“Urban Suites”
Review of Urbana Sathorn

Urbana Sathorn
Ranked #374 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 October 2008

Relatively new service apartment in the business district of Sathorn. just next to the fine dining Baan Kanitha and next to a futsal court. All in all, a good stay. Quite worth it for the corporate rate that we got for a 2 bedroom apartment, with breakfast and internet thrown in. Fully furnished, like a home, although the furnitures and fixtures are slightly sub-standard feel. No problems at checking in, and requesting for late checkout at 4, although we dealt directly with the sales manager rather than the reception counter.

Breakfast is not really an extensive menu, but adequate. Quite a good latte they make :) location wise, it's adequately near (15 mins in walking distance) to eating areas and the nearest bts. however in bangkok terms, this seems to be quite far as nothing is really just next door. Also the place kinda lack the homey and cosey feeling...the staffs don't really make u feel like you're at home ... maybe i'm a bit biased as i've stayed in other establishments which made me feel just right at home. :)

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank sugusmae

Reviewed 29 September 2008

My stay at Fraser Suites Sathorn was my first. First of all - I must say that I have stayed at several top-notch serviced apartments (Marriott, State Tower, Ascott, etc.) in Bangkok and while I have indeed enjoyed them all, Fraser Suites Sathorn is the absolute best! From the moment I contacted the property pre-vacation for rates and information until the moment i departed for home, the entire expreience was pleasant. Everyone I encountered treated me great! The reservation and sales staff were prompt, accommodating (had to change my initial request) and pleasant. Upon arrival, the front desk reception, bellman, valet all were friendly and eager to please. The rooms were outstanding. Spacious and functional was the call of order - with large bedrooms, bathrooms and living spaces. Beds..oh so comfortable...flat screen TV's and hi-fi system made relaxing a treat. Balconies were a real plus. Great views as well. During my visit in September I stayed on two seperate occasions that sandwiched a trip to Vietnam and each time my 2 bedroom apartment was comfortable, very large and well appointed. When housekeeping was asked to provide extra towels or a special time to service the room - the requests were met with a prompt smile. The breakfast was diverse: different offerings varied for different days and plenty sufficient to start the day. Pool and gym areas were well maintained and inviting. The location is a quick taxi or pleasant walk to Silom. I highly recomment any future visitor to Bangkok to consider this property - Book direct with the website and you will find excellent information as well as pictures that are true reflections of the property.

Well done Fraser Suites Sathorn!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank rkb777300
Reviewed 22 September 2008

I stayed in Fraser Suites for four nights in end Aug 2008. My wife and teenaged daughter were with me. The first pleasant surprise we experienced was at the Reception. The hotel upgraded us to superior apartments. I had asked for accommodation in an apartment above XX floor. Fraser Suites accommodated me at the XXIX floor.

The accommodation was a two bedroom apartment. It was maintained spick and span. What we see in the internet is what we get. The micro wave, hobs, washing machine, cutlery --everything was fine.

The room service was so unobtrusive and clean. The breakfast (on the house for all the three of us) had different menu every day and the spread was reasonably good. I requested the house keeping section for an adaptar for my lap top. Pronto! in less than five minutes, the adaptar was provided to me. Checking in and checking out took less than two minutes. Similarly I requested the front office for a limo for city tour. The request was put through late in the night (about 1100 pm). I got the limo at 9.00 in the morning in the next day as I desired, thanks to the efficiency of the front office of the property.

Every one in the property had a warm smile and genuine intention to assist you.

The location of convenient stores nearby helped me in maintaining sugar free diet.

By the second day we developed such an affinity with the apartment that we started spending more time within the apartment instead of sight seeing at Bangkok. Living at Fraser Suite Southorn was a wonderful experience, indeed.

Overall I would assign Fraser Suites the best rating and I would recommend this for my friends.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank mcs1954
Reviewed 17 September 2008

This is a good hotel and one to consider in Bangkok. It is in a great, safe business like area. Several of the top Bangkok Hotels are in the area, Sukhatoi, Banyan Tree, Metropolitan, etc. The room was very nice with excellent amenities and quite spacious. The bed was fantastic and also had a nice big bathroom. They had a beautiful swimming pool, gym and breakfast was included in my rate.

For some reason, I was a little cold about the place. Service was good but not great. Keep in mind, these are also condos where people actually live, so you might get a room across with someone, who has a barking dog. I did.

Also, I was on the 10th Floor and the traffic, even late into the night was so loud. I slept like a baby, thanks to the amazing bed.

I had a nice stay but I expected a little better from this hotel.
On a future visit to Bangkok I would select another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank BulldogMatt
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Large service apartment with decent facilities. But the service is indeed average, as others have written. And indeed, the breakfast is pretty basic, compared to what you can get in other 5 stars in BKK.

Being a Singapore-based service apartment group, I'm amused they don't have the Singapore newspapers. Slightly disappointing.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank bcheong
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Stayed here twice over a 6 week period in thailand the first for 12 nights the second for 3. The apartments have everything you need to self cater or if you just like to have more than just a bedroom. My advice is you must go for a floor above 20 and if possible at the back of the hotel, to avoid being disturbed by traffice noise all night. The upkeep and decoration of the apartments and facilitys are very good. Service in the restaurant and bar is good, but the pool area there really is no service, get your own towel, no drink service offered unless you go looking for a pool boy to ask, they spent most of the day watching the tv or listening to their i pods ( i really think the hotel need to address this) the pool area is lovely, but there are only 9 beds, so if you are planning on spending time in the sun there you need to be up and out there by 9 to ensure you get a bed. I liked the location about 20 min walk from lumphini park and the night market there and about 10 mins to patpong area. Recommend you have a drink at vertigo bar at the banyan tree hotel which is 5 mins walk away, amazing views of all of bangkok.
For £50 a night you cant really go wrong in staying here, but dont expect 5 star ser vice, I lso stayed at labua and preferred the accommodation at fraser suites, but service and facilitys better at labua.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank cuttsy
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I have stayed at the Fraser Urbana 4 times since it opened. Initially I was under the impression that it was one of the best deals going in the Sathorn area. I must say that the rooms are really hard to beat, and the maid service and room related services are all pretty good. The problem really is the exceedingly poor service at the front desk and the appalling food service, in particular the breakfast. The breakfast here is really poor, on par with perhaps a Khao San road guest house, which is really confusing, considering the quality of the accommodation and the ambiance of the restaurant itself, not to mention the prices that they are charging for the rooms! Front desk staff and management, although numerous, have a rather uncooperative attitude, and seem to not wish to go that little extra distance which distinguishes a quality establishment from a mediocre one. Examples are having to wait while being checked out while the staff member is flirting with someone on the phone directly across the desk from you for 10 minutes... this is after she is in the process of checking you out. On checking in, after waiting 15 minutes while the 3 staff members somehow figure out how to check us in without having any other guests except ourselves to attend to, we are handed our key without a word of direction as to where we might find our room or perhaps an "Enjoy your stay". Asking on checkin if we could pay a reasonable fee to check out 2 hours late so that our 2 year old daughter could finish her nap before we caught our flight was countered with a request to wait 4 days for a managers approval on the day before we were to check out, although we were assured that there was plenty of available room so it shouldn't be a problem. When that day came we were told that we would need to pay 100 USD to stay the extra 2 hours. Nonetheless, the rooms are great, and if you avoid the front desk staff and the restaurant, you will have a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family