“Exploring Bangkok with smiling Mandy !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mandy Guide Smile
Ranked #12 of 200 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I'm Mandy 27 years old, 5 years guide experiences and I'm full time tour guide. I was born and raised in Bangkok and I'm excited to show you around my amazing country. l'm very knowledgeable about the attractions in Thailand especially for Bangkok and the surrounding areas. My customers always enjoy my tours and have a fun time exploring some of the amazing places Thailand has offer. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I can be flexible on the tours and can do my best to accommodate you.
Hamburg
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Exploring Bangkok with smiling Mandy !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I spend several days and Bangkok and was lucky to find Mandy as guide to explore the city. She is very fast and reliable in communication. You can book her for short city guides or full-day trips, she is fully flexible.

I asked her to show me some places off the beaten tracks, and she really made that possible. My highlight: Mandy guided me to a small temple beside the tourist main roads where you can feed turtles. They are crazy for carrots - and give you a long live when you feed them.

Mandy guided my very safely. She is polite and educated. All questions on historical or current Thailand will be answered. Oh, and she loves kids (and they love Mandy!).

I am happy I explored Bangkok with Mandy and received a very colourful and broad image of this city.

Visited April 2014

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bridge over River Kwai and Hellfire Pass”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I wanted to make my husband's trip to Bangkok somewhat enjoyable and since he braved Chatuchak with me, I booked a day tour to The Bridge over the River Kwai, the Memorial Cemetery and Hell Fire Pass in May 2014. Surprisingly it left an indelible mark on me as well.

It was surreal to drive up to the cemetery and see all the people who lost their lives in such a short time for such a horrible reason. It was beautiful to see Thailand honored all those who lost their lives in such a lovely setting. The cemetery is very well maintained and obviously lots of care goes on daily.

The Bridge over the River Kwai was interesting. The museum is not spectacular but there are lots of interesting pieces to see and read. You certainly see the disparagement in how the workers were treated versus the "managers". So sad. It is an interesting piece of history I was not aware of but I am glad I have since been educated. The view of the bridge is beautiful. A new temple has just been completed on the opposite side of the river which plays music most of the day. Quite enjoyable. A walk over the bridge completes the day and you see the major work that was accomplished for such a sad piece of history.
There is a fantastic floating restaurant next to the bridge...get the Thai Green Curry! Amazing!

Our last part of our tour was Hellfire Pass. WOW! The museum is amazing and was built with much love and thought of those who lost their lives. The views are gorgeous outside. Inside you will read about the reason for the pass and all they had to go through to build it. There are prisoner drawings they have saved and tools the prisoners made to make daily life a little easier. It broke my heart to see how horribly these men were treated. But then we walked the Pass...there were times I wanted to cry. You see the drill holes or some of the equipment they were using from where they were trying to remove rock. Australian, Thai and other country flags are left behind as reminders of those not forgotten. The memorial at the end of the pass is beautiful and done very thoughtfully. Everyone should learn about this piece of history. It certainly left a mark on me.

We hired a private guide, Mandy. She was very professional, very sweet, kind and funny. She allowed us to explore on our own but stayed close enough I case we had questions. She was knowledgeable of the areas and provided us with details we didn't get during the tour experience. We really enjoyed our day with her and highly recommend Mandy as your guide.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dana W
Goiania, GO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have absolutely nothing to complain about Mandy´s service. She was extremely caring, punctual and kept the energy flowing, something that I greatly appreciated since that the Jetleg made ​​me very tired. Besides the temples we had previously agreed to visit, she also took me to a local restaurant with excellent and reasonable priced food. Mandy also proved to be very knowledgeable about Thai history and culture in general. I would definitely recommend Mandy´s services to anyone.

Visited May 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous guide - and great with children!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Mandy was a really excellent guide: she was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, and her English is very good.

Above all she was BRILLIANT with our two young girls. They loved her, so much so that they begged to see her again when we were back in Bangkok a few weeks after our first tour. So we booked a second fabulous day with Mandy, and we also asked her to babysit one evening so we could enjoy an adult meal out (heaven!).

I would very strongly recommend Mandy, including for families with young children.

Visited April 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Great Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I would recommend Mandy to anybody coming to Thailand for the first time or anybody that has been many times. She knows her stuff. She is very accommodating and did everything she could to make our trip a special one. We got to try local food and speak to local people. We really got a great feeling for Thailand. Not only that but she pointed us in the right direction for our onward travel down to the islands. She is friendly fun and flexible. Thanks for an incredible time Mandy

Visited January 2014