“One of the best Marriotts in the world, Courtyard or otherwise”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #51 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best Marriotts in the world, Courtyard or otherwise”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here with family on visit to Thailand. Chose this hotel because it was a noticeably cheaper than other hotels in the area, but it was next to a few posh hotels. I assumed it was in a good area (which it is) because it was next to the Four Seasons.

Huge, clean, modern room, great staff, and surprisingly great restaurant. Would be happy to return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Sanne E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Travelalot20,

Thank you very much for choosing our Courtyard for your stay and we are very glad that you enjoyed your experience with us as well as our extreme good location in the heart of Bangkok.
Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Sanne Emborg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Was very pleased with my stay there for 5 nights. Wonderful breakfast buffet and staff services. Booked my tours ahead of time and was glad I did. They mostly recommended a private tour service which is more expensive. Great location, and also close to local restaurants with good food and local prices. This is not your average Courtyard but more like a full service Marriott. Highly recommend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Jann1953,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel - we appreciate you sharing your positive view of our hotel location and our services.

Looking forward to welcome you back next time in Bangkok.

KInd regards,

Sanne Emborg
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Decent value for money , clean , comfortable and economical. The BTS station is a 5 min walk , airport takes an hour. All the major shopping malls are less than 20 mins away. The momo cafe serves a good spread , however if you are vegetarian you might have a bit of a challenge in terms of choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My friends and I enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Bangkok. The value and the location of the hotel really stands out. The BTS station (sky train) and shopping malls CentalWorld/Siam Paragon/MBK Center are within walking distance. For Muay Thai boxing enthusiasts, Lumpinee Boxing Stadium is located nearby. We had the daily breakfast buffet at MoMo's Cafe included in our rate and it was delicious. Also, we even took in a private Thai Massage at the spa. The concierge is very nice and helpful in advising tourist spots/restaurants and arranging taxi services. Water bottles are provided daily during your stay. I'll definitely consider staying here again while visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NasserMo
Irvine, California
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I realize after being in several hotels in Bangkok that you are going to get a better value/more for the dollar than a comparable hotel in the USA. Having said this, this hotel seems like a four to four and a half star hotel here, but in Bangkok, I think its the going rate. I'd describe the hotel as an upscale-business-travelers hotel.
Everything's in order, and tastefully if restrained in its business type of elegance, if at times it is boring because of the franchise professional look it has. There are lots of friendly, helpful staff to help you with every need. The gym is huge and well equipped to handle many people with various workout stations. The executive lounge is really nice for those who have the elite status for free drinks and snacks, and lounge to peer over the city from the 15th floor.
In my opinion, here are the two weaknesses I observed: First, the location, although in a clean, and safe locale, near the embassy, its a bit of a walk to the Skytrain MLK station, and can be difficult for the taxi to find (if you don't have a hotel card handy that's written in Thai). Second, the food quality at the restaurant I'd say is a bit heavy handed on salt, and not as good as you would expect it to be from such a hotel. Furthermore, with the price, I was wanting to eat out rather than at the hotel. I had far better food in a local restaurant just on the outskirts of Bangkok in a far less lavish eatery.
All in all, I'd stay there again, but avoid the food and make due if I need to go to and fro from the hotel with a comfortable pair of sneakers or shoes.

Room Tip: higher the better for view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights. It's close to chitlom and walking distance to siam paragon. Pad thai at this hotel is great! The gym is big and the room is spacious and staff are friendly and speak good English.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
American Expat
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This Courtyard Marriott got everything right for me during my 4 night stay. Check-in was fast and easy, and the room, a Deluxe King, was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The best plus was the universal electric outlet by the desk, and the only drawback was that there was no bathtub.

The gym was very nice and well-kept. With 4 elliptical trainers and 4 treadmills even when it was busy I didn't have to wait for a machine, and the pool is great for lap swimming. I had breakfast every morning at the hotel, and they had the usual international breakfast buffet spread, which was fine. I also had the dinner buffet on Friday, and even as a vegetarian I found plenty to eat and was impressed. I never ordered room service but I did note they had a 24 hr menu, which was nice to know. There is a small convenience store on the ground level with soft drinks and sunscreen etc, but it is not regularly staffed so you have to find someone to open the store, but that was never too difficult for me.

I used the spa and had the 120-min herbal treatment. The prices were reasonable, and the girl who gave my massage was very professional. I wanted to go back for a second treatment but didn't have enough time. However, the spa is a bit hard to find because you have to go outside and walk by the pool, and when you arrive it is just a few rooms with massage tables without a reception foyer. If the hotel would give the spa a facelift it would probably generate more revenue.

The location of the hotel puts it about 3-4 blocks from the Chit Lom BTS which was very convenient for getting out of that part of the city, and it was an easy walk to Paragon and Siam Center for major shopping. Be sure to hit Siam Center for Thai designers, I was very impressed by their bold designs and bought several pieces. As a woman traveling alone I always felt safe walking around the hotel's neighborhood, and it is easy for the concierge to call you a taxi if you want to get to the Grand Palace area. That trip was about 120 baht on the meter, but once a taxi driver didn't use the meter and insisted I pay 200 baht which was still not much money, but do consider this as a rule of thumb.

The hotel staff was very friendly at every interaction during my stay, and above any other reasons, that is why when I return to Bangkok I will choose this hotel again. They have an amazing staff that will help foreigners get comfortable and easily navigate the city.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and heard no noise disturbance.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo