“Meeting expectations”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #48 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended a 3-day training at Courtyard Marriott recently. The facilities were excellent. Good and friendly staff support. Rooms and lobby meticulously clean and comfortable. Location of the hotel is great; walking distance to shopping, restaurants, massage, pubs, etc., but a bit difficult to access by car and not much parking availailabl.

Hotel provided outstanding coffee break snacks and continuous flow of good coffee, juice and soft drinks. My only slight disappointment was with the lunch buffet, which was less extensive and somewhat lower quality than that provided by similar hotels around Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Raintree_Thailand
GMCourtyardBangkok, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Raintree_Thailand

We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable.

We have noted your comments in regards to our Lunch Buffet, and will share your comments with our team for us to continue to improve our services.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was not aware of the quality of this hotel, I booked it based on a recommendation as it was close to the convention center, yet I expected a medium quality hotel for the price paid.
I found a very comfortable hotel, very speedy and friendly service, as well as reasonable prices of food and beverage, they even have a convinience store in the lobby

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ehab_Heikal

Dear Ehab210,

We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable, and you feel you got more than you paid for.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.
We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, and spent our New Years Eve celebration here. What a memorable time in our life...Location is fantastic as all the main Bangkok festivities were walking distance, and what a celebration at midnight! One of the best things we have done. Close is also shopping, transportation. Our room was beautiful, was on a high floor with big city lights view, and it really gave us that oriental feel - exotic. We loved this hotel. Staff is friendly, hotel is clean, bedding is luxurious, location fantastic. From here, we explored the city on foot or a short bike taxi away for example to the river where you can catch a boat and take a cruise ( for very little money), one of the best experiences we had in Bangkok. Great hotel - great memories !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Monica M

Dear Monica M,

Thank you for your very positive review and recommendation of our Hotel and Services. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your New Years Eve celebration with us here in Bangkok.
Hopefully you are looking at joining us again moving from 2014 into 2015.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Don't get me wrong; the hotel is very nice: great staff, excellent room and amenities, restaurant with good food selection and reasonable prices, great breakfast buffet, and within easy walking distance of several malls and the metro.
My only problem was a slippery shower floor that, within seconds, left me momentarily unconscious on the floor with a head laceration that required 8 stitches. The head of security accompanied me to the hospital and two lovely young woman in the next room helped me with towels and emotional support. My bill was covered by insurance so it cost them only a taxi ride. I'm not aged or infirm and I've never slipped in a bathtub or shower; I didn't want money; all I asked was that they fix the problem by putting a rougher surface on the shower floor or putting bathmats in the shower. Doesn't that sound like an appropriate and responsible way to deal wth the problem?
Unfortunately, the very nice manager told me that they didn't want to avoid drawing attention to the problem and that it would be easier for Marriott if someone sued them ("we have insurance") rather than fixing the floors. So the solution for now it to have more mats available upon request at the front desk. Would I have requested a mat when I arrived? No, I wouldn't have thought of it. But please do. And if you think, as I did, that the shower floor is too slippery, add your voice to mine and tell them to fix it before someone has a worse injury than I did.
It's sad to think that a lawsuit might be the only way to make these showers safe. I've stayed at several hotels since and never seen a floor that slippery without a bathmat at the ready.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath mat or a non-slip shower surface. Bangkok is no fun with stitches and a severe headac...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DelhiExpat1

Dear DelhiExpat1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue.
We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within in our Team.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Entered the lobby it's clear that you are in a right place specially with family. Staff are helpful and friendly. Very convenient to locate just near train station and 10 minutes sky walk to shopping malls.Will definitely recommend and return.
Food was superb.My son love the pool & breakfast.Wish to come back again.
Facebook:Twinkle narinder singh
New delhi
India

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMCourtyardBangkok, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Smaranjeet S,

Thank you very much for your positive review of your experience staying with us. We are truly happy that you and your family in particular your son enjoyed being with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Bangkok and the Courtyard Family!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am Marriott elite member and I have to said the best part of this hotel is people ,from security,room attendant and at your service ,everyone is trying there best to service you,I just stay here for one night,still got upgrade me to Connor room and offer me late check out ,the room is huge and clean ,we order room service and it ready In 30 minute and very tasty ,this hotel locate at central Bangkok and surr
ounding by high end
comdominium so it very quiet, with only 80usd per night ,I didnt think there will be any better option in the central ,highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Patrwan
GMCourtyardBangkok, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Patrwan,

Thank you very much for your positive review of your experience with us. We truly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel, our personal service and food.

And as one of our most loyal Marriott Guests we are looking very much forward to welcome you back next time you are in Bangkok.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The location is good and is right between the Grand Hyatt and Four Seasons and convenient for shopping and the Sky Train. The service was nice and hotel staff was very courteous .The MoMo (All Day Dining) is really spacious and has a good spread.
The shop in the reception is very convenient Overall it’s a fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms have a good layout
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AshleshW
GMCourtyardBangkok, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear AshleshW,

Thank you for taking the time to review your exerience with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable.