“My second time was great”

Evergreen Place Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 1,244 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Lasko, Slovenia
“My second time was great”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

As me and my girlfriend already enjoyed last September (2011) I decided that also this year I will book a same place to check if our satisfaction is maintained. We booked this hotel two months before our initial arrival and we booked for 4 nights. While arriving we received room at the same floor (19 floor) as last time. Great. The only difference was that this was a room next to our previous stay and room itself was mirrored configuration.
We took the junior suite room and that has very good with big comfortable bed. Sleep was very good as I already remember from last year. As I catch some cold from A/C on planes, buses, vans I stayed one day in the room sick and we also used room's kitchen to cook. Kitchen is fully functional with pans and dishes provided and we were really happy about that. Room came equiped with two big air cons but we rarely use it. Maybe climate high in the BKK is much more Euro friendly than below :).
Breakfast was maybe even better that the last time as far as I remember. There is really a variety of things that you can choose from. Quality of the food is very good and we enjoyed it. All the best to the cooks here. Also juices are great. There is also lots of fruit and other things that more kids also like. So everybody, no matter the ethnicity, race or color will find something for themselves.
Swimming pool is a great one, big and also deep at one end so you can sure make some good recreation there. You can also take a sunbath next by in the afternoon and sure you will almost have a feeling that you don't need busy islands :).
What still is the best about this place is that is so close to shopping place, 7 eleven is conveniently located just near the place. But if you are lazy you can also pick up drinks from the fridge as they are not ridiculously high like in other hotels. BTS is 3 minutes walk away and you can also catch a taxi wherever. What I also love about this place and it is still available are the soaps and shampoos that are available in the room. Smell of them is just fantastic. Internet (Wi-Fi) is available throughout all hotel and we used it every single day. What is also worth to mention is a view, specially if you lucky and you get a MBK side of the hotel.
Staff at the hotel was very friendly, specially the porters at the entrance. Also best word I have to give is to the cleaning staff as they are very efficient and good what they do. As this year I was sick for one day I managed to observed them how thorough and systematic they are.
The only complaint I can have is about one lady at the restaurant who shouted on the other member of the staff for a very long time. This was not acceptable for this kind of establishment. I believe that this kind of situations should be solved at the back stage but not on the eyes of the guests as an incident was not related with the guests. Anyway this did not spoiled my evaluation not to give five stars again. Sure I will highly consider this hotel for my next stay in Bangkok as I just love it.

Room Tip: Best rooms are high floors overlooking towards MBK. See the pics :)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We just came back from Evergreen place on Sunday. We stayed from 24th Aug - 26th Aug. I booked 2 deluxe rooms and imagine my surprise when they gave a free upgrade to 2 suites! we stayed in room 1906 and 1904. they were accommodating especially since they saw we were travelling with 2 elderly parents.

My bf's parents were very happy with the room. and the staff tried their best to communicate with them although my bf's parents can only speak teochew and hokkien.

The room was very clean. many a times, i caught myself sitting on the hardwood floor. good that there were no carpets. abit far to walk to pratunam.. convinent location although we didnt get to walk far because of the elderly parents. The room were very LARGE and very spacious.

I loved the service of 2 of the front desk staff (Jirarat and Yanyont) who assisted me in hurrying the taxi driver that we booked to the airport. I made a mistake by booking one at 7pm and realized tt it was too late to catch our flight. they went the extra mile to ask the driver to come 30 mins earlier to fetch us.

These two front desk staff made a huge difference in my stay. always happy, always eager to help. They were juggling 3 large groups of people, us included when we were leaving bkk. i have only praise for the both of them, and i will be writing a commendation letter to the management for them. The bell boys also were very helpful. always ready to help carry bags when we finished shopping.

However, there was a trainee front desk staff that really pissed me off during check in, making my first day very sour until his shift ended and was changed with Jirarat and Yanyont. he's always with a frown and a sulky face as if we owed him alot of money. even when i greeted him with a smile, he would answer with the most unhappy and impatient tone. i think the management should do something about him.

BTW, if u want cheap and good thai food, just go outside the hotel to where the 7-11 is. there are 3 stalls selling thai food. must order: fish, pork neck, roasted chicken, boiled cockles (dont take the roasted.. we found them not very cooked) and their seafood fried rice(this is the best!). total bill only came up to about 500baht.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Audrey877
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

There was nothing ostensibly wrong with this accommodation - it ticked the basic boxes. But in a city with 100's of hotels, it wouldn't be my choice again. I stayed here primarily due to location (close to Siam and a walk to Phaya Thai station (which is the airport train - cheap at 90 baht!). The room was fine, bed not overly comfortable but not terrible, staff friendly. Breakfast was pretty average though.

Room Tip: Take a room higher up in the building to ensure a quiet night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pavlob
Madrid
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Location is the best feature of this property, close to a BTS station, and ten minutes walking to the Siam commercial zone (MBK, Paragon, etc). It is not a hotel but serviced apartments. The rooms are big enough and well equipped, but need an update. Lobby was in reform so space was quite limited. About checkin, process is smooth and efficient if you travel alone, but if you are part of a group, staff hardly manage the checkin. And if you are arriving by a tour bus, it will not be able to access the entrance, so you will have to walk some 50 meters. About staff, we found some persons not well motivated, and trained to deal with customers. Breakfast is good enough for us, but some travellers may require more variety.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

皆さんの口コミには、スタッフの対応がフレンドリーなどと書かれていますが、私は最低だと思いました。
バスタブ付きで4泊予約したにも関わらず、初日チェックインした際に通された部屋は、バスタブ無し!しかも、何も使っていないシャワーブースから水漏れ!これを、フロントにクレームとして伝えるも、「明日の朝にしてくれ」と言われ、仕方なく1泊はその部屋に。 全体として、部屋は古く、テレビの映りも悪く、造りも平凡で、隣室の音がめっちゃうるさい。ドア・ボーイも怠慢で、セキュリティーも???。朝食も連日食べれるようなものではありませんでした。 あまりお薦めできるところとは思えません。

1 Thank 某旅行会社
bangkok
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Fabulous location -- steps from the skytrain & 7-11-- scores top marks in my rating.

Free Skytrain Pass if we book through the hotel's website. Also saw new shops at modern L Building next door such as.... sushi place, coffee shop, pharmacy, air ticket agent.... which will make my future stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank shirotan
Surabaya
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is great hotel with great location, only 5 min walk to Ratchathewi BTS (u can use ASIA Hotel (next door to Evergreen Place) BTS bridge on the 2nd floor to avoid raining days).

The room is spacious with Kitchenette (plate, fork,spoon, wook utensil provided), clean and comfortable.

The Staff at Very Friendly and Helpfull including the bell boy.

We get 2 free mineral water per day.

The Bathroom amenities is very good (Shampoo,Liquid Soap,toothbrush,toothpaste,etc)

Plenty of very good and cheap food stalls in front of Hotel, u can get Pad Thai special with shrimp only 50 Bath and Tom Yam Gung Soup only 100 Bath.

711 store next door to Hotel on the right side to buy anything u need.

Use comfortable shoes, if u on budget travel, than ur travel will involving A LOT OF WALKING even after use BTS and MRT to sighseeing area.

Room Tip: Ask for room face Bangkok City, u will get nice view of Bangkok City
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple