“Great location and beautiful rooms!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit

Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #34 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location and beautiful rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Featuring a sail-like glass facade, the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok is conveniently located near Sukhumvit MRT Station (Blue Line). Just five minutes from Exit 2 of the Sukhumvit station, the five-star hotel boasts a great view of the Bangkok skyline (on higher floors) with a tasteful marriage of Thai-luxury and modern technology.

Getting to the Hotel
There are many ways one can get from the Airport to the hotel. You’d be tempted to arrange for an Airport Transfer with the hotel. My advice to you? Don’t. Last I checked, the hotel was charging ฿2,100 (approximately S$80) for a transfer – a BMW Series 5 nonetheless. Taking a public taxi might set you back ฿400 to ฿500 (approximately S$15 to $20) which sounds like a great deal (and it is for some cases) but here’s what you should do instead. If you do decide to take the public taxi, remember Sukhumvit is pronounced “Soo-koom-weet” instead of “Suck-harm-veet” despite your better judgement.

It is incredibly easy for you to get from the airport to the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel with the train system. It is way cheaper, faster (especially during peak hours) and more importantly, it’s almost hassle-free too! Taking the train from Suvarnabhumi Airport to the hotel will cost you ฿51 (approximately S$2) per person and it will take around 40 minutes. With that being said, it’s important to weigh your options especially if you’re carrying bulky luggage. I chose to go with the train since I only had one luggage and a small backpack. Besides, I was initially slightly concerned about getting ripped off my cab drivers as a tourist.

Steps from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Grand Millennium Sukhumvit (by Train)
Go to the Airport Rail Link station.
Buy a ticket to Makkasan Station on the SA City Line (฿35).
Exit Makkasan Station and walk to Phetchaburi Station (6-7 minutes walk) – don’t worry just follow the crowd and the clear signage along the way.
Buy a ticket from Phetchaburi Station to Sukhumvit Station (฿16).
Exit the next stop at Sukhumvit Station and look for Exit 2.
Walk to Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel (3-4 minutes walk) – you’ll be able to recognise the hotel from afar.
Congratulations, you have just paid 40 times lesser than what the hotel charges for Airport Transfer (and probably saved time on travelling too)!

Hotel Check-in
Juriat assisted me with the hotel check-in procedures. Remember to your passport handy (for you and your guests) and a valid credit card for incidentals. I personally prefer using an American Express issued credit card since they are generally quite good at resolving any conflicts should there be any fraudulent claims but you know what people on the internet say, YMMV (your mileage may vary)! After Juriat went through my room benefits and how I can access the complimentary internet, I was escorted to my room by another helpful staff member.

The Room (Grand Deluxe King)
The Grand Deluxe King (38 sqm) is similar to the Deluxe King rooms except that it is located on higher floors and it has a couple of other privileges. My room came with some complimentary items from the minibar – soft drinks and beers.
An elephant made from a bath and hand towel was placed in the room. Towel art seems to be rather popular in Thailand but it doesn’t do much for me honestly. The room was spacious and it came furnished with a TV with satellite channels, basic coffee and tea making facilities and a really impressive long bath (more on this later!).

Complimentary drinking water and a fruit platter were also provided in the room. Tropical fruits such as rambutan and mangosteen were also displayed on the platter.

For those on a business trip or simply those who enjoy working during your vacation, there is a sizeable work desk and some connectivity options for you to get things done. The room service menu on the table also seemed pretty decent and the prices were reasonable (approximately S$15-20 for a main). I did not get to try out the room service since I was busy stuffing myself with street food.

The Bathroom
Amenities in my Grand Deluxe Room were provided branded by the hotel itself so there was nothing too exciting there. Basic hygiene amenities including toothpaste, toothbrush, razor and the works were also prepared by the hotel. The standalone bath was separated from the rain shower and there are two entrances to the bathroom. What really impressed me in this bathroom is the length of the bathtub – I could barely touch the other end of the tub with my toes.

The bathroom was also furnished with Integrated speakers so you are able to watch some television without leaving the bath.

Hotel Surroundings
Opened in October 2011, Terminal 21, designed like an airport terminal brings several world-famous cities under one roof. With over 600 shops, a Gourmet Market and plenty of shopping to be done, Terminal 21 is conveniently located across the road from the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit hotel. In the morning, there are some street vendors selling fried chicken which I personally cannot resist – go out there and explore this place a little!
If you’re trying to get from the hotel to Chatuchak for the weekend market, you can take the Blue Line from Sukhumvit to either Chatuchak Park or Kamphaeng Phet (which is actually nearer to the market) – they are about ten stops away. If you wish to get to Siam, you can walk to Asok station (Green Line) from the hotel which is approximately 5-7 minutes stroll away.

The Grand Millennium Sukhumvit is located in a great location that is easy to get around especially if you do take the train. Best Available Rate is at ฿6100 (approximately S$240) before taxes but there are many promotions that are currently running! The Weekends Away rate reduces BAR to only ฿4270 (approximately S$170) before taxes.
While a single night at this property may not come cheap (relative to other accommodation options in Bangkok), its location and beautiful facade offers more than just a place to rest your head after a long day out. Besides, I can’t emphasize on the importance of a good soak after spending an entire day out in the sun. Don’t just take my word for it – come try this property out for yourself and make your next Bangkok vacation a memorable one!

Full Review (with photos): http://theshutterwhale.boardingarea.com/2014/07/27/hotel-review-grand-millennium-sukhumvit-bangkok/

Room Tip: Pick a high floor to get the skyline view of Bangkok
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Shutterwhale
GMSBangkok, General Manager at Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Markcwj,

Greetings from The Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.
What a nice review and thank you for sharing such a nice experience. We are very thankful for your detailed review and kind compliments!
We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.

Thomas G. Christiansen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my second stay at this place and was very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and service is very good. The hotel is relatively new, hence fixtures and amenities are in good shape. Internet WIFI speed was quite good.

The beef, mutton and chicken served in this hotel is Halal certified, which is a big relief and welcome sign for muslims traveling to Bangkok. It is one of the very few 5 star hotels in Bangkok that offers halal food.

Areas to improve would be the LCD TVs in the room are quite old and picture quality not so great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Javed15
Dear Javed15,
Greetings from The Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.
Thanks so much for your feedback.
We are delighted that you enjoyed Grand Millennium Sukhumvit and love even more to hear that the staff was very friendly, good service and your satisfaction on our meals provided.
Appreciated on your feedback on our TV and the reception which we are on process of upgrading both hardware and the reception and hope you will enjoy more on your next visit.

We hope you’ll have the opportunity to visit Bangkok again soon.

Thank you once again for your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We (me, my mother and sister) stayed here for one night and we upgraded to the club lounge. Club lounge includes 30 minutes of complimentary massage and breakfast. The check-in and check-out at club lounge was quick and efficient. We stayed on the 24th floor. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Service at the hotel was prompt and friendly. The hotel is very close to Terminal 21 and the train station - about 10-15 walk. I believe the hotel offers complimentary tuk tuk service to the train station. Breakfast was at the restaurant on level 2 - there was a good selection of food ranging from Thai, Japanese, Indian and Western. The food was delicious. We had a great stay at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ayql28
GMSBangkok, General Manager at Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Aygl28,

Greeting from The Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience with us. Your comments are very important for us in ensuring that we provide the best level of service to our guests, such as yourself.

We are very pleased to read your review and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. Many thanks.

Please rest assured that we are committed to providing the highest level of services and facilities to our guests for which the Grand Millenniums Sukhumvit is renown. Do contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Location is pretty good, about a 5min walk from Sukhumvit MRT and Asok BTS stations. Terminal 21 across the road means you can get some last minute shopping done. Gym is very decent as well. On the same side of the road there's also a 7-11 for convenience. To have the MRT and BTS station a stone's throw away makes it a very accessible place. Because the main entrance doesn't face the road, some taxis may find it a hard to locate the hotel, at which time you should just tell them it's opposite Terminal 21, or near "Cowboy Soi".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank imelv1979
Dear Imelv1979,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Booked 1 free night using Amex card and extended 2 nights with free upgrade voucher. Hotel upgraded all 3 nights instead. Nice gesture. Staff eager to please when they see you lug heavy bags. Greeted and smile at you whenever you see them. Good command of English. We asked for extra bed but there was not enough in room slippers. Also one afternoon there was power trip for close to 15 mins. How can this happen in a 4 - 5 star hotel? No back up generator. Mum was in bedroom pitch dark. She almost fell. Almost on top of 3 nights room rate, each night I need to make addition 1000 Bhat deposit which I think is uncalled for having stay in many hotels, they never do this. Hope they really cancel the deposit charge as I have paid for my stay with another card.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Patrick G
Dear Patrick G,

Greeting from The Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

Many thanks for your comments. I am surprised to read about your power cut experience but thank you to share with us. During the rainy season then we do have powers cuts all over Bangkok. The longest we have registered is two minutes and we do have backup generators for the hotel which start maximum 12 seconds after the cut. I will definitely look into this matter. Thank you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel with good service. Room is big, clean, comfy and bed is very good - had a very nice stay. Location is very good - easy walk to MRT, BTS and Terminal 21 shopping center. Staff offer very good and hospitality service - always make you feel welcome

Pool and gym, however, is a bit small. Would be nice is they have a bigger size pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kootraveller
Dear Kootraveller,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good location and near to BTS and MRT line (public transport), great customer service, excellent gym facilities but the swimming pool is a bit small though I don't swim.The room is spacious and clean.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jason L
Dear Jason L

Greeting from The Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

Many thanks for your comments, very much appreciated. We do hope to see you back.