Lowest prices for your stay
£26
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Markus E

Worn.

Review of Florida Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jan 2017via mobile
Seems like a hotel from the 80's, pricy but with nothing like an acommodation with this price usually have. You sleep alright if you have the right room ( next to train station and sky train) Good cleaning ladies though, very friendly.
Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
£89
    £49
    £100
2.4 miles from Florida Hotel
View more hotels in Bangkok
All reviews phaya thai station airport train one night stay place to stay hotel is located swimming pool receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located at a super convenient location, Phaya Thai. It is next to the BTS Phaya Thai and Airport Link. It takes two stations to Siam Centre or change to BTS Silom Line.

The hotel is old and giving you a 60's or 70's feel. After you stepped in the lobby, if you are imaginative enough you can see this hotel was busy and had a lot of functions or activities going on in the past.

The Lobby is old school for sure. Guests can leave keys at the front desk then pick it up while return. Hotel restaurant provides breakfast, lunch and dinner, but not much choices at all. Swimming pool is available. Hey...it is an old school hotel, the size of the pool was a good enough size in the past. Room, we stayed in a two beds room. Space is enough. Furniture is old school as well. Mattresses, we feel ok, but some guests said it is too hard. Wooden flooring. Split-type air conditioner. Lighting is enough, but install couple more will be better.

For the price we paid, it is not worth. However, it is located at a good location, so we can't demand much. They charged us about 1,200 baht per night. If they can keep around 800baht to 1,000 baht, it would be better. Now, I feel not worth it because sometime, Holiday Inn Express can provide similar price but they provide free wifi and the facilities are newer.

Recommend this to the travelers who want to spend low price on hotel and get convenient location, it is one of the good choices.

Please PM if you want to know more about this hotel. IG: michaelty_kan or FB: @travelwithmikekan

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank mktravel64866680
Reviewed 7 September 2016

The good - it's cheap, convenient, as I intended to stay in central Bangkok near BTS and Airport rail link, with private bathroom, this is an affordable place, otherwise I have to find a place further away, or a shared hostel. Staffs are friendly, but I observe wrong choice of English word used as they know limited English, and lead to the unintended rudeness. Breakfast is nice, the coffee shop "Orlando Restaurant" is the best kept secret of the town where I enjoyed a few dinners at affordable price. Try out the BBQ Ribs with homemade bun, or Thai-Chinese food.

The bad - The room is not comfortable at all, very old with damp smell, loud air condition, rough blanket. Just adequate for a night sleep but not the best. I get what I paid for.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Nuti_Damrongphatr
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I have never slept in such a bad bed. It would have been better to sleep on the floor. Old, worn and hard mattress.
You pay extra for wifi, 100 baht pr, unit/day. Very slow. Work only for Facebook, Messenger and thai pages. Not for international newspapers or Netflix.

눇Very close to train to airport.

Room tip: Take another hotel.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Henrik59
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Pratunam market where I can shop till I drop and because the BTS station is just outside the hotel. 7 Eleven is on the opposite side of the road.
For the price you pay, you would expect much better rooms. No doubt the room is spacious and clean but the furniture and fittings are tatty.
I stayed in this hotel twice in the same week. The staff is friendly and helpful. However I need to mention that I had asked for a morning call that never came. I had spoken to a female staff who wrote down my request. This happened during my second stay.
Do not dine at the in-house restaurant. Food is average; nothing to rave about and almost everything I ordered that night is unavailable. The female cashier who took my order is not pleasant at all. Seems like this place caters for the locals.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

If you fancy how did and hotel look like in the 70's, go there.
I walked in from BTS Phaya Thai, which is super close to the hotel: this is the sole and only positive feature of this place.
First I was offered a 1350 thb/night room which was pathetically old and smelly, really you can find rooms like this for 200 baht and still it's not a great deal.
Then for some reason I decided not to run away crying in terror, but to go for their best choice, a 1650 tbh/night which was basically just as old and creepy as the cheap one, but at least had a (very old) wood parquet on the floor and a slightly less basic interior. Afterall, I only have to stay one night.
Yet, I had to find out that the wifi was NOT FREE (what is this, 1998?), that the bathroom was just terrifying, with cheap and old facilities, broken stuff, brown water running down for 10 seconds when I went for the shower and a old curtain full of musk... wait wait, listen this: there were NO LAMPS and very poor room illumination at night, in the room, and in the hall downstairs as well!
Where are my money going to? I don't get it. The rent of the land is probably very expensive, as the location is really great, but it's completely unacceptable to offer this kind of service, especially for this price. This hotel desperately needs investment in maintenance and renovation. Everything inside is broken and worn out. They could at least do small maintenance works, like give some fresh white to the walls, which clearly don't see paint in decades. Just fix stuff, make it look less bad.
The staff is OK, but if they were monsters it still wouldn't have been my first problem! Paid 1650 baht a place worth at least 7 times less.
Running away and never coming back!

P.s. If you are wondering, NO free coffee facilities, no courtesy gifts except two small super cheap soap tables and a liquid one (shampoo?). That's it. Facepalm.

Date of stay: April 2016