Open today: 20:00 - 22:15

from US$98.11
from US$109.36
from US$94.31
More Info
All reviews wat arun lit up at night boat sights river taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2019

We booked this cruise after reading reviews on tripadvisor and it looked much more of a dining experience than the huge buffet style cruises that operate along the river (see photos). From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. We walked past huge noisy queues waiting to board the larger cruises and arrived at our dock where a member of staff gave us a very friendly welcome and invited us to choose our drinks from a menu before we boarded. We then boarded and were pleased to see that ALL tables were along the sides of the boat so you got a good view wherever you were seated. We estimated the boat sat maybe 30 people whereas the larger dinner cruise boats were huge double decker things which looked like they seated more like 300!

The cruise lasts about 2 hours and is perfectly timed for the meal to be served at a relaxed pace. There is also a stop at Wat Arun which is lit up at night and a photographer invites all tables to get a photo taken with that in the background. As a tourist I naturally assumed that this would be an item that you purchased at the end of the night if you wished, but it was given as a complimentary gift with the bill which I thought was a nice touch.

Food - the food surpassed expectations. Generally dinner cruise type nights, the food is not fantastic but this was honesty first class and the amount of food was also substantial. (Photos of food and menu attached to this review) - yes you get everything on that menu!

Service - absolutely first class! All the waiting staff are extremely professional and friendly and some of the best service we have had anywhere. Another nice touch was at the end of the night the waitress asked who needed a taxi home and took us to the car park area and made sure we were all in taxis which was nice.

Ambience - the boat is very dimly lit with nice thai style music playing quietly; in stark contrast to the bright neon lit 'party boats' with load music playing.

My only criticism would be the price of the wine! The wine is very expensive from what I am used to in uk restaurants (I think our bottle was around 3,000thb (about £75) but others on the menu were considerably more expensive. I think the wine pricing could be reduced so you don't feel you are being ripped off on the drinks when everything else is so great; however this did not stop me giving this review 5 stars as the overall dining experience was fantastic.

We would recommend this cruise to anybody who doesn't mind paying a bit more for a much more intimate experience. One of the best nights we had in Bangkok......and for anybody thinking of proposing to their girlfriend or boyfriend while in Bangkok.....worth a consideration ;-)

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

There are many dinner boat trips in Bangkok on the Choi Phraya river, most of which are a buffet and a very large boat. If you want a classy affair then this is the one for you. Very well organised, staff are amazing, food is excellent and the trip is just long enough. Would thoughoully recommend it!!!

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank ColinRG65
Reviewed 30 March 2019 via mobile

We requested vegan menu for 2 and the food was amazing. But some of the dishes were too spicy even we chose ‘mild’ when they asked how spicy we could take.

The staff was attentive and very knowledgeable about what they’re serving.

Not recommended in hot and rainy season as there’s no air conditioning and I can imagine how stuffy it could be. But if you happen to be in Bangkok during cool season, it will be a great experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2019

After seeing all the neon-clad buffet party boats arriving and departing the piers we were really glad to have booked a quiet, relaxing cruise with a served meal.

The experience and the food were excellent. They ask how spicy you like it and any allergies at the start, and even if you don't like a couple of the dishes there is plenty for of variety that you won't be hungry. The staff were happy to take photos using our own camera, and using theirs (set up properly) of us with Wat Arun in the background, which they gave us a complimentary print and emailed the digital version too.

The only down side was the price of drinks which was RIDICULOUS. One small beer and fruit juice cost £15. I can understand a bit of markup since it's served etc, but there's NO justification to charge that much, it's simply price gouging. I would've liked to relax and have a couple of drinks with dinner but it's not possible at those prices, and it did put a damper on the evening having to make 1 drink last. Well, at least the menu does have prices on it so you know what you're getting into but there's really no budget option. We sneaked in a bottle of water and drank it when the waiters weren't looking - felt like teenagers sneaking cider into the cinema.

Reviewed 26 March 2019 via mobile

After looking at some cool night activities in Bangkok for my mom and I after sightseeing I came across the idea of a dinner cruise. At first I was apprehensive because I had read about various cattle car type of basic dinner cruises on the
River. I liked the idea of eating on a boat and having a nice relaxing night on the river but not on a Commerical large boat with more people than I would care to dine with on more than likely mediocre food.
Well, look no further the Aspara by Banyan tree dinner cruise will not disappoint and was a perfect answer to my dilemma and my wish to also visit the long time staple of Banyan tree hotel and or dining experience.
When we arrived at the pier I was so relieved to see our beautiful wooden intimate boat amongst droves of people loading onto large cruises like I mention above. The boat was visually lovely and from the moment we were greeted by the hostess prior to boarding our drink orders were taken so we would have them ready upon setting sail. Nice touch.
The staff was above and beyond! I mean this as my mom who I was traveling with is a VERY picky eater and does like “spicy” food and by spicy I mean if the tiniest bit of pepper touches her food she will not eat it.
The team went out of their way to tailor the menu, and chef even came to our table to deliver her more of one of the items she did like.
Additionally at one point due to the boat rocking the manager accidentally was next to a wine glass I was halfway done with spilling it on me. It was only white wine and didn’t leave any stain and I was totally fine BUT the manager brought me over a brand new fresh glass. They were all so attentive the entire time and seeing the city at night was great. The food was fanstastic and a great value for what we got which was a wonderful multi course meal and cruise! I would highly recommend this!