“No worries, good digs for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

S 6 Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
S 6 Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #764 of 844 Hotels in Bangkok
Murray Bridge, Australia
“No worries, good digs for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have been staying at sukhhumvit Crown Hotel for over 30 years. I lived there for 3 months in 1982. My wife is Thai and we stay there for about 3 weeks, every second/third year. It is not a custom for Chinese to smile when giving service, but on the whole the staff are very helpful and will help with any problem you have, if they can.
The service is excellent and rooms are cleaned daily and food can be delivered to room and a buffet breakfast each morning to 10.30am. Definitely value for money, but not the Ritz

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
General Santos, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed here Sept 2012. Friendly staff . Basic needs provided for and the location was near most destinations every tourists will go.Most staff are good in conversational English my friend and I never had a hard time asking for help and instructions. Food was good .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carl1968ph
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Upon booking in, i was greeted by a seemingly sour faced illiterate receptionist that tried to communicate using grunts only. When i said 'hello - i have a reservation', i was directed to a price list with a frown and further grunt. I said that i booked through 'booking.com' to which the receptionist replied by calling in this old equally grumpy old woman who proceeded to tell me that i should show her my id. I mentioned that the previous person had already taken a copy of my id and asked if they had my details jn the 'booking.com' file - she refused to check and pointed to the grubby price list instead.
At this point, i asked if there was anyone available that could process my booking efficiently - this request was met by a raised voice and abuse.
I left the hotel somewhat bewildered and feeling angry at being treated with such disrespect and abuse. I have complained to 'booking.com' regarding the foul manner of the reception staff at this hotel.

Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Jim H

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Has free coffee and breakfast 7am -10:00am
Hotel is tucked between two soi ..it is nothing special... but rooms are clean.. bath is large..water
is hot...no problems.. old school thai...I have stayed 3 times in different seasons.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank rainforestdan
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We, my mom and I, stayed at this hotel many years ago, and we were not exactly thrilled about our stay…

It’s not really a bad hotel, but it’s sooo very old fashioned, dark and gloomy! The rooms, the lobby, the restaurant… Everywhere you looked it was just so boring and dark!

On the plus side, the rooms were very clean and comfortable (and had TV), and the hotel is located right in the centre of everything, yet it is located on a quiet side street, so it’s always very quiet and relaxing. And the food we had at the restaurant was not half bad at all!

I’d say it’s a good enough choice if you’re looking for a budget hotel in the middle of the city. As I said, it’s really not a bad hotel; it’s just not very cheerful…

I wouldn’t recommend it to families with young children; this is more of an "adult" hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny_Alla_Pioggia
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

It was a pleasure to stay in the hotel, funtastic experience of staying on 36th floor with a overwhelming view of tennis court, swiming pool and garden.

Room was fabulous, good amenties

Food was good. Really enjoyed the breakfast and dinners at the hotel. Staff was nice and courteous.

Hotel is located in middle of the city so easy access to shoping and hanging out

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

My wife and stayed a couple of nights here in Bangkok before flying back home, and we regret choosing this place. It was recommended by a friend, and believe me, we haven't spoken since!

The only upside to this hotel is the service - but that goes without saying in Thailand. The location was crummy and it was so difficult to get a ride out of our tiny, cramped Soi. There was some ants nest in our wall or something because a trail of ants could be seen in the corner of our room continually disappearing into a hole.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple