Open today: 20:00 - 22:15

from US$98.11
from US$109.36
from US$94.31
More Info
All reviews wat arun lit up at night boat sights river taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

I was travelling with my family and 70 year old mum and was looking for a comfortable, well paced cruise experience with good service.

Banyan Tree did all of this and all. Will like to commend the manager and staff who took care of us on the night of 2 May 19.

We were not hotel guests of Banyan Tree but opted for the complimentary shuttle service from.hotel to the River City Pier. As mentioned, mum is 70 years old. I did not want to be lost at the Pier with no clue where the meeting point was. Having the shuttle service assuaged my fears.

As we arrived early, the staff recommend us to visit Banyan Tree's famous Vertigo and Moon bar, as we were just in time for the beautiful sunset in Bangkok. Highly recommended to weave in a visit to the bar either before or after the cruise. The views are amazing.

Boarding the cruise was a breeze due to the relatively smaller group (about 50pax) , as compared to the large and rowdy groups on other cruises. The manager sent someone in charge of security to help guide my mum, who is mobile but a little slow, up the boat.

The dining experience is enjoyable and the cruise pace was not too fast. We could relax and dine in comfort as food was served to us. Prior to boarding, we had indicated our meal preferences of less spicy, and it was delivered well to us. There were dedicated wait staff assigned to each table and we also had our assigned tables - reducing any conflict or confusion to scramble for a good seat.

All the tables face the window, which is a plus ensuring unobstructed views. The boat route goes around, so it doesn't matter which side you are seated. Throughout the dinner, wait staff were attentive and acceded to our requests to take photos. They took note of little details to make sure mom was comfortable, including giving her a little stool for her bag and giving us some complimentary drinks after noticing that she doesn't take alcohol. Food was tasty and plentiful, with options for refill. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and stress-free experience.

One key highlight is the stop at Wat Arun for pictures. I don't think there is a similar service elsewhere. The photo taking is well-organised and photos are taken by the staff and given to you as a souvenir, which is a nice touch that capped off a wonderful night.

After disembarking, the crew went the extra mile to help book taxis for those that are leaving off from there and there was return transport back to Banyan Tree for the rest of us.

Overall, it was an amazing experience that we really enjoyed, a good part of it was due to it being so well organised and executed, but the other part had to do with the impeccable service provided by the staff, who worked to take care of us tirelessly the whole night through. The added care given to my mom was also much appreciated and to that I am grateful.

I have already recommended this cruise to my other friends who are planning to bring their families with young and elderly along.

Thank you Banyan Tree and the manager and staff on the night of 2 May 19 who took care of us (Table 15).

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank PeiyunW9
Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

This was by far the best dinner cruise in Bangkok. If you’re looking for a romantic dinner cruise, this is the boat. The other cruises were large boats mostly filled with Chinese tourist, buffet style dinners. But this boat was a small boat so they were able to pay attention to every detail and cater to everyone. Each dish that was brought to our table was beautiful and delicious. Stopped in front of a temple so that each couple could take a photo. The only thing i didn’t care for were for the drink prices but I could over look it because everything else was perfect. Highly recommended and could come back to do this again!

Reviewed 15 April 2019

Booked this as it seemed to be the best of the cruises I'd researched, and I wasn't wrong.
My wife and I really enjoyed the fantastic meal and service provided.
There were about 20 or so people aboard, we all had our own tables which made it that little bit more intimate, especially as having seen some of the other boats leave with a couple of hundred on board.
Great views all along the cruise and a lovely picture taken and included of each couple/group with the Wat Arun Temple all lit up as the back drop.
The 5 course meal was fantastic, they ask if you want it spicy (really good and just right) or mild also vegetarian option available.
I can only say if you're planning a night dinner cruise on the Chao Phraya river this is the one to go for.

3  Thank Rick R
Reviewed 10 April 2019

We booked this cruise after reading reviews on tripadvisor and it looked much more of a dining experience than the huge buffet style cruises that operate along the river (see photos). From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. We walked past huge noisy queues waiting to board the larger cruises and arrived at our dock where a member of staff gave us a very friendly welcome and invited us to choose our drinks from a menu before we boarded. We then boarded and were pleased to see that ALL tables were along the sides of the boat so you got a good view wherever you were seated. We estimated the boat sat maybe 30 people whereas the larger dinner cruise boats were huge double decker things which looked like they seated more like 300!

The cruise lasts about 2 hours and is perfectly timed for the meal to be served at a relaxed pace. There is also a stop at Wat Arun which is lit up at night and a photographer invites all tables to get a photo taken with that in the background. As a tourist I naturally assumed that this would be an item that you purchased at the end of the night if you wished, but it was given as a complimentary gift with the bill which I thought was a nice touch.

Food - the food surpassed expectations. Generally dinner cruise type nights, the food is not fantastic but this was honesty first class and the amount of food was also substantial. (Photos of food and menu attached to this review) - yes you get everything on that menu!

Service - absolutely first class! All the waiting staff are extremely professional and friendly and some of the best service we have had anywhere. Another nice touch was at the end of the night the waitress asked who needed a taxi home and took us to the car park area and made sure we were all in taxis which was nice.

Ambience - the boat is very dimly lit with nice thai style music playing quietly; in stark contrast to the bright neon lit 'party boats' with load music playing.

My only criticism would be the price of the wine! The wine is very expensive from what I am used to in uk restaurants (I think our bottle was around 3,000thb (about £75) but others on the menu were considerably more expensive. I think the wine pricing could be reduced so you don't feel you are being ripped off on the drinks when everything else is so great; however this did not stop me giving this review 5 stars as the overall dining experience was fantastic.

We would recommend this cruise to anybody who doesn't mind paying a bit more for a much more intimate experience. One of the best nights we had in Bangkok......and for anybody thinking of proposing to their girlfriend or boyfriend while in Bangkok.....worth a consideration ;-)

Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

There are many dinner boat trips in Bangkok on the Choi Phraya river, most of which are a buffet and a very large boat. If you want a classy affair then this is the one for you. Very well organised, staff are amazing, food is excellent and the trip is just long enough. Would thoughoully recommend it!!!

2  Thank ColinRG65