“Bangkoks best fishing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Bungsamran Fishing Resort
Ranked #543 of 1,192 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Guantánamo, Guantanamo, Cuba
“Bangkoks best fishing”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I always fish a day or 2 each trip , 3 + X a year for the past 9 years here and love it every time. I have fished all over Thailand and find the fun and fishing great each time , as it is catching really , but it always set the tone for a great trip and good time. I love fishing in Thailand as the rivers are fished very little and lakes (the ones you can fish in ) are always good.

Plan an over night stay as the morning and late afternoon are best and a good nap in the mid day with a massage is great, also getting a massage while you fish is a great plus.

Room Tip: Only a few real room & with bathrooms, but plan ahead and should not be an issue. Or deck sleepi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
York
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Myself and my Partner had a wonderful time fishing here, even being one of the only girls fishing i didn't feel out of place and our guide for the day was awesome and very friendly.

We caught a lot of fish easily 15 during the day, we also paid to stay over night and it was just perfect, simple amenities but that's all you need.

FOOD AMAZING!!!!! Tom Yum soup the Hottest and best soup we had while in Thailand. they delivered the food to our hut the service was fantastic.

I also liked the girls working in the shop and reception as she complimented me on arrival : ) lovely start to the day,

We will be back next year.

Kim & Tony - York England stayed Feb 6th

Room Tip: Just have fun
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissTudorRose
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

I fished at Bungsamran lake for one day with Siam Fishing Tours on my trip to Bangkok and lived every minute. From the moment I arrived I was shown straight to my private fishing villa where I stayed for the whole day. Food and drink was brought to me and my girlfriend had someone come and give her a massage while I fished. I have always wanted to catch a mOnster fish and although my biggest wasn't a world beater (it was 66lb) I was happy that I managed to catch 11 Mekong catfish. All in all this was one amazing day and I would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Andyspurs1985
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

If your into fishing & have a spare day in Bangkok & don't want to spend a bomb then this is the place.
Was a little difficult to find, however staff at the hotel were great in giving instructions to taxi driver. A map can be found on their website.
Trip took about 1 hour from Asok BTS station. Didn't book & lucky to arrive & not have too many other fishers. Fished the central pier with a guide for the day.
Price was very reasonable (<$AUD100) for the whole day & what a day. Got to the stage whereby i was happy to have used all the bait. These things just don't give up. They fight long & hard & really test your endurance. All up caught about 7 fish around the 40 pound size.
Checked out the bungalows before I left & these looked great if you had a larger group or wanted to stay overnight.
There is no need to hire a guide however would strongly recommend for anyone new to this style of fishing & the guide mixs the bait, baits the hook & casts the line. All you have to do is fight the fish.
Would highly recommend Bungsamaran to anyone keen on fishing (and giving your arms a real workout)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Maitlandboy
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I have read somewhere that you can actually do a DIY day fishing trip in Bungsamran Lake Resort. Being new to Thailand and not wanting to spoil the highlight of my partner’s trip, I decided to book this trip with a fishing organizer. Very happy that I did.

We were picked up at our hotel in Bangkok 5 minutes earlier than scheduled and arrived at the Resort about 30 minutes later. We were led to our own fishing cottage/platform just a few meters away from a very clean washroom. The fishing guide was already busy preparing the bait which seemed to be a ready mix of chicken feed then hand pressed into a ball.

My partner did the fishing while I took videos and pictures. It is true. You can catch a Mekong giant Catfish in BLR at a rate of 2 for every hour with each fish weighing no less than 30 lbs. My partner did. In fact, everyone who fished whether booked or DIY had a heyday.

Bungsamran Lake Resort has a restaurant, souvenir shop, fishing gear and equipment rental. I’m not sure about the costs because ours came in a package that included lunch and lots of iced cold water.

For anyone, family, friends, couples or singles…it is a truly wonderful experience. I did not actually fish but even a non fishing person can actually be entertained by simply being there and watching everybody have fun.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank up_sha
Thailand
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I was always looking for something new to do during my numerous visits to Bangkok on business. Bored with the usual facilties offered by regular hotels, I went in search of something that would afford me time to truly relax and escape the madness of Bangkok, at least whilst I returned to my room anyway!

Bungsamran Fishing Resort was just the ticket, it is first and foremost a world reknowned fishing venue, but has recently upgraded all it's facilities to include A/C Bungalows, with double and single beds, along with its bar's, cafe, restuarants, shops and other facilities it's now possible to stay on Bungsamran whilst in Bangkok on business, and unwind by side of a world class fishery!

This is something completely different to do in Bangkok and has renewed my ability to look forward to my stay in Thailand's capital!

• Liked — Unique in Bangkok
  • Disliked — Its basic, but clean
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Jfernandez