“peaceful”

Ranked #75 of 632 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“peaceful”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had a two night stay here I got to know about it through Tripadvisor and must say the previous reviews were right. It's situated just off the main road but as you walk up to it the noise slowly subdues = nice nights peaceful sleep.
The rooms are nice very clean although a little small with a few extras I wasn't expecting for the price including a DVD player with free to watch discs in the reception, staff are very nice and helpful they even suggested a place for me to stay in the North East for the next part of my journey.
Breakfast is included and had a decent choice including real sausages (was getting a bit tired of hotdogs) all prepared freshly for you.
I'd certainly recommend it for single or couples even had a young family staying while I was there, especially girls travelling by themselves as they do look after you. I guess what I'm saying is it isn't a hotel for bar life people if you know what I mean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GEORGE C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
PICHIT
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I've beenstaying here on business on and off for the last two years and thought it about time I repay the kindness and hospitality I always recieve when I pay a visit. The staff are great as I visit regularly they keep some things in store for me so I don't have to bring to and from home all the time and they are always waiting in my room when I arrive. The hotel is tucked down a quite side street away from the noisey Sukhumvit Road but it only takes me a few minutes to reach the skytrain at Asoke.

Breakfast is always prepared freshly for you no re heated eggs and may I say the coffees great. Around the area theres lots to do eating, drinking and of course shopping.
If your in Bangkok on holiday or for business like myself this litte hotel will suit you well and for a reasonable cost.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SONGBIRD947
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is my first time in Thailand and I couldn't have picked a better start, the staff really make you feel at ease and at home. Although it's only a small hotel its set back from the main road and I couldn't believe how quite it gets at night yet just a few minutes walk to the metro system and some nice places to eat, drink and shop.

The rooms are on the small side but have everything I need and I must add they are very clean something friends have warned me about to be sure of before I check in anywhere. The staff especially the manager have helped me a lot with my plans and I must say a big thank you to them for helping me with finding my next hotel in Chiang Mai and also my transport to get there.

Would I stay here again I've already booked a few nights before heading back home.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a sunnier aspect.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank freeatlast422
Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Great location close to busy Sukhumvit Road and MRT/Skytrain but tucked away from the noise down a small street. Have stayed several times and experience is consistently very good. Basic room however no tea/coffee. Bed on the hard side but that's personal taste. 5 floors with about 12 rooms in total. Lift. Good and free wifi. Several options for breakfast menus. Friendly and helpful staff with a family-run feel. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkSmalleyNL
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at the Baan Sukhumvit Soi 20 Inn for 2 nights and enjoyed my stay very much.
I had a late flight on my departure day and for an extra 500 Baht I got a late check out at 6.00 PM which suited me perfectly for my evening flight. (Just ask for late check out when you book).
Their Email replies and room booking process was simple and easy to do.

The rooms are not large but they are clean and well decorated for the price and even through its a small hotel they do have a lift for guests.
The location is very good as its in a quiet dead end Soi just off Sukhumvit road and you cannot hear any of the traffic and night life noises so you can easily get a quiet nights sleep.
But its only a short walk 5 minute to the night life of Soi Cowboy and also the Asoke BTS (Sky train) station and the underground MRT are less than 10 minutes walk up Sukhumvit road.
There are also a couple of quiet beer bars just up the street from this hotel if you do not feel like wandering too far but want a little taste of the local night life.
There are also several small massage shops close by which is also handy.

The breakfast was quite good and included in the room rate.
But the best part about this hotel is the staff and the great service.
Kevin the English born manager is a really nice guy and also very helpful should you need anything.
I wanted to find a Bangkok restaurant that was a little bit out of the way and Kevin was a great help looking up the internet to find the best BTS station to travel to and then take a short cab ride to the restaurant.
He even printed out a map with Thai street names on it to help the cab driver find the right place.
Thanks Kevin, keep up the good work.
All the other staff were also both pleasant and very helpful.
This is a great small hotel in a good location that is well run by very good staff and I would not hesitate to stay there again any time.

Room Tip: They have smoking and Non smoking rooms. There are a couple of nice little beer bars with friendly...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Baz W
Mandalay, Myanmar
Reviewed 29 March 2013

After looking around for ha simple hotel ha me and my wife found one ha small and nice ha hotel hey.The room ha price ha only ha Us dollar 47 hey.Nice room ha with balcony ha and quite ha.The staff very nice and good hey.Very nice and cozy location hey near all easy place ha like the sky train hey and all shopping hey.Many restaurants to eat ha hey.We think this hotel is cheap for money hey and we go checking one youth hostel opposite the road ha for same price ha and have nothing and no WiFi ha but this Baan Sukhumvit is real hotel ha.Go every where is easy from here ha

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I travel to Bangkok quite often, and I have to say this was one of my favorite places to stay! The property is very nice and comfortable. The location is perfect. You are a very pleasant & short walk from the SkyTrain, and also near the Terminal 21 Mall. Terminal 21 has many many food choices. You are only one block from Sukhumvit, but the Inn is tucked away at the end of a quiet ally, so it seems very quiet & private. Kevin is friendly & helpful, and he has a wonderful staff of helpful friendly people working there. The service is just wonderful & the inn is kept very clean. I also recommend the sports bar & restaurant at the corner of Sukhumvit & Soi 20. The owner, Tim, will make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business