“A beautiful, quirky, relaxed, peaceful and friendly oasis of calm!”

Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
Ranked #6 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We really, really loved this place right from the start! Really peaceful and magical with lots of quirky little details. You walk in through the gates and are immediately in a beautiful courtyard garden where there was a blackboard saying 'Welcome...' with our names on it. and when we checked in we were brought glasses of iced tea. The service was really friendly throughout our stay; our package included a free walking tour, when two lovely members of staff took us to a local market to taste various delicacies. (All the food we ate in the hotel's cafe was delicious too.) But for most of our (too short) stay in Bangkok we lazed about at the hotel, gently getting over the flight, as it was such a peaceful, relaxed and relaxing place. We didn't think we would like Bangkok as everyone said how noisy and busy it is, but we loved it and this place is why. We want to come back again and see more, and when we do we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toastedteacakes
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2009

Dear Guest, thank you for your review, it's so lovely ^3^
We're now finding new dishes for everyone, and hoping very much you can join and taste them on your next arrival in Thailand - please also feel free to let us know if any special requests you may have :)

There are newer reviews for Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel

Reviewed 26 November 2009

I stayed at the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel when I first arrived in Bangkok on November 3rd, I opted for their hotel transfer service, having never been to Bangkok and I arrived late at night/early morning. It was so easy! The greeting was fantastic, I was shown to my room and they said 'and now it's time to relax'....I was exhausted from my trip and didn't realize how much so until they put on the music and I was out.

My room was charming, cozy and clean, I loved it! And the internet was fast and easy to connect to. This was my first time to Thailand and I decided to go on my own, I had heard all kinds of horror stories of Bangkok, but I have to say they were quickly obliterated since I felt so safe and happy at the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel.

In the morning, the coffee was absolutely fantastic and so was the food! Some things I wasn't used to for breakfast, but everything tasted so good I adjusted quickly.

The Thai massage is great there! So nice to have a massage after a long flight and every single member of their staff is kind, sweet and helpful. I could not have asked for a better home away from home.

I traveled all around Thailand and Laos, but needed to return back to Bangkok before my departure. I loved the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel so much, I decided to stay there my last two nights in Bangkok. I was away for three weeks, when I arrived back there, I felt like I was coming home. All the staff remembered me and greeted me with a huge smile and 'Welcome back'! Where else can you get service like that?

I felt like family there, and you will to. Be sure to check out the garden on the roof...the garden in the main area is amazing as well.

I found it super easy to get around since they give you a slip of paper with a map to give to the taxi and tuk tuk drivers, I never had a problem with anyone finding the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel. I just kept one of the pieces of paper (which I believe you can download from their website) and gave it to the taxi driver. Super easy.

I highly recommend the walking tours....I went on the one to the 100 year-old market, it was more of an eating tour. It was an absolute blast! The tour was included with my stay. Khao San Road is about a 20 minute walk away, and the ferry is about a ten minute walk away.

A special thanks to the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel for making my trip to Thailand and very wonderful experience.

Khaawp Khoon Ka

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank NoonisGirl
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2009

Dear our lovely guest..thank you for your review:)
We all smile while reading your input, it's really great to know that you're so happy with what we've done.
For your information, we're trying to find new route for walking tour and those new places'll available only Tue and Thur, hope you can join us for your next arrival in Thailand!
Thanks so much, dear!

Reviewed 22 November 2009

Went to stay with my family and my little 2 year old niece for 4 nights. Very pleasant stay, good food, excellent environment, very friendly and helpful staff, and totally an outstanding experience. Even my niece enjoyed there.

It's not typical of the other hotels and all the descriptions are mentioned clearly on the front page of this website so that everyone may understand what is to be expected.

A perfect stay for my family. Thank you for making our vacation pleasantly memorable!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2009

Dear amgh's family, thank you again for choosing us during your stay in Bangkok, we're glad to make your holidays memorable and hoping to serve you again next time :) Hope you will be fine with the best of health and wealth...thanks so much!

Reviewed 14 November 2009

Perfect place to stay in Bangkok! Really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear GisaFreitag, thanks so much for your review and also these nice pics. Please feel free to let us know if any special requests you may have when visit our PN next time, thank you again!

Reviewed 2 November 2009

You will never find any other place like PN. Pure color, best staff, calm, foot, garden, rooms,..

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Dear commeby, thank you very much for your review, we're hoping to serve you again on your next arrival :)

Reviewed 1 November 2009

Stayed for four nights in September, this was our first trip to Thailand. We normally stay in 4-5 star hotels, but decided to try something different this time - and were really glad we did.

This hotel is the most welcoming hotel that we have ever stayed in. It offers an oasis of peace and calm in an otherwise manic city. The reason why the hotel is so good? The staff make you feel that you are at home and cannot do enough for you. The food is good and the surroundings are charming and relaxing. The room was clean and comfortable, and I never missed the TV once. Try the Thai massage, it was superb.

The location is great, in the old part of Bangkok, plenty of local colour and character. The river taxi station is within walking distance and is a quick and pleasant way to get to the Royal Palace and temples.

If we ever get back to Bangkok, PN is where we will stay.

Huge thanks to all the staff for making our trip a memorable one, it really made our holiday.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Liz
It's also so superb to had you here in September, you're so kind and lovely!

We hope you have great helth and wealth, and enjoy your life everyday :)

Thanks for your review and thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed 30 October 2009

We stayed 6 nights at Phanakorn-Nornlen. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly. Indeed we appreciated vey much the "off-the beaten paths" tour proposed by the hotel, as well as the breakfast, which is different every day and is prepared with local ingredients. The only problem is the Taxi/Tuk-Tuk drivers do not know it, and sometimes it is difficult to explain them where you want to go. But if you are not afraid of discussing with thai drivers (who in general are very friendly) this is definitely the place to go in Bangkok, if you like to enjoy the "local" lifestyle, and you don't want to end up in an anonymous western style hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Bonjour..

Your review is so lovely, we're working hard to find such an awesome map for all guests to ensure there's no any guests get lost and cheat from those drivers you talked about. Thank you for choosing with us during your stay in BKK.

Merci beaucoup