“A value for money Hotel!”

Win Long Place Hotel & Apartment
Ranked #646 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 July 2012

win long palace hotel is best for families.& its prime location also make it the right choice,you can find public transports & many dining options with in walking distance, rooms are also very clean & rate are very reasonable.should recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here due to its proximity to the Sheraton which is only a 5-10 min walk away. We were surprised to find we had a sort of suite, sofa, coffee table, TV. The room had a funny "floor polish" smell, which wasn't bad exactly but not a fresh smell. The TV had one english channel so we never used it. Our bed was very hard, proper mattress but not comfortable. A/C worked fine and the shower was warm, a tall person might struggle to use the toilet though, not a lot of knee room! Internet worked ok but there where some issues when the signal dropped.
Breakfast was good, as much toast and coffee, eggs, pineapple, papaya as you can eat. Evening meals where OK, fairly bland Thai food, but reasonably priced. There is also a small shop on the premises which is quite handy for a beer or water, and they have a taxi guy who will take you to the airport for 400baht. The lift works fine, the staff are ok but english is a bit limited.

So overall, OK, location good, rooms alright, but a better mattress would make all the difference, unless you like a really hard one........

Room Tip: I think the 103,203,303 etc rooms are the "suites"
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference at the Sheraton. In terms of location it was great. We walked in the morning to the fair and back home nor problem (5 to 10 mins top). it was only 80 baht taxi rides down to central world and paragon, too. The restaurant was great! Simple Thai food, but simply great Thai food, too. The conference recruiters seemed fine with us not staying at the sheraton, too... If you attend some day you will know what I am talking about. Dry cleaning service had my clothes done in 6 hours, suit, shirts, and pants for about 500 bhhat. The staff arent fluent in English, but they did their best. The only reason I don't rate this a five is because it isnt a luxurious place... Having said that, I am glad I stayed here; I saved quite a bit of money and lived very comfortably.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have stayed at Win Long Place 6 times this Year and will be going again on sunday for 2 Weeks.
Not Expensive comfortable friendly sky Train 10 Minutes at most.

My only problem last time in Restaurant.A quick Email to the Manager on the HOTELS COMPUTER resolved the matter the following day .
The Chef got a B********* the following day.
A Brilliant place to eat Baan Garagade thier Card ids in thai so i cannot say were it is but it is less than 10 minutes walk.
My wife and i went there every night for food Less than 700 Baht for 2

Room Tip: The whole Hotel is Quiet no Noise from Road. They are building a New block opposite which is Nearly...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2011

This hotel was a dissapointment and certainly didn't live up to it's website: the bathroom was very small and the shower poor. The door to the bathroom it was plastic and failed to close. I had to ask 4 times to get the staff to fix the safe in the room. The air-conditioner had not been cleaned in a long time and the air coming out of it smelt bad so I avoided using it. There's construction work at the front of the hotel and so I would advise trying to get a room at the back. Food at breakfast time was okay, but I wouldn't recommend eating there at night. There was no internet in the rooms only in the foyer, but that brokedown (there is wifi boxes on each floor, but the staff don't know how you can connect to them!).

If you are staying for a night only and want a budget hotel this place will suffice. If you are spending all your time outside the room it's okay. If you don't mind a 15/20min walk to the skytrain/metro it's okay. It was cheap and in a good location for me, but those were the only reasons I didn't check out and find an alternative.

If you don't have high expectations and are on a tight budget, maybe, otherwise look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Our budget was medium and this place was perfect. We got a big room with balcony and bathroom, TV and breakfast in a shielded part of the lobby. The breakfast was nice with bread, eggs, coffee, juice and fresh fruits.

The staff was amazing and helped us with recommendations for dining in the area, plane tickets, pick up service We enjoyed our stay here a lot! Would love to come back one day

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is my second week in Win Long place. The room is clean and the staff friendly. Above all easy access to all places, i stay in a studio room and doing my CELTA here in Bangkok. So far the hotel staff and other facilities you get here are up o the mark. I recommend this place for any Indian who wish to stay in Bangkok for a period of time for many reasons. You get a cordial and safe atmosphere(Except for the noise of some construction work nearby- of course it is temporay) Ther are many small restaurants where you can take Indian or Pakisthani food, easy access to transport and of course the cool ambience. As a CELTA trainee I have long hours of work in the night and I should be thankful to the Thai bike guy who waits for me in the morning to take me to Sala deng where I study. Its just 10 minutes journey by bike and he charges only 40 baht,
When you go out from Winlong, tell the hotel receptionist to write on a piece of paper the exact location of the hotel in Thai. This will save your problems in finding out the location of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business