“Excellent facility, very convenient”

Siam@Siam Design Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #133 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Slept 2 nights at the 22nd floor of this excellent hotel. Room decoration is superb. Spa services very good. Staff friendly and helpful. Only note to the mangement: roof top bar and restaurant to be improved, air conditioners fans are blowing hot air to the roof, Lights hanged on the handrail kill the skyline view, dry martini served on a flat glass?? Mmmmm....rest is fine. Cheers.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan A, Manager at Siam@Siam Design Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear AAndreAA75,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at Siam@Siam Design Hotels & Resorts. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our property. Our staff is thrilled with our praise. We are really thankful for your useful report regarding our experience at the Roof Restaurant and will take your comments into consideration for further improvement in our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you for another fabulous stay.

Jonathan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,874)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

When choosing a hotel, we all have different criteria. Unfortunately, this hotel did not tick all my required criteria. I have been to Bangkok on may occasions and more often than not, stay in the Silom area. One of the reasons I stay in Silom is the night life, markets, shopping, BTS access and great hotels. I love the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, especially at night. This part of the city really comes to life after dark. Unfortuantely, I found Siam at Siam was not located in an area that I liked. Firstly, it is at the end of of the main shopping strip, a good 150 meters passed the National Stadium BTS (which is the last station). If I wanted to stay in a more convenient location closer to the main shopping centers, then other hotels would be more convenient, such as the Novotel. When returning to my hotel at 1am in the morning, taxi was the only form of transport. The area is dead after midnight, as there was nothing surrounding the hotel for either locals or tourists.

Secondly, I did not like the wifi. I was required to log on every time my phone was either turned off or I had not used wifi in awhile. I found it very annoying. The air conditioning was not good either. I did not find it efficient and often found myself having to turn it off, rather than leaving it on. The decor and layout of the room good and I had no problems there.

Breakfast was by far the best thing about this hotel. Great home made muesli and a huge selection of foods to start the day,

Room Tip: Stay in a high level and away from the BTS.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Navy35
Jonathan A, Manager at Siam@Siam Design Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Navy35,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to pass on some valuable feedback following your stay with us. I am particularly sorry we failed to provide you with the experience you hoped for. Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with the air conditioning and with the wifi. We are taking your comments into consideration for further improvements in our services.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We got what we paid for. Nice and clean hotel room, nice design with a good breakfast.
It's close to the siam shopping square and to the sky train station. Infinity pool is good and the staff is very friendly and helpfull. We got a very good deal via agoda and would stay there again for that money.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FeeOnTour
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Nice funky design, but definitely not good for tourists that are new to Bangkok. Poor service at front desk, does not inform customers of actions, eg. scanning passports, no smiles, little communication. We had a leak from the roof in our bathroom but did not get a room change or upgrade, they came to mop it up and dry the roof and that was it. Again, nice look to the hotel but service was disappointing.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank hopeful_a

Dear hopeful_a Japan,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at your property. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain and improve our levels of services. Before addressing the problems which you encountered during your stay, I would like to thank you for the praise about the design of the hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the inconvenience you experienced with the leak in the ceiling. In order to redeem ourselves and to show you that these are not the standards which we are accustomed to, please contact our Guest Service Manager who will personally arrange a unique stay for you.
Moreover, I regret that you found some of our staff unfriendly and unhelpful at the lobby floor. Please rest assured that I have addressed your concerns appropriately and we have undertaken measures to prevent this from happening again.

We hope you will allow us to restore your confidence by returning to stay with us for your next visit to Bangkok so that we may demonstrate our commitment to serving you better.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights in Aug 2014!! Great location , clean hotel, very funky hotel which is nice but other things were poor! Staff were ok but no smiles from them, bad service at restaurants , waiting for drinks or coffee at breakfast, lots of staff but standing around a lot or just only worried about clearing tables then looking a customers what they want ! This looks like a international hotel but if so some staff don't know basic English ! Bad coffee umm!!!!! Breakfast area is nice ! Food in hotel is over priced! Rooms here are very nice but didn't have any info on restaurants or room service!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Damon B

Dear Damon B,

We appreciate the time you took to share your positive feedback but also your concern. Your comments regarding our convenient location, our well-appointed room and our funky design are really appreciated. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the lack of service you observed during the breakfast. I will discuss that matter with the F&B Manager. Moreover, I would like to inform you that we finalized the new version of our Guest Service Directory and we are expecting it to be delivered soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I loved my stay at the Siam @ Siam. The location is perfect, the breakfast was great, and the staff are AMAZING! We had two drivers throughout my stay with a friend, and they made our trip. They took us around all day to all the sight, helped me so much ( as i had a broken ankle at the time) and even bought a special traditional ointment which helped with inflammation. ( sweetest hotel staff I have ever met. So genuine) The rooftop restaurant had great views of Bangkok, and the pool and bar were fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alittletravel
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

After a long exhausting flight I had an extra late checking in this amazing hotel and the staff were so nice and helpful.
The hotel itself is mind blowing, with all the arts, design. In the middle of crazy busy Bangkok siam@siam design hotel is a pearl.
Will definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank YoungWildAdventurous
Jonathan A, Manager at Siam@Siam Design Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear YoungWildAdventurous,

Thank you very much for taking time to share that amazing review from your recent stay at Siam@Siam Design Hotels & Resorts. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at your property and that we fulfilled our aim to anticipate your needs.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.