“A good place to stay if you are a man”

S 6 Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #834 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Hidden away down a side street the hotel at first does not appear to be very good but enter the main door after making your way past the young ladies sitting outside a Bar called Lolita's some 30 yards away and you will be pleasantly suprised. Run by a Thai /Chinese family. The rooms were varied in quality. I had a medium priced one situated overlooking the side street ! A good view to observe the 'goings on' in the street. My room was equiped with a long mirror fixed to one wall and angled so I could observe myself in bed !? Breakfast was very good with large selection.
Once again you get what you pay for...this one was priced at 1200 Bht a night including breakfast. It's approx 300 yards from the Nana Skytrain station which gives access to the whole of Bangkok. If you want to know about Lolita's just ask me. Have a look at www.chrismartin.zenfolio.com to see some pictures of Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Sittwe

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have been staying at sukhhumvit Crown Hotel for over 30 years. I lived there for 3 months in 1982. My wife is Thai and we stay there for about 3 weeks, every second/third year. It is not a custom for Chinese to smile when giving service, but on the whole the staff are very helpful and will help with any problem you have, if they can.
The service is excellent and rooms are cleaned daily and food can be delivered to room and a buffet breakfast each morning to 10.30am. Definitely value for money, but not the Ritz

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George M
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed here Sept 2012. Friendly staff . Basic needs provided for and the location was near most destinations every tourists will go.Most staff are good in conversational English my friend and I never had a hard time asking for help and instructions. Food was good .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carl1968ph
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Upon booking in, i was greeted by a seemingly sour faced illiterate receptionist that tried to communicate using grunts only. When i said 'hello - i have a reservation', i was directed to a price list with a frown and further grunt. I said that i booked through 'booking.com' to which the receptionist replied by calling in this old equally grumpy old woman who proceeded to tell me that i should show her my id. I mentioned that the previous person had already taken a copy of my id and asked if they had my details jn the 'booking.com' file - she refused to check and pointed to the grubby price list instead.
At this point, i asked if there was anyone available that could process my booking efficiently - this request was met by a raised voice and abuse.
I left the hotel somewhat bewildered and feeling angry at being treated with such disrespect and abuse. I have complained to 'booking.com' regarding the foul manner of the reception staff at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Has free coffee and breakfast 7am -10:00am
Hotel is tucked between two soi ..it is nothing special... but rooms are clean.. bath is large..water
is hot...no problems.. old school thai...I have stayed 3 times in different seasons.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank rainforestdan
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We, my mom and I, stayed at this hotel many years ago, and we were not exactly thrilled about our stay…

It’s not really a bad hotel, but it’s sooo very old fashioned, dark and gloomy! The rooms, the lobby, the restaurant… Everywhere you looked it was just so boring and dark!

On the plus side, the rooms were very clean and comfortable (and had TV), and the hotel is located right in the centre of everything, yet it is located on a quiet side street, so it’s always very quiet and relaxing. And the food we had at the restaurant was not half bad at all!

I’d say it’s a good enough choice if you’re looking for a budget hotel in the middle of the city. As I said, it’s really not a bad hotel; it’s just not very cheerful…

I wouldn’t recommend it to families with young children; this is more of an "adult" hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny_Alla_Pioggia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

It was a pleasure to stay in the hotel, funtastic experience of staying on 36th floor with a overwhelming view of tennis court, swiming pool and garden.

Room was fabulous, good amenties

Food was good. Really enjoyed the breakfast and dinners at the hotel. Staff was nice and courteous.

Hotel is located in middle of the city so easy access to shoping and hanging out

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends