“They were right.”

Ranked #81 of 651 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“They were right.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We got recommended to stay here from one of the hotels we'd just been to, after checking them out on Tripadvisor we decided to give them a try. What a nice suprise the hotel is down a quite little side street with no thru traffic means you can sit outside and have a drink and a chat without the roar of cars passing by.
The rooms are kept very clean and tidy had extras like a dvd, hairdryer and an in house nicely priced laundry service we even got our laundry back the same day. Staff are very nice and helpful especially the manager who is a mine of information and anything he doesn't know he'll find out for you, saved us a lot of time.
Breakfast is all freshly made with a good choice and very tasty and the coffee is the best I've had on this trip.
Getting around is very easy with the skytrain and underground just along the road, in the area theres some nice restaurants and bars plus a crazy shopping mall Terminal 21 done out like an airport plus a lot of market stalls on Sukhumvit road itself.
We often come to Bangkok at the end of our little tours around Thailand and I can truly say this will be our regular hotel from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Thimphu, Bhutan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed in Baan Sukhumvit Inn Soi 20, in February 2013. This hotel is small, but clean and comfortable. It is tucked away at the end of a closed street, hence quiet. The manager and the hostesses are very nice people. It is centrally located in downtown Sukhumvit area, close to major shopping malls, cinemas, Park, and BTS Asoke station. We loved our stay in this hotel. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank binailama
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I’m just about to leave here and had to add to my list of reviews. I’ve stayed here for five nights and enjoyed every minute the staff are great and make you feel right at home and the reception area has that nice cosy feel to it.
The rooms are very clean and have all you need fridge,aircon, shower and even dvd and hairdryer, I had a room on the top floor which gave me a nice night time view of the skyscrapers all lit up.
Breakfast had a nice selection including a full English, first time I’ve had real suasages since arriving in Asia.
The hotels on a quite side street away from the noisy traffic but suprisingly close to all the touristy places and only a few minutes walk to the skytrain which by the eay is an amazing way to get around Bangkok, but what makes the place is the staff always ready to help you get around or book anything you want which is a big plus for me travelling by myself.
If you want peace and quite but good access to Bangkok then you can!’t go wrong I paid about 29 pounds per night and it was worth every penny or should that be baht.

Room Tip: Top floor roomsbgive you a better view
1 Thank Helen C
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had a two night stay here I got to know about it through Tripadvisor and must say the previous reviews were right. It's situated just off the main road but as you walk up to it the noise slowly subdues = nice nights peaceful sleep.
The rooms are nice very clean although a little small with a few extras I wasn't expecting for the price including a DVD player with free to watch discs in the reception, staff are very nice and helpful they even suggested a place for me to stay in the North East for the next part of my journey.
Breakfast is included and had a decent choice including real sausages (was getting a bit tired of hotdogs) all prepared freshly for you.
I'd certainly recommend it for single or couples even had a young family staying while I was there, especially girls travelling by themselves as they do look after you. I guess what I'm saying is it isn't a hotel for bar life people if you know what I mean.

1 Thank GEORGE C
PICHIT
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I've beenstaying here on business on and off for the last two years and thought it about time I repay the kindness and hospitality I always recieve when I pay a visit. The staff are great as I visit regularly they keep some things in store for me so I don't have to bring to and from home all the time and they are always waiting in my room when I arrive. The hotel is tucked down a quite side street away from the noisey Sukhumvit Road but it only takes me a few minutes to reach the skytrain at Asoke.

Breakfast is always prepared freshly for you no re heated eggs and may I say the coffees great. Around the area theres lots to do eating, drinking and of course shopping.
If your in Bangkok on holiday or for business like myself this litte hotel will suit you well and for a reasonable cost.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SONGBIRD947
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is my first time in Thailand and I couldn't have picked a better start, the staff really make you feel at ease and at home. Although it's only a small hotel its set back from the main road and I couldn't believe how quite it gets at night yet just a few minutes walk to the metro system and some nice places to eat, drink and shop.

The rooms are on the small side but have everything I need and I must add they are very clean something friends have warned me about to be sure of before I check in anywhere. The staff especially the manager have helped me a lot with my plans and I must say a big thank you to them for helping me with finding my next hotel in Chiang Mai and also my transport to get there.

Would I stay here again I've already booked a few nights before heading back home.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a sunnier aspect.
1 Thank freeatlast422
Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Great location close to busy Sukhumvit Road and MRT/Skytrain but tucked away from the noise down a small street. Have stayed several times and experience is consistently very good. Basic room however no tea/coffee. Bed on the hard side but that's personal taste. 5 floors with about 12 rooms in total. Lift. Good and free wifi. Several options for breakfast menus. Friendly and helpful staff with a family-run feel. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business