“Passionate about her job.”
Review of Mandy Guide Smile

Mandy Guide Smile
Ranked #13 of 209 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I'm Mandy 27 years old, 5 years guide experiences and I'm full time tour guide. I was born and raised in Bangkok and I'm excited to show you around my amazing country. l'm very knowledgeable about the attractions in Thailand especially for Bangkok and the surrounding areas. My customers always enjoy my tours and have a fun time exploring some of the amazing places Thailand has offer. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I can be flexible on the tours and can do my best to accommodate you.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Passionate about her job.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have nothing but positive things to say about Mandy. I first met Mandy in the summer of 2013 she sat down with me for more than an hour and helped me figure out my entire itinerary from logistics to just understanding the people and culture in southern islands. I was beyond pleased with my trip and impressed by how knowledgeable and efficient she is in her craft. I don't see any reason why to go to anyone else, I use Mandy every time I'm in Bangkok and its gone smoothly without problems. She is super friendly and a great conversationalist. When my American friends visit I always recommend Mandy and they would all agree she is a superb Tour guide. I assure you Mandy will not disappoint! =D

1 Thank TrussDK

Palo Alto, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Mandy is the BEST!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wife, kids (ages 16 and 13) and I came to Bangkok in early June. We lucked out and found Mandy. The two adults knew Bangkok fairly well, but first trip for the kids. mandy managed to make it fun, new and interesting for all of us! She took us on all modes of transport, from tuk tuks, to water taxis, to subway to get to our destinations. She knew all the bes eateries, out of the way places and always had a smile and the best attitude, even when the kids started getting ornery because of hunger or heat. She was always super professional and knowledgeable with great English. You will not go wrong hiring Mandy to show the ins and outs of such a wonderful city.

1 Thank Gabriel M
Helsinki, Finland
“Absolutely great”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Mandy is really good at her job. I have been to Bangkok for four times and always think I know the place. But she could provide us so much more insight to the way of life and culture of the locals. She can take you to the main sights, but she also knows about the hidden things. Just the nicest young woman. Will surely see her again when I get back!

Hamburg
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Exploring Bangkok with smiling Mandy !”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I spend several days and Bangkok and was lucky to find Mandy as guide to explore the city. She is very fast and reliable in communication. You can book her for short city guides or full-day trips, she is fully flexible.

I asked her to show me some places off the beaten tracks, and she really made that possible. My highlight: Mandy guided me to a small temple beside the tourist main roads where you can feed turtles. They are crazy for carrots - and give you a long live when you feed them.

Mandy guided my very safely. She is polite and educated. All questions on historical or current Thailand will be answered. Oh, and she loves kids (and they love Mandy!).

I am happy I explored Bangkok with Mandy and received a very colourful and broad image of this city.

Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bridge over River Kwai and Hellfire Pass”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I wanted to make my husband's trip to Bangkok somewhat enjoyable and since he braved Chatuchak with me, I booked a day tour to The Bridge over the River Kwai, the Memorial Cemetery and Hell Fire Pass in May 2014. Surprisingly it left an indelible mark on me as well.

It was surreal to drive up to the cemetery and see all the people who lost their lives in such a short time for such a horrible reason. It was beautiful to see Thailand honored all those who lost their lives in such a lovely setting. The cemetery is very well maintained and obviously lots of care goes on daily.

The Bridge over the River Kwai was interesting. The museum is not spectacular but there are lots of interesting pieces to see and read. You certainly see the disparagement in how the workers were treated versus the "managers". So sad. It is an interesting piece of history I was not aware of but I am glad I have since been educated. The view of the bridge is beautiful. A new temple has just been completed on the opposite side of the river which plays music most of the day. Quite enjoyable. A walk over the bridge completes the day and you see the major work that was accomplished for such a sad piece of history.
There is a fantastic floating restaurant next to the bridge...get the Thai Green Curry! Amazing!

Our last part of our tour was Hellfire Pass. WOW! The museum is amazing and was built with much love and thought of those who lost their lives. The views are gorgeous outside. Inside you will read about the reason for the pass and all they had to go through to build it. There are prisoner drawings they have saved and tools the prisoners made to make daily life a little easier. It broke my heart to see how horribly these men were treated. But then we walked the Pass...there were times I wanted to cry. You see the drill holes or some of the equipment they were using from where they were trying to remove rock. Australian, Thai and other country flags are left behind as reminders of those not forgotten. The memorial at the end of the pass is beautiful and done very thoughtfully. Everyone should learn about this piece of history. It certainly left a mark on me.

We hired a private guide, Mandy. She was very professional, very sweet, kind and funny. She allowed us to explore on our own but stayed close enough I case we had questions. She was knowledgeable of the areas and provided us with details we didn't get during the tour experience. We really enjoyed our day with her and highly recommend Mandy as your guide.

Visited May 2014