Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Zlabermahnte
Venice, Italy

All about location: awfully worn out, unbelievably old, ridiculously overpriced.

Review of Florida Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Apr 2016via mobile
If you fancy how did and hotel look like in the 70's, go there.
I walked in from BTS Phaya Thai, which is super close to the hotel: this is the sole and only positive feature of this place.
First I was offered a 1350 thb/night room which was pathetically old and smelly, really you can find rooms like this for 200 baht and still it's not a great deal.
Then for some reason I decided not to run away crying in terror, but to go for their best choice, a 1650 tbh/night which was basically just as old and creepy as the cheap one, but at least had a (very old) wood parquet on the floor and a slightly less basic interior. Afterall, I only have to stay one night.
Yet, I had to find out that the wifi was NOT FREE (what is this, 1998?), that the bathroom was just terrifying, with cheap and old facilities, broken stuff, brown water running down for 10 seconds when I went for the shower and a old curtain full of musk... wait wait, listen this: there were NO LAMPS and very poor room illumination at night, in the room, and in the hall downstairs as well!
Where are my money going to? I don't get it. The rent of the land is probably very expensive, as the location is really great, but it's completely unacceptable to offer this kind of service, especially for this price. This hotel desperately needs investment in maintenance and renovation. Everything inside is broken and worn out. They could at least do small maintenance works, like give some fresh white to the walls, which clearly don't see paint in decades. Just fix stuff, make it look less bad.
The staff is OK, but if they were monsters it still wouldn't have been my first problem! Paid 1650 baht a place worth at least 7 times less.
Running away and never coming back!

P.s. If you are wondering, NO free coffee facilities, no courtesy gifts except two small super cheap soap tables and a liquid one (shampoo?). That's it. Facepalm.
    £77
2.1 miles from Florida Hotel
    £62
3.8 miles from Florida Hotel
View more hotels in Bangkok
All reviews phaya thai station airport train one night stay place to stay hotel is located swimming pool receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2016

I have been there last week with my 2 son. The hotel is quite small and there are all basic facilities. The room was a little bit old but its clean. The staff are friendly. It's very easy to go every where from the hotel because it close to the bts and airport real link. Only 5 step from the hotel to the bts station. Next time if we have chance to go to Thailand again, we will defiantly go to use the service there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Cheap hotel but with all basic facilities. Room was old but clean. There was bathtub in a room. Room was also stocked with minibar. There was an outdoor swimming pool but no sun bed.
Superb location as BTS station is right there in front of the hotel and Airport Link station is just few steps away.

Overall, good value for money.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

The room are of average! Old facilities but clean. Close to BTS Payathai, Airport Link Payathai and then you can connect to the whole city.
Breakfast is not very attractive but then with the reasonable price, this lodging has been my choice whenever I am in Bangkok.
Paid Wifi kind of expensive to me!

Room tip: very old A/C makes a lot of noise and no temp control
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ygodwiller
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel months before my trip because it was close to the Airport Link and seemed like a decent price. Looking back, I'm sure I could have found better for the same or cheaper price. WiFi is 100 baht per day if you want it in your room. Their breakfast buffet was small and not included with my $40/ night stay and seemed a bit over priced for eggs, rice, ham, toast and juice/coffee, but maybe this is standard as I'm new to travelling in Bangkok. I got a room with my own bathroom, it was very clean overall. Phone didnt work in my room. The bed was hard as a rock but after all my flights, it didn't matter and I was just happy to have something to sleep on. The young man and older man who work the front desk were very nice/ helpful and knew English pretty well. I probably wouldn't stay here again, but it was a place to sleep and shower.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Most horrible hotel I ever visited. Cheap yes and near to the airport link, but beware: Sewage stinks, lice on the wall, fleas in bed, bed overcast has never ever been changed, pubic hair in bathtub and you need shoes to walk on the floor. I missed a HAZMAT suit. This probably sounds like a joke, but it is the truth. Stay away. We stopped counting after 300 fleabites on our legs. Our bodies were covered and no English speaking staff. Visit Bangkok, but avoid this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2016