Great hotel in the perfect location. There are only a few hotels in this river-front area of Bangkok. I have been to all of them. They all have trade-offs, but you can't go wrong with this choice.
1. This hotel is perfectly located on the river just a few blocks from Wat Pho, the amulet market, the Grand Palace, and the Pak Klong Market. (All are must-see places. Be sure to visit the Pak Klong Market at night when the fresh flowers are delivered. Amazing!)
2. The breakfast is really good, especially since you can sit by the river and enjoy the early morning breeze before it gets hotter later in the day.
3. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
4. It is very quiet at night once the longtail river boats head home.
1. Very few of the rooms have a good view of the river. Most views are partially blocked or are a side view.
2. There are not too many choices for dinner in the area. Most of the nearby restaurants are only open for lunch. I recommend The Deck a few blocks upriver at the Arun Residence Hotel.
Overall, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bangkok's riverside boutique hotel on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Located in "Rattanakosin Island " the historical-cultural reserved area in the middle of Bangkok. Few minutes walk to the Reclining Buddha Temple (Wat Pho), Watpo Thai traditional massage school, and the Grand Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aurum The River Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurum The River Place Hotel Bangkok
- Aurum The River Place Bangkok