Aurum the River Place is a lovely hotel in an interesting part of Bangkok. We have stayed in Bangkok many times in different locations and were keen to have a riverside experience. We chose a room with a side river view ( booking directly with the hotel) and it did not disappoint. We enjoyed watching the activity on the river at different times during the day. The room itself was well appointed and attractively decorated as was the hotel lobby and lounge area. Breakfast was served in the adjacent riverside cafe and we enjoyed the Thai breakfast option every day. It was good to be nearby some key sites such as Wat Po, Wat Arun and the Grand Palace and also to be in such a traditional part of Bangkok - so interesting to walk around the area and watch daily life including the flower, fruit and vegetable market on the way to Pier 6. It was easy to use the river transport to access other parts of Bangkok (initially with the help of the helpful hotel staff), connecting with the Sky Train etc and also fun to enjoy the view from the boat. We left Bangkok by train and the hotel was close by Hua Lamphong train station. Highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bangkok's riverside boutique hotel on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Located in "Rattanakosin Island " the historical-cultural reserved area in the middle of Bangkok. Few minutes walk to the Reclining Buddha Temple (Wat Pho), Watpo Thai traditional massage school, and the Grand Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Aurum The River Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurum The River Place Hotel Bangkok
- Aurum The River Place Bangkok