“Awesome hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Bangkok King Power

Pullman Bangkok King Power
Ranked #67 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is in an area away from most of the city highlights but is close to the BTS skytrain and airport rail link. It is set back from the main road and has more of a resort feel with a very large pool and tranquil coy pond courtyard. As a gold member I was upgraded to one of the executive floors. The executive benefits are good with the unusual addition of an item of laundry per day. The lounge breakfast does not have large range and I would recommend having it instead in the main restaurant with a full range on offer despite it being very busy. The executive lounge is spacious enough provides evening cocktails from 5 to 7 where there are a couple of hot food options and a selection of just OK sushi offered every day. The rooms are large and well appointed making this a very good option for the city and great value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank PC_UKLondon
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear PC_UKLondon

Thank you very much for your review as well as for your patronage being our gold member. We are happy to know that you liked our large room and swimming pool and that your stay was up to your expectations.

We are also appreciative of your comments regarding our lounge breakfast. It is a privilege of guests staying on our Executive Floor having options for breakfast either at our Executive Lounge or at our main restaurant Cuisine Unplugged. At breakfast time, guests can either enjoy the panoramic Bangkok city view in our quiet and serene lounge on 20th floor or a wider breakfast buffet at our main restaurant. Nevertheless, while offering a big drink list at our lounge, I have taken note regarding our food offerings for future improvement.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to Pullman Bangkok King Power soon and in the interim, wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Bangkok for leisure and have always stayed at the Sukosol, which is around the corner from the Pullman, but after a disappointing stay at the Sukosol recently I decided to try the Pullman because I really like the neighbourhood. I was pleasantly surprised!

Arrived late (about midnight) after a flight from HK. Had been at work all day before the flight so I really appreciated the quick and efficient check-in. We had a garden view room, which is in a different wing to the other rooms. The room was spacious, modern and comfortable. Lovely bathroom with separate bath tub and shower. Being so tired, my companion and I immediately fell asleep and missed the breakfast (buffet was included in our room rate, but we had also missed the room service time). No problem, the polite and helpful staff member on the phone let me order room service breakfast, even though it was past the scheduled time. This is great service, and I am sure travellers coming from different time zones would really appreciate this. Ate breakfast overlooking the beautiful garden view, which has a pond with lillypads and carp. Living in Hong Kong, such a frenetic urban environment, it was very special and relaxing for me to feel like I was in a resort as I ate my breakfast. The quality of the food was outstanding-- I had the Japanese breakfast, while my companion had the healthy breakfast. Both were delicious, huge servings and they remembered to include all the required condiments. Tea is fresh leaf tea served in a plunger. Just divine and a great start to a weekend away! Had the buffet on the second morning. It was decent, but so busy that I would prefer to spend the extra money and enjoy a relaxing, slow and peaceful breakfast in my room.

I used the spa twice. The first time was for the most relaxing manicure and pedicure I've ever had. Normally this is something I endure. At the Pullman spa, I lay on a heated massage table, with eyeshades to encourage me to relax, while two gentle therapists went about their work. It was wonderful. The second day, I had a facial-- this was OK, but if it wasn't at a promotional rate I would have been disappointed. The therapist left the room while I had the face mask-- at a high-end spa they should stick around and do a head, hand or foot massage while the mask does its thing, not take a break.

The pool is great. Lovely cocktails, and unlike one reviewer, I love the fact that it's not too sunny because Thailand's sun is strong and I don't want to get burnt. One major criticism-- the non-smoking sun lounges are between the two smoking sections. Firstly, it is ridiculous to allow smoking in the first place-- it's a health hazard and I don't think people who willingly engage in this digusting habit have more rights than people who don't. Secondly, to place the non-smoking lounges in between the two, well what's the point? Ridiculous. This is something the hotel seriously needs to look into.

On the topic of smoking-- we were on a non-smoking floor but on our way back from dinner could smell the stench of cigarettes as we approached our room. One of our neighbours was obviously smoking and the smell had seeped into our room. It was handled well by the staff-- quickly investigated and our room was sprayed. This hotel gets a lot of tour groups from this part of the world, especially due to the duty free complex attached. I was worried about being disturbed by misbehaving mainlanders, but fortunately that didn't happen. I'm sure if there were any hassles, the staff would be very helpful, based on their handling of the smoking guest.

My favourite part of this hotel was definitely the beautiful garden view-- it really does feel like a resort in the middle of the city. Sorry, Sukosol, but I think I have a new favourite hotel in Bangkok. Looking forward to my next stay at the Pullman King Power.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank bimdonesia
Dear bimdonesia

Thank you for the detailed and genuine feedback on your stay. We were glad to hear that every moment of your stay at Pullman Bangkok King Power was great and that you will come back to stay with us.

It is our aim and intent to provide our guests with the personalized service and to show our utmost care to ensure that our guest stay is hassle-free and our services match their needs. We know you have many choices here! As you can appreciate, each day we look for ways to delight our guests and to ensure that we offer a memorable experience. Your note gives us even greater aspiration to excel in this area.

We have also taken note of your feedback regarding smoking policy and will review for its public health engagement and practicality.

We look forward to making another lovely stay for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me via: fom@pullmanbangkokkingpower.com if I can assist you in any way.

Best regards,

Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Location is good, near hotel metro station, just few stops to Siam paragon and central world. Can't say anything bad about staff, we arrived earlier than check in time, but front desk staff give us room without any problem, in room nothing special, furniture a bit old, but bed very comfortable. Breakfast was very good, big choice and quality of food also good...

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sergie25
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Sergei P

Thank you for choosing our Pullman Bangkok King Power as your accommodation choice as well as the time taken to share your comments with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast and swimming pool and even more so to hear about the outstanding service you received from our staff. Nothing makes us prouder than receiving such comments about our colleagues.

We are also appreciative of your comments regarding our room condition and have taken note for future improvement.

We would like to extend our warm wishes for the upcoming holiday season and would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

See you soon !!