Maduzi Hotel
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$374
US$295
Agoda.com
All reviewsespresso machinebose sound systemexchange towerjacuzzi tubma du zifree mini barsmall luxury hotelhuge bedwalk in wardrobewelcome drinkfree coffee tealate checkcorner suiteasok bts stationlovely boutiqueamazing roomking size
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is family owned and run, rooms are extremely well equipped with fantastic showers and infinity baths espresso machines and full mini bars. A massive tv and DVD player. Excellent restaurant and bar service nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Khun Jonbon,

I am glad you have enjoyed our hotel. However, hopefully in your next visit I will be here personally to greet you.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Staying at Maduzi for 3 nights during my first trip to Bangkok with my best friend as a last single trip before her wedding. We were mainly there to shop and eat, but we want to stay at somewhere relaxing and luxurious without having to pay a lot for it (afterall, main reason was to shop). So boy, we are happy to find and experience Maduzi.

First of all, the interior are awesome and relaxing, the lobby, restaurant, room, even the elevator. We were immediately offered nice cold drinks during check in and escorted to our room (we made a reservation for studio 49). The room itself is spacious, with nice espresso machine, fax/printer that was ready and totally free, jacuzzi (we even used it to soak our tired feet sometimes), and free mini bar - as I requested extra water bottles, we were given total 5 bottles everyday, which is awesome.

Breakfasts were great too, although it's not a typical buffet breakfast I am used to at hotels, but the foods were a lot and all delicious (especially our Japanese style breakfast, my french toast and smoothie). Breakfasts were a lot fun for us, as the restaurant did not have many people, so things were quiet there, and we got to enjoy the morning to ourself.

Staffs were also very friendly and helpful, especially in giving advice, direction and recommendation - the service even started directly after reservation via internet was made months before our actual trip. They pay attention to little details that we do (they notice that we shop a lot - which is totally hilarious).

I would definitely come back again..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Khun Elsa,

Although I was not here to personally greeted you but I am glad to hear that my team able to service to the fullest. Please come back and visit us again. Our Thailand next sales is actually coming up in August, but then again in Bangkok every month that ended with the weekend they created the midnight sales extravaganza.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2013

In business the little things matter!
MADUZI HOTEL on Soi 16 Sukhumvit Rd Bangkok is perfect in every way!
I have stayed here four times now and it still has 7 star qualities!
The staff, the decor, the food, and the privacy is second to none..
I don't want to tell you to much as I don't want my favourite hotel booked out for my next stay!
Can't wait to return on my next visit to Bangkok

Room Tip: Highest floors are best
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Khun Franky Schuman,

Thank you very much we really looking forward to service you again when you next visit Maduzi.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my first 3 nights to cushion the blow of jet lag, etc.
Absolutely amazon hotel, best 5 star I have stayed in. Jacuzzi is like an infinity pool and fill from the ceiling; never seen a bigger nor more comfortBle bed in my life; service was just impeccable. Once got a call by accident at 9am- didn't even wake me up but then was offered complimentary breakfast- it hadn't bothered me at all but the gesture without my asking or being upset in any way shows the dedication to excellence. Extremely highly recommended. Only minor gripe is wifi access twice having blackouts, and was told was the area not the hotel, although access at Ten Sui (fantastic sushi restaurant down the road) was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Khun Devon,

We really appreciate the comment you have reviewed here. Please note that we have found the problem regarding the internet and the service provider had fixed it so that we get more juice out of the cable being at the end of the line. Now it has become more stable even though from time to time we see the some slowdown but total shutdown has not occur since they fixed the problem. Keep our fingers cross that the internet will continue to be good when you come to visit us in the future.

Team Maduzi

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I think i have tried most of the big 5 stars hotels in Bangkok. Then being a SLHW Club Member I came across this Hotel with Funny name: Ma DU Zi, then I decided to try it as I had enough of those nice 5 star Hotels but with lousy service. I stayed there from 23 May 2013 for 8 nights.
I was so surprised and impressed by the room and by the service. They focus on details.The service team is discrete but SO efficient. Just as I wanted...I could see the that service was coming from their heart so thanks to Bee, Tui, Num and the other team Members.
The owners are very nice as well and down to hearth. That is probably the reason of the efficiency of the team.

They have huge room from 49 to 70 sqm and the bathroom with jacuzzi is a suite by itself....
Definitely , if you like 5 star Hotel with real service, not the fake one you receive in most hotels then this MA DU Zi is for you. The location is ideal is close to Terminal 21 Shopping Mall. For your info, to get to the shopping mall , use the escalator of the Exchange Tower Building (30m from Ma Du Zi) you will avoid the difficult stairs. My only recommendation to the owners is to provide the hotel with European TV Channels ( French, Italian, Russian etc...)
I'm planning to come back there in October

Room Tip: Take 53 sqm Studio
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Maduzi, Owner at Maduzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Sir,

We really appreciate your comments. Your review has boosted our staff moral greatly going into Bangkok semi low season. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Maduzi Hotel in the near future. I have changed the TV program per your suggestion.

Regards,