“Excellent Location”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #48 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very nice hotel and very reasonably priced. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable and breakfast was very good. The staff were also very friendly and full of advice for us first timers in Bangkok! Excellent location within a 10 min walk to the main shopping area. Sky train station is also very close and a great way to get around Bangkok. Would definitely stay here again and will be recommending to anyone I know visiting this wonderful city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gjam82

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We came from BKK airport to the hotel using Sky Train. It was a piece of cake - fast and inexpensive. Admittedly, we had to walk (with our carry on luggage on wheels) about 1/4 mile - no problem! The hotel was beyond our expectations, especially at that price. It was modern and well kept. The room and bathroom were clean, efficient and comfortable. There was no bath tub (some guests complained about that) but we seldom use it at home and never when traveling. Instead, the shower enclosure was very spacious, which we liked, and the water pressure was just great.
Breakfast buffet had expansive selection of dishes and the best coffee we had in a long time. I wish they had daily dinner buffet too.

Room Tip: Corner rooms at higher levels give you great view of Bangkok skyline.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for at least 5 years. It is in a very quiet location in Bangkok, but still close to the shopping areas, Siam, and Ratjdamri Sky Train station. An easy walk to Erawan and I have walked to Siam from there as well. The hotel has reasonable amenities and the staff have always been friendly and helpful to me. The Momo Cafe breakfast is excellent. This last time I stayed with club floor access, obtained through a free upgrade and enjoyed the amenities provided. In my opinion, this is a reasonably priced hotel for the class of service and amenities.

Room Tip: Consider the club floor rooms. Breakfast, internet, and other amenities make this pretty good value...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank asiaboundMinneapolis
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was really happy with the loation. Short walk to the monorail, local food near by, shopping is pretty close as well. The room was really good and the price was right. This is what you would expect from a courtyard marrirot. The Spa was very good and there was a nice pool too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been a Marriott Rewards member since very early. Frequently when I check in a desk person looks at my number and says "wow, you must have been one of the first". And I was. I even bought a Marriott time share (still own it although Marriott bailed out on that business).

Anyway, at this hotel I have just been treated so poorly that for the very first time I would like to rip a Marriott property. It has to do with the laundry service and a few other things but the laundry needs addressing right away. In fact it is not really the laundry but the fact that the laundry service would blatantly lie about the situation and I would not be given access to the liar nor would the GM meet me to discuss it. I am left with an absolutely ruined pair of Tommy Bahama slacks.

This morning I gave their service the slacks. These had been worn during our trip to Singapore and Koh Samui before arriving here. I had worn them only to nice restaurants. They were not dirty per se but simply had suffered the sweat that everyone endures if they spend any time outside in this area of the world.

When the slacks were returned it looked as if a truck had run over the backside and then someone had ironed the dirt in. I of course complained and this is where it gets ridiculous. The person that assigned to me, a decent young man but clearly one with zero authority, said that when he spoke to the laundry people they said that they showed it to me BEFORE the cleaned it and that I said to go ahead with it. Given that we left the hotel ten minutes after giving it to them and then spent the day away from the hotel, arriving back around 5:00, it is impossible for them to have showed them to me.

On my mother's honorable grave those slacks, when first I gave them to the laundry, looked nothing like the way they were returned to me. And I was not offered a dime in recourse, not a dime.

Clearly I must be trying to scam these people into giving me a new pair of pants, right, or a free room or whatever. Otherwise why would such a long standing Marriott loyalist go to the trouble as to go through such a charade? So not only do they ruin my slacks but then they impugn my integrity in the process. Unbelievable.

Sadly they get decent remarks from others so my review will not hurt them but do yourselves a favor and neither trust them nor use their laundry service.

Room Tip: I wouldn't
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is definitely a step up from the Courtyards I've stayed at in America. I was only there for one full day so I didn't see much of the area, but the hotel is down a small side street, so it's quiet. The neighborhood seemed safe and it looked like there were some things to see within walking distance.

The hotel decor was simple but modern and very clean. Service at the desk and concierge was great. The lounge was impressive - it serves breakfast in the morning and snacks all day. The view was great and it offered indoor and outdoor seating. Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs offered many more options, though. The pool and gym also looked clean and modern. The floor I stayed on was incredibly quiet and I barely heard anyone, even though the rooms next to me where occupied.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this Courtyard and would consider staying there again. Don't overlook it just because of experiences you may have had in America.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I've stayed in Marriotts all over the world and a few Courtyard's too. I am constantly amazed at how nice Courtyard's are in other parts of the world such as Stockholm and now Bangkok. We chose this hotel after staying in a heritage bed and breakfast in Old Town as we wanted to shop for a few days. We paid about $170 and were rewarded with a high floor with a great view and a very modern but efficient room. Two walls were made almost completely with glass, but the room was completely insulated from any sound. The location for shopping cannot be beat as there are several malls within walking distance and the sky train is 2 blocks away right near the Erawan shrine. There is a pool and gym plus a mini market and cafe, none of which we tried. We were very happy with the hotel as it was a great price for the neighborhood.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family