“Very Close to Rathchadamri Station - Away from Crowd !!!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Ranked #49 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A decent hotel with decent staffs.
I love travelling in public transport to know the culture better.
Hence I chose this hotel when I found a good offer going on.
Always go for Bed and Breakfast ..Buffet is good if you love Thai food :)

They provide Tuktuk to railway station upto 11pm at night.
Staying at Ratchadamri is always a better option because its away from the terrifying crowd of Bangkok.

Room Tip: Bed and Breakfast always
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debopriospeaking
MarkEaton2014, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Debopriospeaking,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the first time I chose to stay in an international hotel in Bangkok due to my last stay in Courtyard by Marriott in Gurgaon, India. Previously, I had always chose to stay in a boutique hotel as boutique hotel are always cheaper and with trendy set up. However, my 3 nights stay here was great and I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a decent hotel. It is walking distance from Central World shopping mall where there is also a BTS sky train station (Chit Lom station). Another one will be Ratchadamri BTS sky train station, which is also a few minutes walk away from hotel. If you do not feel like walking, the hotel do provide complimentary return tuk-tuk service to the two sky train station as mentioned. The tuk-tuk driver even give us good advise how to plan our stop by asking us where is our next destination before dropping us to the train station. Concierge service are good too, staff are friendly and they have gave us good advise to travel to the floating market on our own. The only thing that I wish to criticise is the front desk service. They are not as attentive and friendly as the others and my check in took a very long time too.

1  Thank yeepie

Dear Yeepie,

Thank you for your comments.We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just checked out yesterday, a 3 nights stay only. Breakfast buffet, not many choices, food sometimes ran out and not refilling fast enough and it was only 9 am, the restaurant was hot, air con was not enough especially when the sun was shining thru windows. The price is 450ThaiB, not worthy.

Housekeeping didn't replace the towels, they never did once until we call for towels, they said they ran out of clean towels. Even we brought our own bath towels doesn't mean we won't use your hand towels. They didn't replace any size of towels and the bath mat after the first night. This service is very disappointing.

The room smell a bit of 'pee' at one corner, not strong but it smells a bit at night time. Not sure if it is the carpet needs proper washing or not. The rest of the room is ok.

The concierge people are very helpful and polite, that is the only thing I will compliment on.

2  Thank mamaleilei
MarkEaton2014, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Mamaleilei,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your comments.

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay but I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have left our hotel not completely satisfied. I hope that you can accept our sincerest apologies for failing to live up to your expectations this time.

Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit and please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist with a future booking.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Excellent service, good location, excellent room and great value.

Only stayed the one night on route back to the UK from Ko Samui but we were very impressed. All of the staff were very welcoming and couldn't be more helpful. Probably more of a business hotel than for tourists but we wouldn't hesitate to recommend or go back to this hotel should we return to Bangkok.

1  Thank JFMac22

Dear JFMac 22,

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable.We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on points so cannot speak to the value but our experience was wonderful. The lobby is big and gorgeous. I did not use the pool or gym but checked them both out and they seemed nice and clean although basic. We checked in without any issues and everyone at the front desk during our stay was helpful and spoke decent English ( the managers spoke more). The room was beautiful and included bottled water, robes, slippers, nice toiletries. The shower, bed, and AC (my top 3) all were perfect and everything was clean.

We had a mishap where they gave us an early wake-up call we did not order, but they were extremely apologetic.

We used the restaurant several times and the service and food were both very good. Having status ensured free breakfast and cocktail hour, both were nice. The breakfast buffet was wonderful but I doubt I would pay the $15pp if it hadn't been included as I didn't eat that much food worth. We had dinner once and while pricey (but typical for any of the nicer hotels and much cheaper than in the USA) was very very good.

I thought the area around the hotel was nice. It is not near the temple areas but is close to a metro station. I wouldn't say it is the most central but I didn't feel as though we were in the middle of nowhere either. A lot of the nicer hotels appeared to be in this area and it depends what you are looking for.

My only other complaint is that while the hotel was willing to get you a cab they were not helpful with the price and did not ensure that drivers ran the meter or gave a fair price. To me this was a huge drawback. If you do not know taxis are sort of a "mafia" in Bangkok and it is nearly impossible to get one who runs a meter (if they do it's often "fast") and as a tourist they will charge you triple what it should cost. You have to be firm and haggle which gets tiring. I really thing the hotel should do a better job of ensuring it's guests get quality taxis.

2  Thank Kelly C
GMCourtyardBangkok, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you very much for your detailed and positive review of your experience staying with us during your visit to Bangkok.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I have taken note of your all you comments and will make sure this will be share with our team.
Hope to welcome you back next time in Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Sanne Emborg

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at Courtyard Bangkok for a excellent 4D3N getaway!
Initially decided to go to Bangkok early but was delayed due to the political unrest.

I sincerely would like to thank Mark Eaton the Operation Manager for the arrangement and excellent service of his management staff (Mr Thomas) which make my stay in Bangkok a relaxing, comfortable and memorable one.

Was upgraded to the 1 bedroom suite upon the nice gesture and the hotel really lived up to the standard of any 5* hotels in Bangkok.

The suite was large, clean and comfortable and the service staff at the club lounge are forever willing to answer to all minor requests upon your call.

The breakfast at both the club lounge and MoMo cafe is excellent and I really would like to thank to the prompt service from the staff at the cafe during breakfast. The staff are forever smiling doing their utmost to make everyone felt at home.
Not forgetting the afternoon tea and evening cocktail at the club lounge.

In short, a great hotel with great standard of service and professionalism.

Highly recommend for your consideration if you like a hotel which has a great location, safety and most important good return for every dollar you spent!

Best Regards
Dr E. Chow

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank UpperGuest
MarkEaton2014, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear UpperGuest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangkok was enjoyable.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel and I was very happy. It's very good, but when you factor in the price, it becomes outstanding. Location is excellent, clean, the usual friendly Thai staff. It's an easy 4 minute walk to Soi Langsuan (restaurants, Starbucks, etc.) I'll go back on my next visit.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a great view. It was on the 9th floor so you don't have to go too high...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family