“Solo - Soi1”
Review of Soi 1 Guesthouse

Soi 1 Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Soi 1 Guesthouse
Ranked #691 of 1,188 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Solo - Soi1”
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Best hostel to stay at in Bangkok if you're a solo traveller.. they're incredibly helpful with getting to them, from them, going out, kept really clean, great location (not near Ko San Road but a meter cab is about 80 - 100 baht - fine if you're splitting with others).. during the day can take the river boat.. Will definitely be going back. definitely read their website before going...

Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank KerrynD
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Solo traveler? No Ideal at all about Bangkok but how to spell it? Don't like being ripped off and abused...You'll like us!!
That is all.
Soi1david

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 6 February 2010

This place is incredible to discover Bangkok. Far from the historic center but close to the modern art of the city (and its different public transportation).
The owner is better than any travel guide and gives you accurate and first hand hints about the country. Moreover, its got several services really handy for backpackers: free wifi, laundry, free package storing !
At last, you met really crazy people there ! Just the best place to stay in Bangkok !

Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank FelipeBk
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
We are a Backpackers, A proper Hostel. Being long time travelers ourselves we know and appreciate what you need. and beyond what you need all the rest is just $moke and mirror$.
If you need a 'Boutique" place, go there.
If you want proper Hostel, come here.
"Seize the world before it seizes you!" that's our motto.
Enjoy!
Soi1david
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I stayed at Soi 1 on my first trip to Thailand. I can't say the place was too terribly memorable but it definitely got the job done; very easy to get to via cab from the airport and close to the BTS.

I was very pleased with the management though; I awoke one night at 3 AM to find the drunk Australian kid above me puking onto my luggage. Needless to say I was displeased but upon informing the management they provided me with my own room for no extra cost and with basically no questions asked.

Also be aware the restaurant is apparently only open during the high season, and take the five minutes to walk to the main Sukhumvit area to grab a taxi; the guys who hang around out front are horrible and will gouge you like crazy.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Riptor3000
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
LOL, I remember that night. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi. Poor lad he was so embarrassed.
Sure mate we moved you easy and the others that were in the room , I was just lucky that we had other rooms open to move you to.
You took it well by the way..that's a story you'll have forever...
Another day in paradise!!
Thanks for your review
soi1david
Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I got into some strife outside of the Hostel, They went out of thier way to help me. I'm certainally glad they did.
A bed is a bed, This place is more.
JF

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank sejosh
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
If you deep Google Soi1guesthouse and look at reviews you'll find a few that Call me a legend. Now I'm not completely comfortable about it as most legends are dead and hopefully I have a bit of time to go yet. But this particular fellow DID get into some heavy trouble that saw him in a Bangkok jail to which I was summoned. long story short...After negotiating a fine I finally got him home. There's not much worse than being in a Bangkok jail house. Needless to say He loves me and to him I will always be legendary. LOL he had pink hair in his passport photo that should'a been my first warning..
I love my job......
soi1david
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 August 2008

A friendly and well run hostel, ideally located and with all the required facilities for any traveller and visitor to Bangkok. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful, giving advice to newcomers to Bangkok and Thailand on the do's and don'ts, where to go and what to see. I visited Bangkok for a weekend on my own and by the end had made lots of new friends and contacts from all around the world. Highly recommended and a must stay for those on a budget in Bangkok!

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mnicol10
montreal
Reviewed 24 November 2007

was really nice to get to a nice clean freindly place after a long trip, would deffinitly go back.was in a great location, staff soo freindly and helpful , no negatives.would recomend to anyone who is planing on staying at a hostel in bangkok.

• Liked — really great atmosphere
  • Disliked — really cant think of anything
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank asskicker