“This was worth it!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #48 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was really happy with the loation. Short walk to the monorail, local food near by, shopping is pretty close as well. The room was really good and the price was right. This is what you would expect from a courtyard marrirot. The Spa was very good and there was a nice pool too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been a Marriott Rewards member since very early. Frequently when I check in a desk person looks at my number and says "wow, you must have been one of the first". And I was. I even bought a Marriott time share (still own it although Marriott bailed out on that business).

Anyway, at this hotel I have just been treated so poorly that for the very first time I would like to rip a Marriott property. It has to do with the laundry service and a few other things but the laundry needs addressing right away. In fact it is not really the laundry but the fact that the laundry service would blatantly lie about the situation and I would not be given access to the liar nor would the GM meet me to discuss it. I am left with an absolutely ruined pair of Tommy Bahama slacks.

This morning I gave their service the slacks. These had been worn during our trip to Singapore and Koh Samui before arriving here. I had worn them only to nice restaurants. They were not dirty per se but simply had suffered the sweat that everyone endures if they spend any time outside in this area of the world.

When the slacks were returned it looked as if a truck had run over the backside and then someone had ironed the dirt in. I of course complained and this is where it gets ridiculous. The person that assigned to me, a decent young man but clearly one with zero authority, said that when he spoke to the laundry people they said that they showed it to me BEFORE the cleaned it and that I said to go ahead with it. Given that we left the hotel ten minutes after giving it to them and then spent the day away from the hotel, arriving back around 5:00, it is impossible for them to have showed them to me.

On my mother's honorable grave those slacks, when first I gave them to the laundry, looked nothing like the way they were returned to me. And I was not offered a dime in recourse, not a dime.

Clearly I must be trying to scam these people into giving me a new pair of pants, right, or a free room or whatever. Otherwise why would such a long standing Marriott loyalist go to the trouble as to go through such a charade? So not only do they ruin my slacks but then they impugn my integrity in the process. Unbelievable.

Sadly they get decent remarks from others so my review will not hurt them but do yourselves a favor and neither trust them nor use their laundry service.

Room Tip: I wouldn't
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is definitely a step up from the Courtyards I've stayed at in America. I was only there for one full day so I didn't see much of the area, but the hotel is down a small side street, so it's quiet. The neighborhood seemed safe and it looked like there were some things to see within walking distance.

The hotel decor was simple but modern and very clean. Service at the desk and concierge was great. The lounge was impressive - it serves breakfast in the morning and snacks all day. The view was great and it offered indoor and outdoor seating. Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs offered many more options, though. The pool and gym also looked clean and modern. The floor I stayed on was incredibly quiet and I barely heard anyone, even though the rooms next to me where occupied.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this Courtyard and would consider staying there again. Don't overlook it just because of experiences you may have had in America.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I've stayed in Marriotts all over the world and a few Courtyard's too. I am constantly amazed at how nice Courtyard's are in other parts of the world such as Stockholm and now Bangkok. We chose this hotel after staying in a heritage bed and breakfast in Old Town as we wanted to shop for a few days. We paid about $170 and were rewarded with a high floor with a great view and a very modern but efficient room. Two walls were made almost completely with glass, but the room was completely insulated from any sound. The location for shopping cannot be beat as there are several malls within walking distance and the sky train is 2 blocks away right near the Erawan shrine. There is a pool and gym plus a mini market and cafe, none of which we tried. We were very happy with the hotel as it was a great price for the neighborhood.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went to Bangkok with a friend for a 4-day, 3-night holiday about fours years ago (September 2010), and we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bangkok. When we arrived we were told our room weren't ready, but we could have another room. The only thing was it's a king size bed - we had to share. While we booked a double bed room. We didn't want to wait a few hours so, we took the new room.

It was clean, spacious. We could see the pool below us which was fine by me. The potter was warm and friendly and helpful. We asked for a few things for the room and it was promptly delivered. I have never stayed at a Marriott hotel before, so this level of swift and friendly service left a good first impression on me.

We had a little trouble with the bathroom. There was a window facing the bedroom. In other words, no privacy. There were blinds, but the blinds don't come all the way down. You could see a little part of the body (right below the body). Well, that was a problem. So our solution was to cover that window opening with one of the bath robes. Maybe hotels should take note of that. It may cost effective to design such a bathroom, but some guests still prefer privacy.

Breakfast at the MOMO Cafe was always good and packed with people. Finding a quieter place to sit and enjoy breakfast was sometimes a challenge. The staff tries very hard to compensate the lack of a more pleasant environment with good, attentive service.

We did get a chance to use the gym and pool. Both venues were clean and organized at all times. I love the fact I could swim laps at the pool - the right depth and length. Not some odd shaped pool.

The hotel promptly arrange taxis for us whenever we need to get around the city, and back to the airport on our last day. The staff always greeted us with a broad smile, service was attentive but not intrusive. They try their best to speak English to us and explain any of our queries.

I would recommend the Courtyard to friends who wish to stay in a reasonably priced hotel in Bangkok city. The location is safe and convenient. We got around by foot most of the time. There are also plenty of restaurants to choose for those who like local cuisine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeanCNg
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had been traveling for hours, almost days. And just needed a bed, a hot shower and some real food that I didn't have to eat off of a tray connected to the seat in front of me. I got all of that, plus great service when I got to the Marriott. My husband had already arrived and booked the room. I arrived in Bangkok at 1am, having travelled from NYC nonstop. The hotel was easy to get to. Everyone was very nice. I took a nice long hot shower, and didn't even have to leave the room to get a bite to eat - room service 24 hours. Pad Thai with Tiger Prawns and spring rolls - I didn't realize there would be that many. But that didn't matter, the food was delicious! I'd stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dcbolden
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We came The first day of our trip to the courtyard and were too early. The people at Marriott were trying the best They could to make our pre check out time comfortable.Next to this They were providing us with great tips and always had a smile om their face. It was The best place we stayed at in Thailand :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple