get a lot of extra value at PN if you use the vouchers they give you on check-in, we used ours for several tasty lunch/dinner meals, as well as drinks and we also took advantage of the discount for a thai massage (which was as good as any we have had in Thailand and is a must try for visiters to the country). We also did our free etching workshop which was great fun and used the communal washing machine which was cheaper than a laundry service at other hotels.

The helpful attitude of Si and Fon (the main english speaking girls) also made PN feel like excellent value for money. It's not a typical marble floored high rise Bangkok hotel but that's what made it special for us and we would return in an instant.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTeamLynch
Reviewed 15 November 2012

After a long and sleeples flight, the hotel instantly felt like a garden of eden. Yes, with daily fresh apples. It is a charming, vintage - themed place, very peaceful despite it being full of families with young kids. The staff are so friendly and courteous, and were extremely helpful with our lost luggage problem. The children play area is a nice touch helping the lil ones overcome the potential culture shock.
I personally really liked the traditional thai breakfasts; as for other food - good, perhaps a little too spiced-down for my liking. Loved the smoothies!
Significant other really liked the dedicated stroller parking area, self-service laundry and massage.

Room Tip: Rooms at front get occasional nighttime noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My first destination upon landing was to my hotel in the Old Bangkok district. This small boutique hotel hidden down a scrappy alleyway resulted in getting lost and worrying my cab driver who questioned and mocked my choice in hotels. Being my first time in Asia, this response heightened my anxiety and doubted my online purchasing decision.

However, the second I passed through the bizarre locked and gated entryway of the Phra-Nakorn (PN) hotel I was immediately engulfed in a colorful hideaway of delight, choc-full of glorious colors, painted butterflies, birdhouses, trickling streams, dense trees and vintage nicknacks everywhere I looked. The food was scrumptious and the staff endearing and happy go lucky. I wondered if I would ever leave again.

The hotel motto is to celebrate a slow life in this sanctuary from the hectic noise, smells and chaos that is Bangkok. Certainly a nice respite after a 24 hour flight. But despite my exhaustion, my exploration kicked in. I could not help but scope out the 4 story hotel, including a courtyard dining space, a sewing room, a shop filled with organic treats, and my favorite, the rooftop gardens and cafe with real live bunnies and an outstanding view of the Standing Buddha lit up in glorious gold at night with the sunsetting beyond.

I have arrived!

Room Tip: My room was over the kitchen and the staff had apologized and warned me that there would be noise, however I heard none. (Perhaps because I live in Manhattan), and the tiny balcany with my own private view of the Standing Buddha was priceless. A perfect room for one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo