Diamond city is less than a diamond. Located behind Asia, about 10 minutes walk along a narrow and fairly dull street thru' a somewhat (u wun find any tourist in this area)residental area.
1) HUGE hotel rooms, i booked a single (for my gal and i) got a king size bed and a foldable bed and still have alot of leg room to fit in a big cupboard a sofa set and tv table and even a tub.
2) TUB! for this price!?!!!
3) Superbly friendly staff, small hotel so the bellboy is also the room service guy and the security guard and a pretty nice chap to talk to. oh and he helped me flag a cab at 4am in the morn and haggle w the driver.
4) hotel staff locks door at night, keeps watch at the door. this is pretty funny cuz when we came back late one night we saw em jump up from the sofa. pretty funny.
5) walk to MBK brings u pass the best money changer in the world with the best rates ever.
6) free drinks and fridge.
1) Dark Water-ish (movie) stain on the carpet.
2) The place is a little dated.
3) Common balcony, seperated by glass sliding door. so any theft muz be committed by ur neighbour.
4) 15 ~ 20 min walk to MBK.
5) Empty Narrow street leading to hotel... not good for ladies. yes, it is lighted at night but heh i bet most ladies will feel a lil chilly here.
6) cupboard looks like it is the center of spirit activity in the whole of bangkok... yes, call me a manic call me anything but the cupboard in blood red scared the hell out of my gal and i.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Diamond City Hotel, BangkokExplore yourself in this boutique hotel styles in the center of Bangkok with our friendly staffs that will always welcome you, cater to your every needs, and anticipate your every desire.At the heart of Bangkok, Diamond City Hotel is located in the best shopping area and at the core business area. Please visit us and enjoy our warm hospitality at a reasonable price with excellent services, newly furnished guest rooms, convenient location, security and privacy, and not to mention our delicious cuisine available 24 hours.Here you will receive 5-star service from our team with years of experience and friendly staffs that will go above and beyond their call of duty to ensure that your stay with us will be a comfortable and memorable one.We offer hotel accommodation within your budget. Diamond City Hotel embraces and takes pride in our boutique mood setting, situated in the heart of Bangkok.Location: Minutes away from Siam Square, MBK Shopping Plaza, Pratunam, and Siam Paragon. Less than 10 minutes to Ratchathewee Skytrain Station Less than 2 minutes walking distance to 7-eleven, local markets, and variety of authentic Thai Restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Diamond City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond City Bangkok