Lowest prices for your stay
US$45
Priceline
US$41
Agoda.com
US$27
Hotels.comUS$45
TravelocityUS$45
Trip.comUS$42
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I am a business traveller, and i stayed in serviced apartments such as Frasier, Anatara, Ascott in BKK before.
This is my second time staying in Urbana, this time i had a very disappointing experience.
1. The second night i returned after my work, i was shocked to find my room not cleaned! I had to call for housekeeping to clean up my room. Terrible. How could they miss it?
2. During my check out, i requested the billing of my hotel room, and the airport limousine to be seperated. I had to explain 2-3 times to 2 different persons, then they understood. It took me at least 25mins to chk out. It wasnt even peak hour.
3. The last night when my taxi finally able to find the hotel, it was ard 130Baht. I paid him 200Baht, and he started to speak in thai, i cld only hear words of "tips, tips,". The bellboy who held the door, just kept looking at him, and us. I asked him to translate several times, he just kept quiet!!!! We sat there facing one fierce cabbie suddenly ratting thai to bellboy, no reaction, and then rapidly back to us.
Another bellboy came over. i asked him to translate, he said "he said u or her promise him tips". I just went "sorry, what you mean?". The bellboy just said "i dont know, i dont know".
Me and colleague also didnt know, the cab uncle wanted to keep the 200Baht, or he wanted more!! And the two staffs were not helping. The two of us sat in the cab, not sure what to do either. Both just looked us cabbie and then looked at us, holding the door. After several moments, my colleague asked the cabbie directly, and said "that 200Baht, ok? ok?"
Then the cabbie grinned and said ok.
How useless are the bellboys?? Two hotel guests, both foreigners, and they just left us to fend for ourselves, in front of the hotel.
Seriously, i wont go back again.
For travellers who have no choice - you can tell cabbie that Urbana is next to "Marriott hotel". One suggestion is to get from the hotel the address of Urbana in thai language. They will give u this tiny piece of paper with the map on it.
In addition, Urbana is near to HealthLand (good massage place), you can always get the hotel to call and make appointment for you.
Good luck!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank steffietan
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Our stay was fantastic the rooms are wonderful very spacious and modern . Having a washing machine and dryer is a bonus . It is still very close to every where it is only about 100bht to MBK and other shopping centres . The staff are very friendly and the breakfast is great we will be back here

Room tip: We stayed in the executive studio
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Narelle J
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Firstly as someone else had said - the taxi driver didn't know where the hotel was. We were taken to the Marriott first but we said that wasn't the right place. It was almost next door so that was fine!

Upon arrival our bags were unloaded and we checked in - the process was rather quick and within 10 minutes we were in our room. The hotel itself was clean and tidy. Our room was gorgeous! 2 bedrooms, kitchen, washing machine, air conditioning. Absolutely clean and the views of Bangkok were pretty good. It was nice to sit out on the balcony and watch the traffic chaos and not be part of it! The complimentary bottled water were a welcome treat in Bangkok's heat.

We had booked our room almost 5 months earlier and had also booked a cot for our 2 year old. After 3 trips to reception it was finally understood what we needed but were told they didn't have any as other guests had the cots! So we asked for a mattress or something we could put on the floor for him. Housekeeping then brought a little pillow, and quilt for him. We explained this was not enough and we would need a mattress or something. Finally we were given a mattress. This was better than the alternative (sleeping with us) unfortunately we had to pick him up off the floor (as he had rolled off) a few times each night and put him back on the mattress.

Breakfast was ok. Not a huge selection but ok. Coffee was great! Had dinner in the restaurant 1 night - it was rather nice food and the service was quick and the staff were polite as they seem to be everywhere in Thailand!

We tried to buy wifi for our room but were told our room is not in a suitable location for reception!

The pool was a big hit with all of us. It was nice to relax in the pool after a long day travelling. The only downside was the fact that one time our 2 year old was wrapped in the pool towel and we were allowed to take him up to our room in it, just as long as we returned it as soon as we possibly could - which we did - returning it 10 minutes later. The next day the man on pool duty wouldn't let us do the same so we had to give the towel back before we left the area leaving our son shivering in the airconditioing until we got to the room and dressed him. We would have returned the towel man!!!

When we were ready to check out the concierge took our bags, waited until we had checked out and then loaded them into the van for us. The most disappointing part is that I had taken the water bottle that was left in our room and put it in the side pocket of my backpack. It was still sealed and I was grateful to have the water bottle in the heat. When we arrived at the airport I found that it had been removed from my backpack - I mean seriously - it's only 1 bottle of complimentary water! That was such a petty thing to do - I just couldn't believe anyone would do that!

Those little things - cot, towel, water bottle, wifi, would make me think twice about staying here again. The room itself was gorgeous there is no doubting that but I would have to seriously think twice before staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank travellingwoodburys
Zaki B, Group General Manager at Urbana Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear travellingwoodberrys,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing Urbana Sathorn and for taking the time to write us the detailed feedback following your stay.

I am deeply concerned after reading about the incidents you encountered during your stay. After a thorough investigation, please rest assured that the water bottle incident has definitely been a misunderstanding. The water bottles are complimentary and it has never in our practice to confiscate them upon check-out. Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the baby cot and the internet. We have already ordered in more baby cots and we are also on process of installing new internet system and will be completed soon. I am sorry about the service of the staff at the pool, this is certainly unacceptable and I have shared your comment with the team to prevent this from happening again.

I am glad to hear that you appreciated the quick service upon check-in and had a comfortable stay in our gorgeous 2-Bedroom Suite overlooking Bangkok city. I am also pleased to learn that you enjoyed sitting out in our large private balcony which Urbana Sathorn provides in every room type.

Please know that we are on the process of re-branding and are constantly improving our services and facilities to meet with every guest's satisfaction. I sincerely hope you would consider staying with us the next time you visit Bangkok and I would be more than happy to handle your booking personally. Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback, we look forward to welcoming you to Urbana Sathorn in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed at this establishment from May - September 2012. In the early days, the service and standards were generally acceptable, but the quality dissipated as time went on.

Having previously stayed at other hotels in Bangkok and found the reception and front of house staff to be extremely helpful, the response level at Frasers/Urbana Sathorn could only be described as disinterested at best.

Many of my colleagues and myself simply gave up on going to breakfast which was unimaginative and in the 4 months I was there varied little. The food was lukewarm or cold and had often been left sitting in the Bain Marie for too long so was soggy and lifeless. The only saving graces were the fresh coffee (available on request) and the Egg Chef who produced delectable fresh omelettes.

Whilst the rooms were sizeable with good balconies and had generous living areas, the décor and carpets were tired and the kitchen equipped with only the bare minimum by way of crockery and utensils. The rooms were serviced daily but the cleaning regimen was cursory.

There seem to be other hotels offering similar apartments in the general area that provide better service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DoodleBug1966
Zaki B, Group General Manager at Urbana Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear DoodleBug1966,

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your stay at Urbana Sathorn. I am delighted to hear you had a lovely stay in our guestroom with large living area and private balcony overlooking Bangkok city.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the incidents causing dissatisfaction to you and your colleagues during your stay. Over the past month, we have been receiving wonderful feedback regarding the new and improved Breakfast line and warm service at Urbana Sathorn. I am deeply concerned after hearing of such issues with the service and breakfast quality that you experienced. I would highly appreciate if you would provide me with more details regarding your stay so i may have the opportunity to solve these issues personally to prevent them from happening again.

I do hope for another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Half an hour for check-in, poor English speaking employees, no wi-fi at all (unless you pay) and they tried to charge us for things I didn't use/asked for.

Taxi divers didn't know where the hotel was, had to ask for near Marriott.

Room was great, we booked a 2 bedroom Suite with kitchen and it was tidy and good views of sorroundings.

Price was great for the room but forget about good service!

Date of stay: September 2012
Zaki B, Group General Manager at Urbana Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear hotelerista,

Thank you for choosing Urbana Sathorn for your stay.

I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the great price we offer and enjoyed your stay in our 2-Bedroom Suite with full kitchenette and paranomic views of Bangkok city.

However, I am concerned after hearing of the negative experience you had with regards to the check-in process and WIFI. Please be informed that the WIFI is complimentary for every guest staying at Urbana Sathorn from September 2012 onwards.

Kindly reach out to me directly as I would be happy to investigate on your booking and discuss these issues with you further in detail.

Your comment has been very valuable to us and please accept my apologies for the shortfall you mentioned. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards