I could not believe how close we were to the Reclining Buda, Palace, Wat Arun, and right next to the river. The owner who went to the university in San Diego showed us the real meaning of the word "hospitality" She gave us advice on where to eat. Close and very very cheap. Also, she set up a river boat tour for two hours that was fantastic and hailed cabs for us to go to dinner. The rooms were very clean, newly furnished, quiet and off the main traffic pattern. She also gave us cards for the taxis with a map on getting back to the hotel.
If you want a great location for a little time in Bangkok, this is the place to stay!!! She also received another award from TA while we were there and was really excited although not being totally familiar with TA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bangkok's riverside boutique hotel on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Located in "Rattanakosin Island " the historical-cultural reserved area in the middle of Bangkok. Few minutes walk to the Reclining Buddha Temple (Wat Pho), Watpo Thai traditional massage school, and the Grand Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aurum The River Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurum The River Place Hotel Bangkok
- Aurum The River Place Bangkok