“Great Boutique Hotel!”
Review of Maduzi Hotel

Maduzi Hotel
Ranked #133 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I'm from New York and Los Angeles and have travelled to Bangkok, Thailand over 20 times. I know good accomodations and I have never felt compelled to write a review about a hotel until now. My stay at Ma Du Zi was so perfect that I want to do whatever I can to promote their business. Finally a hotel in Bangkok that really gets the fact that flights arrive and leave at all hours and don't adhere to strict check-in and check-out times. Ma Du Zi makes it convenient and will accomdate whatever times you need. I've stayed at many hotels on and around Sukhumvit and this location has been the best. It's within walking distance of Terminal 21 and the skytrain and MRT. Their bar and restaurant are perfect for meeting up before going out and their staff are helpful and friendly with all the professionaism of a big hotel and personaization of a small one. The room was totally modern and my favorite feature was the jet bathtub jacuzzi that flows water from the cieling! You will love it here! Once you walk through the gate, the hustle and bustle of Bangkok fades into the distance and you can let out a long relaxing breath.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd and 5th floors - both were great! They don't number the floors but are named...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave M
Maduzi, General Manager at Maduzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Khun Dave,

We are glad to be able to accommodate our guests early flights check in and late flights check out. I felt the same way when travel. We hope to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Maduzi Hotel

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Difficult to put into words the uniqueness and wonderfulness of this hotel. It is also a work of art, living art, with all the accouterments one could imagine and more. You have to visit the website, www.maduzihotel.com just to get an even limited view of what an experience at the Maduzi is like. If I had known how far away it was from Bangkok's popular areas I would not have booked the Maduzi. But, after an hour's taxi drive I arrived at a virtual oasis in this huge, busy city and was very glad I did have the good luck to discover it. The service is unbeatable and the design and detail of the facility is indescribable. After checking in I enjoyed a private in-room jacuzzi, viewed the news on the large flat screen tv, and slept in an oversized king (nearly twice the size of a king) with great soft pillows, comfortably firm mattress and a lightweight warm comforter larger and more soft than any I had ever seen or felt. Whoever designed and created this hotel deserves a special prize from the government of Thailand for innovation and creative genius.

Room Tip: Rooms run from M to I, the name of the hotel. The 6th floor is floor M, where mine was a corner room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn H

Dear Khun Glenn,

I am glad that our hotel could make up for the fact that we are in Central Sukhumvit Area. Sukhumvit Road is more of a shopping and restaurants part of town, more residential and a business offshoot from Central Business District. My recommendation for the location for historical attractions you will have to look at hotel in Rattanakosin Island, our old part of town. However, I am glad you enjoy our facilities and that next time if you are looking for a place to stay in Bangkok you would not overlook us.

Owner

Reviewed 26 November 2013

MA DU ZI actually means come take a look in Thai. We were there for two nights and the first sight that greeted us was the pretty Christmas decorations that brightened up the atmosphere when we first stepped into the hotel. Interesting touch points like the lift floors which are not in your usual number sequence...as to what it is, I will keep it a secret! The check in was swift and the staff who helped us with our luggage refused our tip as it was a policy (which was a pleasant surprise!). The bed in the Corner Suite was fantastically huge and had satin sheets! There was even a jacuzzi and even a walk-in wardrobe! Space is a rarity in most city hotels so we were bowled over by the size of the room. The breakfast menu was not your usual buffet spread but each meal was painstakingly prepared with care so you know that the hotel chef actually put some creative juices into the menu. Do not expect the usual breakfast buffet spread but quality and individually prepared...I ordered the same in two mornings! A pity we did not get a chance to have dinner but the French restaurant is listed in Thailand's Best Restaurants so it can't be wrong. Because the hotel is a small family run hotel, their staff are supposed to be all-rounders so some of the staff who served us breakfast had to also mend the front desk at some point. We were impressed with a particular staff at the front desk when we were asking for directions to a meeting destination. You could tell that he took pride in his job because of his personability. My girlfriend left her jacket behind and only discovered almost a week later. Never did we expect to get it back because of the label but to our utter surprise, the housekeeper had actually kept it for a week and we have made arrangements with the hotel on this. My girlfriend was elated. Ma du zi definitely deserves more than a look...it deserves your recommendation to your friends and family!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JellyPhish895

Dear Sir and Madame,

We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are trying to make all guests feel as comfortable as possible and we are happy that we have achieved this. Although it is probably Bangkok's best kept secret, we hope that you can help us spread the words about our little family run hotel.

Best Regards,
GM/Owner

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great small family run hotel with beds and bathrooms. Staff were really helpful ready to answer any questions and give good advice on Bangkok. Location is fantastic a short walk to the Sky train and Soi Sukumvit.
If you want a small friendly hotel this is the place.
Only one small comment is that we did find the rooms and public areas a little dark.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Khun Christopher,

Thank you very much for the review you have written. I will see to the darkness of the common area. Maybe in some area we could lit it up a little more.

General Manager/Owner

Reviewed 20 November 2013

It really was a charming little hotel, tucked away on a busy street, but perfectly located near the BTS and train station. If you're looking for a large hotel with a swimming pool and restaurant, this ain't your spot. It's small and boutique. Great service. The bed was like a triple king-size or something. I ended up sleeping horizontally across it. The jacuzzi was fabulous, in fact the whole bathroom area was gorgeous, and the room was very nicely designed. Free wireless. Clean. I liked that the 6 floors were M A D U Z and I. Sweet. It was a very nice experience. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quanster

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the lovely review you have written for us. We appreciate your thoughts and we are glad you have enjoyed our property.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Surrounded by high walls, the taxi driver didn't know the hotel and we almost missed it as we sat directly outside it's gates!! But this just makes Maduzi wonderful because once you are inside, it is hard to believe that just beyond the walls is all that Bangkok madness.

The reception staff were wonderful and attentive. The rooms were amazing - HUGE bed and lots of space to move around. Even a jacuzzi in each room. The hotel has a gym on the first floor but no swimming pool so if this is a preference for you, maybe look elsewhere.

I will recommend this place to all my friends visiting Bangkok now. I have not stayed in the Sukhumvit area before, but it was great. A train stop was 2 minutes away; Terminal 21 mall (which is fantastic for finding unique items by local Thai designers) is only 5 minutes away and a little further down the road is the Soi Cowboy district, if you feel ever so inclined.

A small hotel with so much to offer. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Khun Cathyee,

We glad that you have enjoyed the fun of Sukhumvit. I personally think it is the best street in town, full of restaurants, shoppings and other attractions.

We hope to welcoming your friend in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We spent a little under a week in Bangkok in two different hotels. We moved to the MaDuZi after 3 nights in a different hotel which was booked for business, and let me say the difference was striking.
Maduzi may be small, but what they lack in size they make up for with a high quality experience.
We got a chance to talk to the manager at the bar several times, and she was very helpful and interesting!
Our room was equipped with an espresso machine and an in-room fridge with water, juice and soda (which was refilled without question every day).
The bed was HUGE, though firm, it was comfortable. Plenty of lighting options in the room set a nice atmosphere.
The bathroom was well appointed and we especially appreciated the jet tub after long days walking around town.
The staff literally bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed, and stayed out of the way otherwise.
The rate we paid was reasonable, and I feel like we got more than we paid for in convenience and quality. Our rate included breakfast, and that was delicious and easy to acquire each morning.

Maduzi is easy to get to by public transport (airport link -> underground, or via skytrain from other locales in the city). The only problem is that taxi drivers will not know how to get to this hotel unless you give them a map, even if you give them an address (such is the nature of Bangkok taxis though).

The hotel is right around the corner from Terminal 21, the sky train, the underground and other shopping destinations. There's a great little restaurant and grocery in the tower next door, too (ask about Foodland).

When we were leaving, they let us check out super late for an early morning flight, and they even held our luggage while we got dinner. Then they called the taxi and told him where to go for us.

Great staff, great service. Would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again in the future, and I urge you to do so as well!

Room Tip: The deluxe room has a very nice bathroom!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Oranges13
Maduzi, Owner at Maduzi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you very much for a wonderful review. Going into the most busiest period for Bangkok we will try our best to keep up our attention to our guests even though sometimes very difficult to remember all of our guests. We hope to see you back again very soon and we are looking forward to serving you in the near future.

Owner