“Thugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #771 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
India
“Thugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family on 28/06/13-30/06/13 in the so called presidential suite. The room was okay, there were no cockroaches (as I had read in previous reviews), but the lady at the reception was more rude than I had read in the previous reviews. It seems she has been thoroughly trained by the management for heated arguments with the guests. On the day of checkout, the house maid brought 4 wet towels (recently used by us in the shower) and a small hand wash towel which had a small tea stain on it. The receptionist shouted at me that we have made all their towels dirty, and she charged me 300 baht for dry cleaning of all the towels. She even refused to give me the receipt.
Secondly we had used six tea pouches ( 20 baht ) for making tea, but she insisted we had used about ten, she wanted to charge for them, but after a short argument she decided to charge for eight pouches.
So if you go there do not use their towels and tea bags.

Room Tip: Rooms are away (quieter) from the bustling crowds about half kilometer away. Tuk tuk service is prov...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank AnilkumarGurgaon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This place is the pits-nothing works and the staff don't give a gosh darn! My safe deposit box apparently has been broken for a long time. Pubic hair in the sink (not mine!), air conditioning barely works and they charge extra for more pillows!!!! The Manager says he is sorry but Upper management allow him no discretion. There is a "planned renovation" I suggest they just close down.I told them I would check out early and they just shrug their shoulders-guess they are used to people checking out early. Do not stay here under any circumstances-try the Sawadee Inn on Soi8 which is where I ended up staying.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank AndyTTT

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Queenstown, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I'm not one to be fussy with hotels or rooms, BUT this place was foul. Cockroaches and dead insects, also disgustingly unclean. The building is falling apart! Light were falling out and flickering. Even we asked for a NON-SMOKING room, and it stank like cigarettes. You could see the stains from tobacco smoke on the roof.
After asking for a refund, we were refused only offered another room. With the benefit of the doubt, we accepted to give a look at another room, so after bell boy struggled to get into the room, only too find exactly the same on a different floor.
We left with out our money we had paid!

Upon arriving down the road at another hotel, explaining what we had just experienced they said they know so many people have been there with same issue's.

SO, DO NOT STAY HERE!

I only wish I had taken photos to put up! The photos on any website etc. must have been from the 70's.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jamie167
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Booked this Hotel for our last night in Asia. Through out our Holiday, we found some great hotels, which were clean, tidy and very welcoming, some at such a high standard we couldn't believe what a bargain we had got. We found The Royal Asia Lodge, as we did with all our previous Hotels we booked on a reportable website. Looking at the pictures, it seemed fine for the money, and was in the same price bracket to the rest of the Hotels we used on this trip.
4 in our group, we booked two double rooms. On arrival, my first thoughts were that this building needed up dating. Very dull, run down and tired looking. Looking as if it had not had a lick of paint since the 80,s. At the reception I was asked if I wanted a smoking or non smoking room. I asked for NON smoking! Once I arrived at my room, there had been a problem with the electronic key, due to what appeared to be a faulty handle caused by, what looked like a forced entry. Once inside, the smell of stale smoke cigarette smoke hit me. My friends NON SMOKING room was the same. The room itself felt un welcoming and was like a room out of the film scar face. Dirty, dull, grimy ! Kettle and cups were not at all clean, so I washed everything before chancing a cuppa, to only fine you had to pay 20 Baht for a sachet of coffee,milk and sugar.
The TV provided had four channels, all Asian, but the picture was not watchable and out of tune.
We decided to go out to the Market and have some food, before resting up in preparation for our early morning flight. On our return, I opened my door to be welcomed by what was a farm of Cockroaches !!! They were everywhere. On the walls, floors,in the Bathroom on the dresser and table, but worst of all, actually in the bed itself. I pulled backed the sheets to find them under the covers and buried within each fold or crease between the bed and mattress. Looking closer, you could see the Cockroach droppings on the bed. My friends room was the same.
Feeling un easy by all this I went to ask if we could change rooms, by at first was a well spoken English Asian guy. But when I mention the word Cockroach, his English became poor with the remarks. " I dont understand "
In the end we had to just try and get a few hours sleep, with me on top of the bed and my partner sat in the chair.
With our Taxi pre booked, we checked out, I mentioned that we had all had a sleepless night due to the above to the Receptionist, where he too played dumb and said he didn't understand, and then had the cheek to charge me 20 Baht for the coffee !!
Dont let your trip be dampened by staying at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Dont pay any money until you take a look at your room. The photos are not always up dated or even th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kirbs5432
kuala lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

the hotel is located 20mins walked fron nana bts. Smelly room, dusty, we even saw numbers of tiny cockroach on table and toilet. The most haunted things was bathroom light went off while taking shower. We asked receiptionist they have no idea. We requested to change room. Few rooms we viewed, found cockroach in bathroom and dusty at the air-con. We booked for two nights but checked out early on next day. I can said this is the worst stayed.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank HelyKL
Island of Malta, Malta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

The worst hotel I've ever been to! We traveled as a group (12 people) and not a single safety box was working so we left some money in our luggage. Housekeeping must have not known that we are together and stole from 100 to 400$ from each room. The money was hidden in suitcases and between clothes so she probably looked through our stuff. When we reported it to the hotel reception they told us they are not responsible and don't care about it. When we asked for police number and police station address they gave us false information, fake number and non-existing address. We went to Thai police and travel police but we never got our money back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank AgataNka
BangkokMike, General Manager at Royal Asia Lodge Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear valued guest,

This review didn’t reflect our services and is unfair for us.

Thank you for staying at the Royal Asia Lodge. Also thanks for the review; it would have been great if there was a little bit of appreciation for our assistance. Your group occupied 3 presidential suites, where there are 2 safety boxes in each room for guest uses for keeping valuable things. Unfortunately you haven’t uses any of those complementary facilities.

Last 15 years the same maid has been consistently making up our Presidential Suite rooms and there are no complaint reported against her. Moreover as soon as we got your complaint, we called that room Attendant and investigated this incident, and we haven’t found anything suspicious. For further investigation we suggested you to report to the police station and accordingly provided you address and contact number. There is no meaning giving you false information in this information & technology age.
Tokyo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I booked this Hotel through Travel Agent including Breakfast, but NO BREAKFAST Services when I checked in , wow!!!!!

Reception said simply, SORRY Dining Room are now under construction, thsu refunding fee for
Breakfast, 60 BHT per day dueirng my stay there, 25 Apr., check-in and 4 May out, total 540 BHT
, but hiow can I take Breakfast outside Hotel by 60 BHT ????????
This is my worst happening when I stay many Hotels with firm booking, and I will never book this holtel in a future,even I visit Bangkok, definitely!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo