I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Location wise, it's slap bang next to the Grand Palace and Wat Poh, a two minute walk to the public ferry to Wat Arun, and Koh San Street is easily walkable, or if you don't want to walk, a short tuk tuk or taxi ride away. The flower market is very close, but really taxis are so cheap in Bangkok (if you insist that the meter is switched on) that virtually anywhere is accessible.
The hotel gives out a list of recommended local restaurants - I ate at one of them - very good.
The breakfasting arrangements at the hotel are a little quirky, with guests eating the the neighbouring coffee shop, but the food was freshly prepared, hot and tasty and the service also good. Rooms are very quiet, spotlessly clean and comfortable.
The staff were unfailingly helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bangkok's riverside boutique hotel on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Located in "Rattanakosin Island " the historical-cultural reserved area in the middle of Bangkok. Few minutes walk to the Reclining Buddha Temple (Wat Pho), Watpo Thai traditional massage school, and the Grand Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aurum The River Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurum The River Place Hotel Bangkok
- Aurum The River Place Bangkok