“Best hotel I've ever been.”
Review of Maduzi Hotel

Maduzi Hotel
Ranked #129 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I spent one night in this small and quite hotel, found through SLH app on the iPhone. location is good and with around 110 USD you have a luxurious 53 sqm suite with Jacuzzi and free minibar, very well furnished and properly organized. Breakfast is a la carte, excellent in quality, not exceeding in quantity.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Alessio315

Reviewed 1 September 2012

While I only stayed here for one evening, I consider it one of my favorite hotels for its excellent design, quiet ambiance and luxurious room experience. A family owned hotel, it has to compete against well known *5 hotels in BKK, but I prefer this hotel. In a city known for its flashiness, this hotel has an incredibly sophisticated style. The living room like lobby and small bar gives it a more intimate and homey feeling. The room (I was staying in one of their corner rooms) held an impossibly large bed, comfortable seating and work area, nice hallway nosh station, with a master-suite style bathroom including separate toilet and bath area that held an incredible infinity bathtub and lounge like sofa. A walk-in closet completed it. The overall experience was more like staying in a nice private estate rather than a hotel with a low key entrance hidden behind a high gate and service that was very friendly if not completely polished. It is tempting in BKK to stay in one of the well known luxury brand hotels (I fell prey to the Kempinski and a friend to the St. Regis in different visits) but I would highly recommend this hotel for those who want a truly special hotel that honors taste and high end comfort over massive marble lobbies and white gloved service. At its price, it isn't for everyone because you cannot tick off all the *5 boxes, but it is the hotel I will be returning to when I next visit BKK.

Room Tip: The corner room was suite-like in size and layout without being a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I get to know Maduzi from the SLH.com website and decided to try this hotel. I have been travelling to Bangkok very frequent in the past years and definitely like the location of this hotel.

Since I booked through SLH, we entitled free upgrade. In fact, I wasn't very particular if we were to get the upgrade as I was happy with my current room choice, Premium room. However as usual, I was still curious to know if we get the upgrade. Well the front desk told us that "oh sorry upgrade is base on room availability". Well it was fine for us and we were happily checked in to our room. The next morning, when we need some help to fix the TV and speak to the concierge again, he was more helpful and chatted a little bit and he then informed us, in fact we have been upgraded to the executive room. My thought was oh if we didn't chat with the experienced staff, we may not know that we were upgraded throughout out stay (the room different is only the size, 63 sqm and 79 sqm). That can be quite sad for not being recognized on their goodwill. The hotel is a small boutique hotel and it should be not difficult to communicate among themselves. Anyway, it is not a problem at all. Just puzzled.

Regardless the above, everything else are great. I prefer to list them in points

Pro:
1. Huge room
2. Great location (very close to ASOKE MRT station, Terminal 21, Healthland - clean, professional,reasonable price, upmarket SPA and Massage, 24 hours food)
3. Delicious Breakfast, especially the Pancake
4. very nicely designed luxurious hotel
5: Free minibar
6. Expresso Machine in room
7. Free Coffee, Tea all day at Bar
8. Free Cocktail from 6-7pm.
9. Extremely huge and comfortable Bed

Con:
1. Shower pressure is not strong
2. No beer in minibar.

Room Tip: If you are not a fans of big room, all rooms are generally great:)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheery66
Reviewed 12 August 2012

After 6 busy weeks of travelling alone throughout Thailand and Bali all I wanted was comfort and relaxation - and Maduzi Hotel delivered! Picked up from the airport in a luxury vehicle, smooth and friendly check in, and then a luxurious hotel room with all the amenities I could want. Free water and snacks, fast wireless, comfortable bed, and wonderful bathroom and amenities - an infinity bathtub which filled from a water spout in the ceiling, great toiletries, nice lighting and lots of storage space. Everything I could want as a woman travelling alone. Ordered room service once and ate in the restaurant - both good meals. And, although I never once felt unsafe travelling in Thailand alone, the attention to security at the hotel was an added comfort. The hotel was also in easy walking distance to great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank helenrichmond
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We rated this hotel highly on our last visit but that was 18 months ago and things can change for the better, or worse! Maduzi is great fun- maybe not for families as there's no pool and limited facilities- but what they do, they do very well. Excellent recognition of repeat guests, first class housekeeping, tea/coffee/snacks are now complimentary all day. Possibly the most comfortable (and largest) beds in Bangkok.Really unusual, highly individual, quiet property, family managed and it shows. A haven in Bangkok .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JonTh
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel 3 nights over a weekend. Very very nice. Quiet and walking distance from crowded districts. Somehow has a bit of an exclusive feeling (since it offers only 40 rooms in luxury environment). Nice room. Excellent huge bed. Nice staff. Very good breakfast a la carte.
Only 3 points for improvement from my humble point of view:
- the razor blade in the bathroom come without shaving foam
- the shower has low power output (a bit frustrating in a such beautiful bathroom)
- the sleepers (would prefer single use sleepers in coton rather than the rubber ones)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Biz T
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed two nights and loved every minute of it. amazing hotel room, large and clean, modern amenities... biggest bed ever...240 cm.... was almost like sailing on a boat...a sea of fluff doona and feather pillows.
PleuyFan, showed us around the room explaining every area carefully and took delight in our ohhh and ahhs. coffee machine, jacuzzi, business centre if you needed it .... all at your finger tips..... It really is an amazing boutique hotel.
had a very generous check out time and staff were very supportive of our late flight back home.
good location close to rail... also elegant massage studios around the corner or great food market the opp direction.
cant fault this fantastic hotel....

Room Tip: Follow their suggestions.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple