We chose this hotel based on the recommendation from a close friend. At first, we were a bit skeptic about the location. Reading from the map, it's at least a 10-15 minute walk to the Asok station and then another 3 stations by the BTS to the main shopping area.
But eventually we went ahead with the booking since we already knew the neighbourhood relatively well having stayed at the Westin before. It's a nice area full of good spa and massage places, Lavana, King and I just to name a couple.
When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised that the walk to the Asok BTS station was actually closer than we expected (5 minute or so). The room is nicely decorated, spacious and very clean but that comes with almost any 4-5 starred hotels in Bangkok. Breakfast buffet was included and it's okay.
Overall, we enjoyed our time here but nevertheless, it would be difficult to convince us to stay here again.
The room rate is about 30-40% higher than many other 4-5 starred hotels here. We can't understand the reason behind. It's not in a particularly nice area and definitely by no means luxurious.
Most Wifi connections are free in Bangkok nowadays but this hotel is still charging and it's not cheap!
While it's close to the BTS station, we would very much prefer any hotel right next to the shopping area. Courtyard Marriot, which is within walking distance to the Paragon, is equally comfortable but at least 30% cheaper at least. And if you can afford to splurge on hotel accommodations, try the Kempinski.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are travelling on business or for pleasure, Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit is distinctly a nomad's playground. Located in the heart of Sukhumvit and Bangkok's vibrant city centre, the stylish Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit provides upscale services adapted for the sophisticated traveller. Access to Bangkok's transport hubs and the city's must see sights are all on your doorstep. 325 spacious and beautifully designed rooms to the region's most dynamic upscale hotel brand. The hotel features a highly visible sail-shaped glass façade, a range of room styles from deluxe rooms to executive suites and a presidential suite as well as 2 restaurants, a deli lounge, a cocktail bar, outdoor pool, well-equipped gym and extensive spa. There are great facilities for functions or celebrations, with ten meeting rooms including a pillarless grand ballroom for up to 500 guests. Pullman is the upscale international hotel brand of AccorHotels, the world's leading hotel operator, present in 92 countries with over 3,700 hotels. The Pullman brand has really found its place in the hotel sector, striking the perfect balance between performance and enjoyment, business and leisure, with a focus on keeping guests connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok