“Very good hostel with excellent staff in good location”
Review of Soi 1 Guesthouse

Soi 1 Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Soi 1 Guesthouse
Ranked #693 of 1,192 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
uk
“Very good hostel with excellent staff in good location”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

stayed here for two nights, free wifi, good location, staff helped with any questions and gave great help and advice for getting around to places. Good showers. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Another Well respected review, with 22 reviews posted and 49 helpful votes, It carries a bit more weight that only comes from experience.
Thanks for mentioning our good location, free wifi, Good showers. helpful staff and our giving great help and advice with any questions for getting around to places.
It makes us feel good.
Cheers,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangkok,Thailand
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Best Hostel in Bangkok. 24 hr entry, safe, guest-friendly, Good to meet other travelers, Party experts

Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Perth
Reviewed 29 March 2010

You will not have experianced bangkok until you have stayed here.

Hands down the ONLY place to stay while in Bangkok.
David (american guy) runs this guesthiuse with his wife, Nai. UBER clean, you get TOWELS, bed linen, a BLANKET, all rooms have air con and the service is just amazing.

Location is fantastic, just a 200B taxie ride from the airport drops you at this guesthouse. And from there you are 200m from the train station which will get you most places, and 300m from the canal boats whcih will get you everywhere else.

David is a great host, full of knowledge and travel advice. He can help book things and recommend the sights and visits that many other places would not. HE DOES NOT GET COMMISSION FROM TRAVEL COMPANIES so you can be assured the advice is genuine.

The atmosphere is SOCIAL. the rooms are basic to encourage people to congregate in the living are and mix and socialise. If you are there on a friday or saturday night he will most likely organise a pub crawl through BAngkok.. a must experiance even if you only can handle an hr.

This place is fully recommended and SAFE. I would happily pay 4 times what he charges. There is no other place worth looking at to stay at. This is it. And if you dont believe, check out all its other great reviews and its facebook group "I stayed at Soi 1 guesthouse".

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elyece
We love you too !!
I liked this part..

"He can help book things and recommend the sights and visits that many other places would not. HE DOES NOT GET COMMISSION FROM TRAVEL COMPANIES so you can be assured the advice is genuine."
If we were like most other accommodation then we would only tell you about the things that we would get a commission on, which would limit your knowledge and enjoyment. We don't work like that and don't want to. You will know it's true as we only tell YOU how to arrange the bookings and prefer you do so yourself. Not only does it save you money ( no middleman) but it also empowers you when you realize what you CAN do it. We just tell you in detail how.
Oh and our pub crawls ... they are free. though I gotta tell ya Many of my guest say I should charge for them, that they would of gladly paid.( there are not many places left that have such and interesting pub/club scene than Bangkok and I know the best here- voice of experience!!)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Best hostel to stay at in Bangkok if you're a solo traveller.. they're incredibly helpful with getting to them, from them, going out, kept really clean, great location (not near Ko San Road but a meter cab is about 80 - 100 baht - fine if you're splitting with others).. during the day can take the river boat.. Will definitely be going back. definitely read their website before going...

Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank KerrynD
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Solo traveler? No Ideal at all about Bangkok but how to spell it? Don't like being ripped off and abused...You'll like us!!
That is all.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 6 February 2010

This place is incredible to discover Bangkok. Far from the historic center but close to the modern art of the city (and its different public transportation).
The owner is better than any travel guide and gives you accurate and first hand hints about the country. Moreover, its got several services really handy for backpackers: free wifi, laundry, free package storing !
At last, you met really crazy people there ! Just the best place to stay in Bangkok !

Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank FelipeBk
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
We are a Backpackers, A proper Hostel. Being long time travelers ourselves we know and appreciate what you need. and beyond what you need all the rest is just $moke and mirror$.
If you need a 'Boutique" place, go there.
If you want proper Hostel, come here.
"Seize the world before it seizes you!" that's our motto.
Enjoy!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I stayed at Soi 1 on my first trip to Thailand. I can't say the place was too terribly memorable but it definitely got the job done; very easy to get to via cab from the airport and close to the BTS.

I was very pleased with the management though; I awoke one night at 3 AM to find the drunk Australian kid above me puking onto my luggage. Needless to say I was displeased but upon informing the management they provided me with my own room for no extra cost and with basically no questions asked.

Also be aware the restaurant is apparently only open during the high season, and take the five minutes to walk to the main Sukhumvit area to grab a taxi; the guys who hang around out front are horrible and will gouge you like crazy.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Riptor3000
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
LOL, I remember that night. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi. Poor lad he was so embarrassed.
Sure mate we moved you easy and the others that were in the room , I was just lucky that we had other rooms open to move you to.
You took it well by the way..that's a story you'll have forever...
Another day in paradise!!
Thanks for your review
Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I got into some strife outside of the Hostel, They went out of thier way to help me. I'm certainally glad they did.
A bed is a bed, This place is more.
JF

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank sejosh
Soi1David, Owner at Soi 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
If you deep Google Soi1guesthouse and look at reviews you'll find a few that Call me a legend. Now I'm not completely comfortable about it as most legends are dead and hopefully I have a bit of time to go yet. But this particular fellow DID get into some heavy trouble that saw him in a Bangkok jail to which I was summoned. long story short...After negotiating a fine I finally got him home. There's not much worse than being in a Bangkok jail house. Needless to say He loves me and to him I will always be legendary. LOL he had pink hair in his passport photo that should'a been my first warning..
I love my job......