“not welcoming: limited wifi acces and room deposit” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Fenix Sukhumvit

Le Fenix Sukhumvit
Ranked #327 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Ghent, Belgium
“not welcoming: limited wifi acces and room deposit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this room for the convenient location in soi 11.
Although the room was big and clean, I didn't like the overal feel of this hotel. It doens't really have a personal touch, you're just another anonimous client in a big hotel.
The reception took quite a while to check us in, although we booked beforehand. From the room, we heard al the noises in the hallway and the beats from the bar upstairs.

What really bothered me is that they ask a 1000 THB deposit for the room, as if you look like a hooligan or as if you're not thrustworthy. (we booked through booking.com with our credit card, I should think that should be sufficient garanty)

second really annoying thing: free wifi acces is limited to 2 hours per room for your whole stay!! This is the only place in Thailand (and most other countries) I came across that didn't offer free wifi for it's guests. Not acceptable, I think.

for those reasons, would not stay again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelgianChoco
LeFenixSukhumvit, General Manager at Le Fenix Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear BelgianChoco,

Thank you very much for your review and comments. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor. We hope you, your family and friends had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity. It was a true pleasure meeting everyone. I'm sure you must be glad to be home, your presence here is missed by our entire team

I fully understand the frustration and anxiety that may have caused you upon arrival. I regret for the unfortunate circumstances and deeply regret that you did not happy about our hotel procedure to collect a room deposit. But this practice is doing in all hotels in Thailand, to cover and protect our self for any unfortunate circumstance.

For internet service at the hotel, please kindly note that we provided Unlimited internet access to all in-house guest. I'm not sure that how do you get the information for a complimentary 2 hours per stay. That's totally not our hotel.

Your remarks have been carefully noted and I can assure you that necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconveniences in the future as our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focus and all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

I do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you, when you next visit to Bangkok.

Meanwhile, I am at your disposal should you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

gm@lefenixbangkok.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

things to request when you book
1)ask a room with stabilized hot water not like the one i get from booling to cold water alternatively
2)ask a room with a window can be opened (handle missing) to refresh the air
3) i ask the wifi password. they set up a login and a password for me. it never works. i use my phone 3g solution
4) ask for the breakfast included in room. i paid 1800 tbh ( more than internet price ) walk in check in. they ask me to fill a form with my name email and signature. this morning they fill themselves that my room do not included breakfast.
5) rooms are so small

i do not recommend this hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank didierfar
Dear Didierfar,

First of all please accept my apologizes if your room was not up to our standards. If possible, could you please give me some more details such as your staying dates and room number for me to have a full investigation on what happened and make sure it does not happen again,

Please find my e-mail as follow:
gm@lefenixbangkok.com

Please also allow me to explain on your comments as follow;
- Not stabilize hot and cold water, we will definitely fix or change a hot water machine unit in your room. Please let us know the room number.
- By law, we can't open the window. However, we can open the window for guest upon request.
- We never got any problem on internet connection to all devices. Possible that your mobile device had a fixed IP address, and could not get an IP from our system. Please let us know, we them can send a technician to solve the problem.
- We normally ask guest every times that they need a room only or room with breakfast package. For your case, my deepest apology if our staffs are failed to ask.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, it’s the Best Rate Guaranteed.

Kind Regards

gm@lefenixbangkok.com

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you like to be in the city action, close to good restaurants and walking distance to the sky train then this is a perfect choice. I stayed here while visiting my friend who was living in Bangkok and the hotel is modern and chic and the rooftop bar/ restaurant is great! It was close to great night clubs and restaurants and we could walk to the sky train to get us to the shopping and central areas easily. There are even a food good street food carts near by as well as convenient shops. Nest was great as well as Indus Indiana restaurant on soi 26. The great front dest staff even helped us plan details for our trip to the south and directed us to which islands they thought were best. I only review hotels that really stick in mind and I would definitely go back to Le Fenix.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenHA95
LeFenixSukhumvit, General Manager at Le Fenix Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear JenHA95,

Thank you very much for your review!

I note your satisfaction with our service, hotel’s facilities and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Le Fenix Sukhumvit.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms. Walking distance to Nana MRT.

The hotel is very well located in the heart of the city. The Restaurants can be reach by walking distance somewhere along the main road. .Very helpful and friendly staff telling you how much is the taxi ride, how to go to places of interest etc

Good WIFI - Delicious Breakfast - value for money.

Will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Stayed for 4 nights in Aug 2013

Room Tip: Rooms on the Upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mohammedali_2050
Dear Ali_2050,

Wagga Wagga, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed for 6 nights, the rooms were great, the service was first class.

The location & pricing was very good.

I found that the food was tasty, reasonably priced & fresh, but the food in the L3 restaurant was not served hot from the buffet. I was at breakfast early twice I had eggs cooked to order this was hot but the other food was warm at best.

The pool was closed for maintenance

I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Robin Wallace,

Malvern
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This would appear to be a typical Bangkok three star hotel, no real frills, but adequate for a short stay in this manic city. It is conveniently located in Soi 11 in Sukhumvit not far from the Nana sky train station. The hotel actually provide a free ride to the station, but it really is an easy walk, although that said, for first timers to Thailand, don't expect nice footpaths and walkways, that's not Thailand. Reception is on the first floor and was pretty efficient and bags were transported to the room. We were on the fourth floor and I suspect all the rooms are much the same, no real view and almost a slat for a window, but we weren't there for the views. It had a very big bed, although the base was bigger than the mattress so several times both of us caught our legs on the base which was somewhat painful. The mattress was ok and the bathroom was adequate although the shower head wouldn't fit snugly so you had to hold it.
There was adequate wardrobe space for what we required but we had trouble trying to get a light within the wardrobe to go off and one night and when I touched the connection, I got a massive shock. In fairness, when I told the housekeeper the next day,within minutes a man was there to fix the problem. The hair drier was pretty useless, it would run for about 30 seconds and then cut out, if you left it for a while, it worked again. The air conditioning was quite noisey, but reasonably effective. There was a mini bar and safe ( no charge) and two complimentary bottles of water each day. There was also tea and coffee facilities in the room.
There is a popular bar on the roof of the hotel called The Nest, the views were ok, but it was rather pricey for what it was.
The gym was a waste of time, the treadmill had a rip in it and clearly hadn't worked for a while and the other equipment was well passed it's sell by date. The small inside pool was also closed as floor tiles were broken and missing.
Breakfast wasn't great, with virtually cold baked beans and more geared for those who like more Asian food for breakfast! the ready made muesli was ok, but in Thailand we would normally not book breakfast and eat out, which in hindsight may have been our better option. Others may of course enjoy the fayre offered.
The decor was typical of a three star hotel, but we had no problem with the cleanliness of rooms etc and sheets would be changed each day if required as would towels. Complimentary shower gel and shampoo was appreciated.
Free wifi was provided and worked pretty well in the room and there was a large TV and a docking station for iPods etc as well as a DVD player.
For a few days stay it was ok, but if staying longer I would probably look elsewhere.
Whilst we were there all the protests were on and our booked travel to the airport cried off so we used the regular guy that parks outside, we paid 500 baht to the airport inc toll charges, but the guy was a complete maniac. Driving at 110 kph on a motorway on his phone just 10 yards behind a van, probably nothing to do with the hotel! but don't use him, he'll end up killing someone.
In honesty, Bangkok isn't my real deal, I much prefer Chiang Mai but that may be an age thing, if you are over 50 forget Bangkok and do CM, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Don't use the taxi driver outside the hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pencroft
Dear Pencroft,

Thank you for your comments.

On behalf of the management and staff of Le Fenix Bangkok, I appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention.

The experience you have been through is unacceptable and I cannot apologies enough for this incident. Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests.

Please rest assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and we will strengthen our focus on our training and preventive action in these specific areas. In addition, we have taken necessary actions to prevent a recurrence of such incident in the future.

We hope this experience will not impair your trust in Le Fenix Bangkok and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Thank you and we wish you a wonderful day ahead!

Best Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Hi there, am here for 6 nights and 7 days and I choose the superior room, which is good comfortable and it's going so far so good...good things...close to nana train station, as am a vegetarian there lot of good 100% vegetarian restaurants, shopping lane close by...u get everything over there at a very cheap price good quality..but yes u have to bargain, night life is good..Le fenix gives a free entrance to Q bar and lot of clubs around to hop for , u get a welcome drink coupon at your arrival in the hotel of your choice...

bad things - swimming pool out of order , no shaving kit, room cleaning only day time..so far only these are the cons I found..rest is going well so far.

Regards
Farzan

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
LeFenixSukhumvit, General Manager at Le Fenix Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Farzan M,

Thank you for your comment!

It truly was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you and we wish you a wonderful day ahead!

Best Regards,