“Good location”

I-Residence Hotel Silom
Ranked #275 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Visited Bangkok in October 2013 and stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. Very good location as BTS Chong Nonsi station just right infront of the hotel. Many Taxi and tuk tuk around the place and have many hawker stalls outside the hotel. Everything was good just traffic abit congested. Will come back again if have the chance to visit bangkok again. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here Nov 2012 with my other two best friends. We had booked one room for only 2 of us, so when we got there explained to reception that we needed an extra bed. With no fuss they said "No problem, come back and get our key in 1hr". With time to spare we changed in the Lobby toilet into our swimmers and headed up to the rooftop pool for a morning swim. The pool was clean & with a cute view of the busy city.
After time had passed we went and collected our key and headed up to our room...Wow! it was huge! haha There was a simple kitchen, dinning table and here is where they placed the spare bed. We couldn't believe how spacious it was, like a mini studio for the 3 of us.
The location of the hotel was perfect since it is located right next to a Sky Train, Super useful for getting around Bangkok without getting stuck in all the traffic.
We only stayed one night but it was perfect!
I've already booked for another night in Nov 2013 and very excited!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have a perfect staying in here! it was my second visit after 2011.
We're arrived at 11 am, therefore we can't check in. We are out for lunch since the location near the restaurant. When we returned at 12:30 we got a room upgraded to Junior Suite as my other room is not available yet. We were booking 2 rooms and we requested at the same floor, besides we understand the check in time is at 2pm.
We decided to go swimming and went around the hotel.
The room is clean, and being clean everyday during our 4 Nights there.
The location very near to ITF building, on walking distance because its my assembly.
I also love the fact that Chong Non Si station is just a step away, and when we want to go to Siam its only less than 5 minutes, also to Saphan Taksin, where we got river attraction places.
Will I go back for the third place? of course when we got to Bangkok we will return.
the staff also very helpful, and even the manager is friendly to my baby boy.

I dont know why people judging perhaps they just expect better service at low price.
i-residence service is much better than service that could give by hotel in Jakarta, lest say ibis super small but double price than i-residence.

Breakfast is ok, since USD 6 for two person? come on its way cheap for hotel breakfast!!

Room Tip: Better Choose room start at 6th level to avoid noise, I mean if there is, I barely hear anyway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Oh where do I start.
Check in was the slowest process I have ever endured, the front reception area is located in an underground car park. I felt sick with the smell in the reception as the kitchen is directly behind reception. They required a deposit even though I had fully paid for our booking.
The room is very small as is the bathroom. The bathroom was filthy and discusting!!! On our second last day the maid opened our door herself at 9am whilst my husband was in the shower as she thought it was our last day, not happy!!!
Breakfast wasn't to bad ad was probably the best part of the whole hotel.
Pool area whilst not bad had no pool towels and no one to ask for one. The pool looks clean but when your in it it actually has green slime on bottom.
The customer service is none existant and they want to charge you for absolutely everything 1000baht for late checkout 20 baht per bag per day for them to store them and the list goes on.
The area really is the only good thing about this hotel and I would NEVER stay there again. This would have to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank morrowfamily
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

It's pricey but it's worth it! The rooms are clean and big. The bathroom spotless and well distributed. The design of the room is beautiful and functional, and the staff are friendly even though a bit confused with English sometimes.
The location is the best in the city, since all form of transportation are just there. Having visited BKK on different ocassions and staying on different locations, Silom is hands down the best one. This hotel has a perfect spot in the amazing BKK.
Stayed here twice and will stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel is so closter phobicand needs a make over. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are even smaller.The staff need retraining they are not very pleasant .Breakfasts are terrible. The photos look great but dont trust the photos. we just traveled all through Vietnam and Cambodia and this hotel was the worst. Only thing going for it is Location .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013

DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT IS A RIP OFF. There Web Site is Very Miss-Leading Photos of Suite Room Is Nothing Like the Room its Self. No wear is there Seating in the room as stated on web site, The Suite room is so small, King Bed So Hard, Small Work desk no room for Luggage. Safety Box in room was no bigger than a small shoe Box and not secured to wall. House Keeping Didn't Happen. Breakfast was TERRIBLE I'm not joking. DONT Pay for your room till you check it out, I pay on check in for Four Nights $89.00 a night. How Dum was I. We left after Three nights. Went and stayed at the Anantara Sathorn for a extra $ 30.00 AUD a night got a Proper Two Room Suite, Stayed there for Two Weeks FANTASTIC. The Only Hotel to stay in, In that Area I think.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple