“A gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“A gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This hotel is a true gem, an oasis of calm and peace in a crazy-busy city. We stayed in two different rooms (at the beginning and end of our trip) and I really liked them both. Clean, comfortable, big bathroom, lovely terrace overlooking the courtyard. The service was super friendly, professional, and warm. We felt at home right away. One could while away lots of time here and it would be wonderful. The food was also very good. And those smoothies!!! The best in SE Asia, in my opinion. Highly recommend and can't wait to return!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2009
Dear Emiana, first of all, let us say thank you for choosing stay with us and also for your beautiful review :) Please feel free to let us know if any special requets you may have on your next arrival in Thailand.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

I can't recommend staying at this beautiful gem of a hotel more. After only reading good reviews of this place we thought it seemed maybe it was too good to be true... it was better! Completely crazy it was rustic french farmhouse meets Alice in Wonderland. We were greeted by welcome drinks and delicious food, suggestions of what to do that we wouldn't have thought of, little perks such as free wifi and afternoon green tea. Our room was clean, fresh and quirky. If only more hotels could be like this! The staff were so friendly, helpful and accommodating we could have stayed forever! Thank you for making our short but sweet stay in Bangkok even sweeter!

1 Thank holly6650
Dear Guests, thank you for your review, it's so lovely! Just hoping you can stay with us longer on your arrival in Thailand next time...to feel more slow-life in our PN, thank you again!
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

Really quality service delivered from within by all staff here. I don't consider this place a commercial hotel. I felt truly cared for like a friend rather than some money spending tourist. The place is very charming and peaceful. For me, it's back to basics to enjoy & appreciate simple things around us.

Some gestures that touched me:
- a staff ran after a checked-out guest to outside the premises to hand him a bottle of complimentary mineral water
- knocked door to door to serve complimentary green tea in the afternoon
- missed having eggs for breakfast one morning and ordered 2 eggs off the breakfast menu. I was prepared to pay for them but was told it's FOC
and many more....

Thank you!

Dear HaganDazz
It's great to know you had lots of memorable in our PN and hope you also had a great time in Thailand. Thanks so much again for choosing us, take care :D
somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

We really, really loved this place right from the start! Really peaceful and magical with lots of quirky little details. You walk in through the gates and are immediately in a beautiful courtyard garden where there was a blackboard saying 'Welcome...' with our names on it. and when we checked in we were brought glasses of iced tea. The service was really friendly throughout our stay; our package included a free walking tour, when two lovely members of staff took us to a local market to taste various delicacies. (All the food we ate in the hotel's cafe was delicious too.) But for most of our (too short) stay in Bangkok we lazed about at the hotel, gently getting over the flight, as it was such a peaceful, relaxed and relaxing place. We didn't think we would like Bangkok as everyone said how noisy and busy it is, but we loved it and this place is why. We want to come back again and see more, and when we do we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toastedteacakes
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2009
Dear Guest, thank you for your review, it's so lovely ^3^
We're now finding new dishes for everyone, and hoping very much you can join and taste them on your next arrival in Thailand - please also feel free to let us know if any special requests you may have :)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

I stayed at the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel when I first arrived in Bangkok on November 3rd, I opted for their hotel transfer service, having never been to Bangkok and I arrived late at night/early morning. It was so easy! The greeting was fantastic, I was shown to my room and they said 'and now it's time to relax'....I was exhausted from my trip and didn't realize how much so until they put on the music and I was out.

My room was charming, cozy and clean, I loved it! And the internet was fast and easy to connect to. This was my first time to Thailand and I decided to go on my own, I had heard all kinds of horror stories of Bangkok, but I have to say they were quickly obliterated since I felt so safe and happy at the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel.

In the morning, the coffee was absolutely fantastic and so was the food! Some things I wasn't used to for breakfast, but everything tasted so good I adjusted quickly.

The Thai massage is great there! So nice to have a massage after a long flight and every single member of their staff is kind, sweet and helpful. I could not have asked for a better home away from home.

I traveled all around Thailand and Laos, but needed to return back to Bangkok before my departure. I loved the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel so much, I decided to stay there my last two nights in Bangkok. I was away for three weeks, when I arrived back there, I felt like I was coming home. All the staff remembered me and greeted me with a huge smile and 'Welcome back'! Where else can you get service like that?

I felt like family there, and you will to. Be sure to check out the garden on the roof...the garden in the main area is amazing as well.

I found it super easy to get around since they give you a slip of paper with a map to give to the taxi and tuk tuk drivers, I never had a problem with anyone finding the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel. I just kept one of the pieces of paper (which I believe you can download from their website) and gave it to the taxi driver. Super easy.

I highly recommend the walking tours....I went on the one to the 100 year-old market, it was more of an eating tour. It was an absolute blast! The tour was included with my stay. Khao San Road is about a 20 minute walk away, and the ferry is about a ten minute walk away.

A special thanks to the Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel for making my trip to Thailand and very wonderful experience.

Khaawp Khoon Ka

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank NoonisGirl
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2009
Dear our lovely guest..thank you for your review:)
We all smile while reading your input, it's really great to know that you're so happy with what we've done.
For your information, we're trying to find new route for walking tour and those new places'll available only Tue and Thur, hope you can join us for your next arrival in Thailand!
Thanks so much, dear!
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

Went to stay with my family and my little 2 year old niece for 4 nights. Very pleasant stay, good food, excellent environment, very friendly and helpful staff, and totally an outstanding experience. Even my niece enjoyed there.

It's not typical of the other hotels and all the descriptions are mentioned clearly on the front page of this website so that everyone may understand what is to be expected.

A perfect stay for my family. Thank you for making our vacation pleasantly memorable!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PhranakornNornlen, PN Gang at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2009
Dear amgh's family, thank you again for choosing us during your stay in Bangkok, we're glad to make your holidays memorable and hoping to serve you again next time :) Hope you will be fine with the best of health and wealth...thanks so much!
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

Perfect place to stay in Bangkok! Really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear GisaFreitag, thanks so much for your review and also these nice pics. Please feel free to let us know if any special requests you may have when visit our PN next time, thank you again!