“One of the best hotels in Bangkok”

Pullman Bangkok King Power
Ranked #70 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is the 6 th strait summer we stayed at the Pullman King Power hotel in Bangkok and
continue to be very satisfied again.
Every time we arrived in this hotel its feels like coming home again.

The executive rooms are wonderful and great value for money, with personalised check-in
free wi-fi and use of the Club Lounge, with free cocktails & canapes between 5 and 7 p.m.
The staff in the Executive Lounge is very professional and very friendly.

Our special thanks go to the fronddesk of the Executive Lounge, Miss Tee Sattbush and
Kuhn Sakdapol Thongjan.

We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Marc M

Thank you for your review and we appreciate you sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and especially enjoyed the personalised service of our staff. Our crew at Executive Lounge was especially happy to see their names standing out for the service they delivered and I must say that we are very proud of the entire team.

From all of us here at Pullman Bangkok King Power, it was our greatest pleasure to have been able to serve you here and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,266)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 June 2014

One of the better hotels in this region of Bangkok. Overall good breakfast, also in executive lounge. Good gym but no sauna or steam room. Near Victory monument and it's hustle and bustle in evenings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
pullmanbangkok, Front Office Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear FashionFish

We are very glad that we could impress you with our Pullman Bangkok King Power. I am glad that you considered spending time with us is an excellent value for money.

We were glad that we could provide the service you expected of us. We also loved to hear that you enjoyed the offerings and services presented by our Executive Lounge.

We look forward to have you with us again and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed early May as we where in bangkok for 4 days, I thought this hotel was great, no problems what so ever lovely rooms very quiet just what you needed after hours of sightseeing!!

The only issue I had was we said yes to a smoking room not realising it didn't have windows, it wasn't the nicest smelling room in the world due to this, I would rather have gone non smoking (as I didn't smoke in it with it feeling a bit suffocating and I only really have an odd one) so the smoking rooms and floors are for the hardened smokers only!

Breakfast was amazing loads to choose from so you wouldn't go hungry at all!
We didnt eat anything else in the hotel as we where out and about apart from one afternoon we decided to go for a swim but the drinks and snacks where ridiculously priced so we didnt go back to the pool.

There is a little shuttle that the hotel own and put on from the main door (for free) which take you to the skytrain station (which was great for getting about)

All in all would probably stay somewhere different next time, maybe next to the river but thats just our choice for what we would want to be nearer to, although you can get around for tuktuks for next to nothing!!

Enjoy!!!

Oh and don't do what we did we pre-orded a taxi with the hotel to pick us up from the airport we got charged a ridiculous price, £25 one way with them! on the way back we go our own and it was £3!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear StAnnes-on-sea

Thank you for taking the time to review our Pullman Bangkok King Power and appreciate your great comment about your stay here.

I am glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and especially enjoyed the extensive variety of our breakfast offering.

On airport transfer subject, it is good to have a hotel limousine prepared and waiting for you prior to your departure time; however, a public taxi is another economical option which our team can assist in calling one for you.

We know you have many choices here in Bangkok and we appreciate you having selected us. We really look forward to have you with us again in the near future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for just over two weeks during a training programme. Ok, food from any place can stale after that many meals, but honestly, the kitchens at this place managed to keep it fresh and reasonably varied. The staff were consistently pleasant and helpful, even late at night or early in the morning (particularly then!). The conference facilities were modern and accessible, the foyer was aesthetically pleasing, and there may well be a cunning 'in joke' hidden in plain sight on one wall - see if you can see it! The pool is a welcome antidote to long hours in training, and a good place for cold beers. The location is close enough to get to everywhere reasonably quickly, but not so close in to the centre to be too hectic, and the sky train right outside makes getting around cheap and safe (although I never got around to using it, colleagues tell me that is the case...). Perfectly good hotel for what was a pretty long stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Spiceoflives

Thank you for your review of our Pullman Bangkok King Power. I am glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and especially enjoyed our convenient location, the surrounding atmosphere, the personalised service of our staff and the freshness and extensive variety of our food offering. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok and we hope that you will keep us in mind as your hotel of choice whether for business or leisure needs.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel only last week and had the awful experience of finding large cockroaches in the room. The first night I found a large one in the bathroom and someone came to remove it and assured me that they had found the source (under the bath) and they had dealt with the problem. Based on this information we stayed in the room and were given free breakfast for ourselves and another couple that we were on holiday with.

The next night (our last night) we came across another large one in the bathroom and called reception again to come and deal with the problem. This time they didn't arrive quickly and during the 20 minutes that I waited another one was spotted! As you can imagine we were pretty hysterical at this point. We were packing for our flight home the next day so were panicing that they had gotten into our luggage too. We were moved into another room at 1.30am and had a restless night as we were slightly paranoid.

The hotel was nice but the cockroaches and the lack of decent pest control within the hotel. I would not come back. What made things worse is that we were on the fourth floor (417) so I'm guessing that the pests have had to come from the ground and they have a restaurant on the ground floor. I am advising you all to stay away. This isn't a nice problem to deal with on holiday and it did make our stay that less enjoyable. If it was possible to put a 0/5 then I would but TripAdvisor requires a minimum rating of 1.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank shellkixass
pullmanbangkok, Manager at Pullman Bangkok King Power, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear shellkixass,

Pease accept my most sincere apologies for that very annoying incident that have clearly ruined your stay in our property.

Of course, we have taken that issue very seriously and a series of immediate actions have been decided: we have closed the concerned area; our pest control company has already conducted a detail audit and treatment of our building as their weekly routine has clearly been deficient.

If you read the other guest comments posted on Tripadvisor or some other website you will notice that we are very serious on our pest control and our hotel never had that kind of issue.

I personally feel so terribly sorry for that bad experience that I would like to check with you how we can redeem ourselves, please contact me directly on rm@pullmanbangkokkingpower.com.

Once more I would like to offer my heartfelt apologies regarding that incident.
With my very best regards,

Bertrand Dugast