“EXACTLY as described!!!”
Review of Maduzi Hotel

Maduzi Hotel
Ranked #114 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is the only time I have visited a place that is BETTER than its pictures and descriptions! As soon as you step off of the street it is truly a Zen type oasis! From the cobblestone courtyard leading to the welcoming entrance first impressions were "Ahhhhhh!" The lobby and lounge as well as the main floor restaurant are just so beautifully appointed with hand picked and collected mementos from the owners' family travels. Our room was on the front with a nice view of the courtyard and the bustle of the city. We could even see the Sky Train station nearby and only a 5-7 minute walk gets you there as well as to the Underground (MRT) Station. The room is everything promised..calming and comfortable and spacious. The Jacuzzi tub fills from the ceiling and itself is a work of art! We loved hanging out at the lobby bar and ordered "bar food" there that tasted like a 5 star restaurant! The staff is incomparable: every one of them spoke enough English to recommend shopping, entertainment and transportation options. Wikki and Win are wonderful hosts eager to help you enjoy Bangkok in whatever way you want to. We were lucky enough to be able to book Nui, a stff member and graduate from the Guide School in Bangkok, to give us a great personally tailored tour of the city. Nui was AWESOME! We saw many sights and managed to also experience almost every form of transportation in the City which gave a great view of how people really live in Bangkok. We will definitely come back to this city...mostly because of this experience!!! Don't miss this truly boutique hotel when you visit Bangkok!!

Room Tip: Each floor only has a few rooms...this is a large city so expecting countryside quiet seems silly...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Maduzi, Owner at Maduzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Hi Mary,

I am so glad to welcome you as our guest at Maduzi. You were so nice to all staff and it was an enjoyment for us all to serve you.

We hope to welcoming you back again and again every time you are in Bangkok.

Kind Regards
Owner/GM

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Sanctuary, No pool but 5 star room, great service, friendly staff, free parking and no tipping. Breakfast is so good.....such an easy place to stay and parking in the middle of Bangkok all day for free...... great little bar but its not a party hotel. perfect for a couple or for business. Got to recommend... free mini bar in room, jacuzzi in every room and really boutique style with great bed and pillows....

Room Tip: No tip required, all rooms fantastic, number 6 on every floor is a good room....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Khun Tim,

Thank you for your comments. Make sure that in your future visits you request No.6 Rooms in your bookings so that we can make sure you gets your favourite room.

Owner

Reviewed 5 August 2013

When asking the taxi driver to take us to 'Maduzi' (Thai for come look and see) on Soi 16, we drove straight past it.

This very private 5 star hotel that won the Trip advisor award for excellence and has well and truly earnt it.

The privacy and intimacy of this hotel is truly magnificent. Lighting to set the scene, furnishing, extravagant but tasteful.

A bath that is something I have never seen before but will forever dream about/

Staff are willing to go above and beyond their duties to make your stay a life time experience.

Price was very reasonable - as it was quiet they were happy to accomodate a good deal.

I can recommend this hotel that it is of the highest calibre and I can not wait to return

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nurse Goody

I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Its bring me great joy that our effort is truly appreciated by our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Maduzi in your next visit to Bangkok.

Regards
Team Maduzi

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is family owned and run, rooms are extremely well equipped with fantastic showers and infinity baths espresso machines and full mini bars. A massive tv and DVD player. Excellent restaurant and bar service nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Khun Jonbon,

I am glad you have enjoyed our hotel. However, hopefully in your next visit I will be here personally to greet you.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Staying at Maduzi for 3 nights during my first trip to Bangkok with my best friend as a last single trip before her wedding. We were mainly there to shop and eat, but we want to stay at somewhere relaxing and luxurious without having to pay a lot for it (afterall, main reason was to shop). So boy, we are happy to find and experience Maduzi.

First of all, the interior are awesome and relaxing, the lobby, restaurant, room, even the elevator. We were immediately offered nice cold drinks during check in and escorted to our room (we made a reservation for studio 49). The room itself is spacious, with nice espresso machine, fax/printer that was ready and totally free, jacuzzi (we even used it to soak our tired feet sometimes), and free mini bar - as I requested extra water bottles, we were given total 5 bottles everyday, which is awesome.

Breakfasts were great too, although it's not a typical buffet breakfast I am used to at hotels, but the foods were a lot and all delicious (especially our Japanese style breakfast, my french toast and smoothie). Breakfasts were a lot fun for us, as the restaurant did not have many people, so things were quiet there, and we got to enjoy the morning to ourself.

Staffs were also very friendly and helpful, especially in giving advice, direction and recommendation - the service even started directly after reservation via internet was made months before our actual trip. They pay attention to little details that we do (they notice that we shop a lot - which is totally hilarious).

I would definitely come back again..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Khun Elsa,

Although I was not here to personally greeted you but I am glad to hear that my team able to service to the fullest. Please come back and visit us again. Our Thailand next sales is actually coming up in August, but then again in Bangkok every month that ended with the weekend they created the midnight sales extravaganza.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2013

In business the little things matter!
MADUZI HOTEL on Soi 16 Sukhumvit Rd Bangkok is perfect in every way!
I have stayed here four times now and it still has 7 star qualities!
The staff, the decor, the food, and the privacy is second to none..
I don't want to tell you to much as I don't want my favourite hotel booked out for my next stay!
Can't wait to return on my next visit to Bangkok

Room Tip: Highest floors are best
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Khun Franky Schuman,

Thank you very much we really looking forward to service you again when you next visit Maduzi.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my first 3 nights to cushion the blow of jet lag, etc.
Absolutely amazon hotel, best 5 star I have stayed in. Jacuzzi is like an infinity pool and fill from the ceiling; never seen a bigger nor more comfortBle bed in my life; service was just impeccable. Once got a call by accident at 9am- didn't even wake me up but then was offered complimentary breakfast- it hadn't bothered me at all but the gesture without my asking or being upset in any way shows the dedication to excellence. Extremely highly recommended. Only minor gripe is wifi access twice having blackouts, and was told was the area not the hotel, although access at Ten Sui (fantastic sushi restaurant down the road) was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Khun Devon,

We really appreciate the comment you have reviewed here. Please note that we have found the problem regarding the internet and the service provider had fixed it so that we get more juice out of the cable being at the end of the line. Now it has become more stable even though from time to time we see the some slowdown but total shutdown has not occur since they fixed the problem. Keep our fingers cross that the internet will continue to be good when you come to visit us in the future.

Team Maduzi