“Holiday in Thailand”

Ranked #349 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Holiday in Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Checked in 9/2/14 staff are pleasant & helpfull & rooms are modern & situated in a quiet location.. On nut skytrain is a 10 minute walk, big c & 7/11 store is a few minutes walk from hotel.. No problem bringing a guest back to stay at hotel either, could do with a swimming pool on roof but the hotel is value for money & I'd stay again when visiting Bangkok...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carl L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

It does what it says. The rooms are small but clean. Everything works - air con, wifi. There is even a little fitness center, which doesn't have much equipment but better than nothing. There is a Big C department store next to it. It's a 5 minute walk to Onnut BTS.

Overall, good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shivarising
Mae Sot, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am actually too angry to write this right now, I will have to come back to it another time. I have never felt so let down by staff at a hotel. The rooms are great. The staff are the opposite.
I was insulted, charged more money, refused the rate I paid on the internet. Crazy!
When I asked to change to another room because I was under a lot of noisy machinery on top of the hotel the receptionist looked at me and said angrily 'why didn't you tell me earlier?' - I was out earlier. Then she didn't look at me again and just handed me another card.
I have been staying Thailand for 5 years now in hotels - take my advice, do not visit this hotel. I usually try to be positive and was in my only other review on this website, I don't want people to lose business, but there has to be a level of kindness and service, especially if you are not at fault.
The afternoon receptionist, as I saw in another review, is really very bad. Her attitude and work ethic ruin a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank crbrowne_11
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We really enjoyed our time here, We did have a challenge originally finding it however once we knew where it was it was close to On Nut station. Best option is to google it before you go and print of instructions.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them even down to printing documents we required.

We did not have breakfast included but did dine at the café. The food was reasonably priced and freshly cooked. Good coffee as well.

The room was clean and well set out with everything we needed for our stay, a dvd player being a bonus. The bathrooms are a little small but well designed and in reality you only go in there for short periods of time.

We really like the area it is situated, not a lot of tourists and lots of local food stalls.

We found for what we paid it was good value and would return again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michele_6169
Pathum Thani
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

On Oct. 20th of last year, I have lauded this hotel in high remarks and gave them a 5-star rating, which was well deserved at that time. Booked 3 nights via Agoda this January 2014 to spend a few nights there. This was in process with my relocation, so our luggage was a bit bulky (several cardboard boxes, travel bags and 3 suitcases, 3 carry-ons). The afternoon check in lady at the reception insisted on us upgrading to their larger room and appeared to be unwilling to do this upgrade at a reasonable price. We were charged almost double the Agoda-rate for the regular room. Bangkok just had been issued a emergency decree due to the riots, cancellations ruled the hotel-scene. This was the 1st day of emergency laws applied.
Room given was # 318, this room had a little extra space, but to my surprise that wasn't used. Excess baggage was put away in a storage room on the ground floor! The room had no extra amenities or upgrades, other than a tad more floorspace. A bulky old style TV seemed of ancient technology and was a standard here anyhow. Bathroom appeared as small as the regular rooms offer. As a walking incapacitated person I also really appreciated the extra distance, being put up in the furthest room from the elevator.

A second room key was demanded, as my small kid and wife spend the days outdoors shopping or going to a playground, while I was working online. This wish couldn't be handled, as the duty receptionist kept ignoring the request. I had to walk on crutches from the furthest possible point from the room-door to let them in, negotiating dividers in the room and furniture. The afternoon receptionist wasn't willing to help at all - electronic access-cards are programmable anywhere, but here!

Breakfast was included but lost all the previously enjoyed quality and selection. Obvious non-guests (chauffeurs, staff) occupied the larger (family-suited) tables all by themselves, reading the hotel newspaper and slurping coffees. We were actually forced to squeeze on a tiny 2-person table with our 4-year old child to have breakfast - a nightmare in itself. Only on check-out day, we had a regular sized place available for us.

These dudes need to upgrade their service quality badly, for the requested prices alternatives in the immediate vicinity offer larger and better equipped rooms. Paying over 2.000 Baht per night, flat-screen TVs become a must-have, not an option anymore in this city!

The staff, except that female boss-receptionist with the greedy attitude to overcharge, was friendly, WiFi worked o.k. The warm water feed needs to be upgraded, as it took about 15 minutes of running time, until warm water reached the shower daily.

Room Tip: Better check the "Best Western" Klassique around the corner, better equipped rooms at a lo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank abstinent
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, very clean and bright rooms, and wonderful bathrooms. Breakfast is average. Good location near one of the Sky train stations (On Nut), from where you can easily go 'downtown' and see all the important sights, or take a boat ride on the river. Helpful staff.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Eva B
Thane, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

as we entered this place...i thought it had a speciality of all bedrooms then i came to know there are various types of bedrooms as per your requirements
has a good and aromatic food beverages
moneyiwse awesome