My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while on our honeymoon. This was one of the most expensive of all the hotels we stayed at during our 3 week holiday around SE Asia so i was expecting great things. However we were dissappointed with the hotel and its staff considering the price.
There were some good points which were:
- the rooms are very cool and well designed and the decor, although a little bizarre, is good fun and different.
- The pool is amazing with brilliant views of the city and a nice little bar and lounger area next to it was a perfect retreat from the hectic streets outside.
- the food in the hotel was delicious (we only had the breakfast and the lunch buffets) loads of variety and well executed.
however, as stated above, the service was well below what we were expecting from a hotel of this calibre. These may seem like small things but having stayed at other, similar price hotels during our honeymoon this is nnot what we were expecting.
- despite english supposedly being the 2nd language of bangkok the hotel manager seemed to have found all the people who couldn't understand it so every time we asked to something or needed an issue resolved we just got blank looks from the staff.
- On booking we were told that there were a few small deals on for couples on honeymoon and that to get these we just had to show our marriage certificate. we did so at check in and the hotel staff were completely indifferent and none of the promised benefits ever materialised.
- the free welcome drink promised is not brought to you, but you have to go to one of the bars with a token only to find that there is no choice but that you all get given a non-alcoholic fruit punch from a jug. just a small thing but if it is a welcome drink i think we should have actually been 'welcomed' with it.
- all the bars and restaurants in the hotel close at 11pm and the staff don't seem to agree on this so we were sent up a down in the lift a few times before really working out that everything was closed.
- on our first night at the hotel we were woken up at 5am, 6am and 7am by a 'wake-up call' which we had not asked for. when i went to reception the staff member who dealt with metook ages to understand what i was saying then didn't even apologise and told me i had to call the operator myself to cancel the wake up call rather than sort it themselves. we were also interrupted again at 9am by cleaners wanting to come in, surely they understand that western tourists in Bangkok are unlikely to be early-risers?!
- when we went down for breakfast one morning we were sat at a table where one of the chairs was soaking wet where something had been spilt, when we mentioned it to a member of staff we were, once again greeted with indifference and ignored so we just moved ourselves.
- at checkout my husband was being dealt with by a member of staff when someone else who must have been more important came towards reception so the person dealing with my husband just walked over to talk to that person without any sort of apology or expanation.
- also, and this isn't something the staff can help, but the skytrain is right next to the hotel and makes a sound like thunder striking overhead every time a train goes by. this stops at around midnight but starts again at 5am so if you are a light sleeper and not having a heavy one this is unlikely to be a good nights sleep.
All this may seem petty but we were so excited about going to this hotel and these little things left an incredibly bad taste in our mouths about our stay and we were glad to leave.
will not be visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 221 artistically appointed rooms featuring high ceilings, large clear bay windows and all modern amenities. The rooms' striking, dramatic interior designs reflect the artistic creativity that brings a new dimension to stylish easy-living - a truly refreshing approach to the way you see, feel and experience your environment. The hotel offers the very best in the way of creative artistry, combined with luxury and the highest standards of comfortable living. Accommodation units breathe sophisticated style and class. Facilities on offer to guests at this fully air-conditioned establishment include a hotel lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service, lift access, currency exchange facilities, a newspaper stand and a hotel safe. Internet access is available, and additional facilities include a bar, pub, café and a restaurant. Room and laundry services are provided (fees apply to laundry services), and guests arriving by car can leave their vehicles in the nearby car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Siam@Siam Design Hotel Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siam@Siam Design Hotel And Spa
- Siam Design Hotel
- Siam Design Bangkok