Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
£37
Fully refundable before Wed, 6 Mar
No prepayment needed
£28
Agoda.com
£26
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
No fees just great deals
All reviews phaya thai station airport train one night stay place to stay hotel is located swimming pool receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Booked 2 nights in advance, spent only 1. Smell was so bad in the room u didnt really want to be there. We asked to change the room, but the other room was as bad and smelled the same. When I turned AC on only dust was blown to my face. Furniture was from the 70's, blankets really old too. There were holes in sheets and towels etc... Worst hotel experience ever.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank samvuor
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Standing just right next to the Phayathai station, it's a nice location since Airport Express Line / City Line will stop in this station. With Airport Express Line, you need only 17 minutes from the airport to the Phayathai station, where from there, you will be connected to the BTS network in BKK.

I happened to have meetings in this hotel, and the facility in the meeting venue (7th floor) was quite nice. Perhaps that's why the organizer also booked us rooms in this hotel. The room is very deteriorating; uncomfortable bed, bad blanket, dirty curtains, questionable toilet.

Compared to the price, this is not suitable. I happen to stay in several hostels with same price, and their service were much better. I got a room with connecting door (locked) to other guests. When I arrived, the next room was very busy on their romancing activities, so that the screams were very loud and very audible from my room. The room is also facing a busy street where high intensity of noises can be heard from the room.

Simply saying, I won't be back to stay here again and won't recommend to any one about the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank sundulgan
Reviewed 11 September 2011

On a recent trip to Thailand I wanted to stay in the Florida Hotel after staying with some Thai friends for a few days. My hosts called the hotel to in advance and were quoted a price of 900 baht (about 30 USD). When I arrived to check in they told me the price was 1200 baht. I tried to explain about my friend calling ahead and getting a different price, but the clerk just sort of quietly dissembled and insisted that the price was 1200. There seemed to be kind of a language issue, so I called up my Thai friend who had called first to come help me sort the situation out. When he arrived and explained about calling and asked what happened, they told him point blank that 900 baht is the price for Thai people 1200 baht is the price for foreigners. Although I lost interest in staying there as a matter of principle after that, my friend continued to try and politely convince the clerk to give me the lower price, but then the clerk just suddenly said they were full and walked away.

If you have a problem with the idea of businesses charging different prices to people based on race or nationality, I recommend you don't stay here.

Date of stay: August 2011
4  Thank CoveredWithBees
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I decided to book the Florida for an overnight transit in Bangkok because it is near the new airport express train and it has a pool. I was surprised just how close to the train it is, literally a few doors away from Phaya Thai station - they must be very pleased about this.

I booked a "New Standard" room - I'm not entirely sure that's what I was given, it wasn't very new. It smelt a bit musty until the powerful air-conditioning got going, then it was fine. The bathroom was clean and functional, and there was no "bad drain" smell as is often the case with older hotels. I decided to ask for a late check-out so I could go directly to the station - it cost me 650THB for 3 hours, but they did make up the room again.

The pool was clean and inviting, and I was very glad of it in the sticky Bangkok heat.

Wi-fi was available for 50THB/hr, it worked well in the lobby but only sometimes in the room (but my netbook often won't connect at all, so I was happy).

Breakfast was not included, and I didn't try the hotel's offering.

There are some great hotels near the airport, but only the most expensive ones have a pool. Now that the airport is only 15-20 minutes away by train, this is an option I would consider again.

Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank BVC2
Reviewed 3 August 2011

So the other reviews nailed it right on the head. Luckily, I wasn't too disappointed though after reading them. The rooms are gross (mold, ancient dirt, small bugs) but I suspect that they are cleaned daily. There is air conditioning, hot water and free water bottles. The best part is totally the fact that it is 2 steps away from the Phayathai stop on that air tram express thing. I probably won't stay there again (hostels are SO MUCH cheaper for the same quality) but I have stayed at worse.

Date of stay: August 2011