“Great location, comfortable stay”

Hotel Vista Express
Ranked #308 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at Hotel Vista Express for 4 nights during my trip to Bangkok. I had booked a stay here at least 2 months in advance as it gets fully booked pretty quickly.

The thing I like most about this stay was the location. It was the most convenient location in my opinion as it was in the middle of Pratunam market and walkable distance to Platinum Mall. That statement was backed up by my other friends who stayed at other hotels in Pratunam previously. The rooms initially had a stench but it was gone once you turned on the air conditioning and spray some perfume. My room was a little dim at night as one of the main lights are not working. It wasn't much of an issue as I spent the nights just washing up and going to bed. It was worth the affordable price that I paid for.

The staffs can speak good basic English and was very helpful in giving us directions or calling a metered taxi. If you're coming from the airport, do let the taxi driver know to alight you at Shibuya 19 and you can just walk in Petchburi 19 for about 3 minutes and the hotel is on your right, in a building called 'Four Seasons Mall'. Just look out for its little signage!

I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again the next time (:

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Faizah F

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Can you put each room a arrow direction pointed to south (kiblah) because as a muslim who stayed in this hotel will know to face at the time of prayer(salat),so that we know and not to confused,pls put it and god blessed

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My second time staying at this hotel. Fast check-in and check-out.

Great location for ladies who know exactly what they want to do in Bangkok as this is located right at the busiest whoesale shopping area. You can wake up early and start shopping, go back to hotel to offload your stuff and continue to shop again till the shops closes in the evening. Then, you may choose to visit the massage parlours nearby and food is in abundance around this area.

This place may not be easy to locate for first timers but take a screenshot of the address in thai of google map and it will save you lots of trouble on navigation starting from the airport to asking locals when you are lost.

Rooms are spacious with King Size bed and I love their rain shower. Reminder to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste as they do not provide this. However, you can get anything and everything from 7-11 nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Location wise was great for shopping spree traveler. However I would suggest hotel booking to put direction like hotel vista express could be found in building four season international as during our search we wrongly directed to false alley. Receptionist was very helpful with understandable English speaking. Room was tidy but missing some lighting as I consider the room as pretty dark, could score more if I wasn't disappointed with the lighting.
Nevertheless, I would consider to go back if I ever travel Bangkok again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is located just too near the infamous Platinum Wholesale mall. Great service from the doorstep right through check in until check out on our last day of stay. The staffs are very helpful and have great english proficiency. There are local stalls right outside of the hotel which we will not need worry about finding food or thirst quenches. The room is beyond expectation; new and clean and spacious, very comfortable especially returning from the hot weather and overload shopping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lim M
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Firstly..the taxi would try to act they know the streets and con your money
2ndly they try to dump u when they can't find the exact place
Always try to get them to use metering
The hotel rooms is too dim. No white lights only lamp it's horrible..
The roads are smelly. This hotel is gd for wholesale shoppers only..the wifi is ok only in the daytime.after 8pm the wifi is not gd anymore

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jerel T
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Below are my honest and non-bias review of the hotel that I have stayed twice.
Both time I stayed in this hotel, I faced different problems:-

First time
- we requested for rooms side by side with my parents but was given only the same floor.
- my parents room does not have a strong signal of wifi in their rooms, constantly disconnected.
- the water heater in my parents room is not working.
- my parents rooms are significantly much smaller.

however, in my room, everything worked perfectly fine.

Second time
- we requested for extra pillow in room --- not given until we told the lobby staff again
- keycard has problem.
- no face towel after housekeeping came to pack. - after we reminded the staff, they immediately put in our rooms.

However, I will still continue to stay in this hotel as it is value for price and the location is really good (5minute walk to Platinum mall and wholesale shopping below hotel). It is a little gem in the crowded Pratunum. The staffs are really nice + helpful (you can ask them the estimate rates from area to area via taxi, so that you will know how much to pay) but might be a little slow paced, hence constant small reminders may be required.

Most importantly, rooms are nice and clean. Free Wifi and daily replenish of water!

Hopefully the 3rd time, I stay in Hotel Vista Express, there will be improvement to the small details. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family