Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Tara Place(Bangkok)
2,464 results
All reviewscd playerthewet piersoap makingthe riverbusy bangkokgolden buddhathai massageflower marketrooftop restaurantbreakfast was deliciousfamily roomguest housetaxi drivergrand palacelong flightboutique hotelkhao san road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Hi I had a pleasant 3 nites in PN. Non smoking and focus in details are the main 2 reason brought me to PN. I am sensitive to smoke and dust, PN is just perfect for me.

Candy dispenser, old cameras, glass balls, sewing machine, old piano brings back memory of good old days.

PN is the first “Asian are welcome” semi hotel/home stay I ever experienced in Thailand. It was a surprise to me and I am impressed. However there is still room for improvement.

My breakfast tea did not come on my 2nd day, even it was just few of us in that morning. Mai pen rai ka, need to take note.

Understand that PN wanted the guest to have a healthy organic breakfast n is served with what the chef/boss feel like the guest to have. Nevertheless, I would appreciate if PN could consider to add Breakfast tea, Toast with butter + jam , half boiled egg into breakfast menu. I am not a coffee person and breakfast to me is the most important meal to start a day. Thai tea is good, could have breakfast tea will be better. Yes, your warm milk is really a plus and the "secret" of a nice cup of thai tea (told by Zine), warmed my heart. A great job done.

I really like the room which I can sleep with my window opened, feel like home. Downside is the antique fan is really slow due to its age :) I am not an air con person , will be great if you can fix a faster moving antique fan.

Besides, there is a hole on my towel, I find this is unacceptable and I am not willing to compromise. A host do not need to give his/her guest a fancy or high quality towel but a towel without hole. It’s a basic manner right?

The bathroom floor need to be touched up, the floor level at the shower area is low which caused water stuck. Also, please check the air con pipe and other pipe which connect to the balcony, the noise of the dropping water on the sink was really annoying. (I had it on the 2nd nite, its already late so I did not inform PN gang).

Overall PN gang has done a great job, keep up with your good work and stay slow life!

I will visit again once my empty piggy bank is refilled :) Chok dee

P/S: my room no is “Song Soon Chet”

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2009

Dear yongnienie, we're very glad to hear what did you feel when staying with us, thank you so much for all review :) We hope to serve you better and better next time, take care!

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Family of 4 from Melbourne Australia stayed for 2 nights and had a great time. Its a quirky hotel down a laneway that most tourists would normally not look at but step inside and you have a fantastic space decorated in an authentic and fun way - we all loved it. Food was great and the staff were excellent - very helpful. Easy to catch taxi or tuk tuk to all attractions. Local area is not a tourist location, its where the locals live but that gives it a real Bangkok feeling. Great value for money and was much more fun than staying in a western style hotel. Highly recommended. Ask for a room with a view of the big gold buddha - quite spectacular.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2009

Good Day Grahamcr!

Thank you for your review and thanks again for choosing us. We all hope to service you guys again next time.

You're very nice, you post such a lovely advertise for our PN also :)

Reviewed 7 October 2009

We were initially a bit lost about where to stay in Bangkok and after a bit of TripAdvisor research we came across Phranakorn-Nornlen. The hotel far exceeded our expectations - the staff were lovely, the food incredible and the location perfect. In a city as manic as Bangkok Phranakorn-Nornlen is a true oasis of calm and after a hard day of sightseeing it was a pleasure to return to the hotel. From the handmade soap to the flask of tea everything in the hotel is carefully thought out - a refreshing change from the generic chain hotels. We loved it :-)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leaveasafriend

Dear Leaveasafriend - we very much love your profile name :)

Thank you for chose PN and for your lovely review. For the soap, yes, it's made by ourselves. You know some of staffs use it for their face also :)

Reviewed 1 October 2009

This place was fantastic.
From the second i arrived the staff were fantastically friendly! they were so helpful and accommodating! They were still awake and happy to serve me even though due to a late flight i didn't arrive till nearly 1 in the morning!!!
The hotel, if you can call it that offered a friendly homely atmosphere! They were so thoughtful and helpful.
I had a beautiful breakfast (although unusual - salad and rice) it was beautiful and healthy no doubt!
They have 3 good mac computers which are free to use to browse the internet at your pleasure.
They also supplied me with a fantastic and reasonable thai massage!
They were so helpful in supporting me as a lone traveler giving very accurate advise about where to travel and how to get to see what!
they even advised on local bars which were very nice.
All in all a FANTASTIC experience.
p.s. yes the bed was hard! Yes its Hippy! Its sooooooo good for you to get back to nature! their moto is slow life! so chill!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Thank you for your review and thanks again for chose us!

For your arrival next time, please feel free to let us know if any special requests you may have...our staff is ready to make your stay unforgettable :)

Reviewed 22 September 2009

I was so happy that we (my 13 yr old daughter & I) chose to stay at PN. It actually surpassed my expectations, and they were pretty high after reading all the rave reviews.

You open the front gate and you feel as if you're entering into a secret garden. The quirky shop fronts are spot-on. The staff are relaxed and efficient at the same time. Very friendly too. The highlight of our stay was probably the friendship we made with Zine who took the two of us initially on a walking tour but was happy to take us around Bangkok for the rest of the day. We learnt much more than we would have ever done by ourselves with guide books.

I really can find no fault with PN.
Location was great as was the food.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
PhranakornNornlen, PN gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2009

Dear Happy-wanderer0759

Thank you for your review.
Our guest is our friend who we need to help with all willing.

Keep slow life and smiling :)